Author Topic: Loftec portable flood liamp,4000 MAH USB power bank $19  (Read 189 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Loftec portable flood liamp,4000 MAH USB power bank $19
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:35:00 PM »
Here is the review I gave it.

Portable Flood Light: LOFTEK Outdoor LED Pocket Floodlight with 4000mAh USB Rechargeable Power Bank Function is not totally waterproof,but is rain resistant and plenty tough with it's aluminum body and well attached metal belt clip. The light is a bit larger than a pack of cigarettes or about the size of TWO decks of playing cards stacked ...so it will fit in a man's shirt pocket if need be but the squareness and size makes it a slightly odd package as to fit pocket or hand well. I still must say that I like it as it performs well as an area light and can light a fairly large room well enough to walk about and work without the need to carry this light. The USB cord charges ,when plugged int a USB power source, the light at about 1 AMP current...so I would not charge it from a laptop or other tablet with USB1 or USB2 as it may cause trouble with over current. I charged my new light till the 'charge LED' turned from RED to GREEN and turned the light on...WOW...it is nearly equal to a 60 watt light bulb and the flood of light covers 140 degrees or so fairly evenly for about 5 hours and then it starts getting noticeably dimmer.The switch has a rubber cover that can cause a slight problem pushing the small rocker switch from center (OFF) to I for light and II for power bank feature where it will charge at up to 1 AMP for phone charging etc though it may be slow charging some of the newer phones that often use 2 Amps or so...it will work in a pinch.

As this is new for me and I am impressed with it's quality build and rugged looks...I will add more later if my opinion or the lights capability changes...I like it a lot out of the box.

Now I add that it is a fair work lamp and very bright,but will not carry well in the hand or in a pocket due to it's size and square corners,the belt clip will work...but I use it more as a stationary light and have super glued some rare earth magnets to it on one side and velcro to the back to attach to my pack. I got it for less ,but looked up the price and for the TRUE (5 volts out) power bank and bright lamp ,plus solid enough to use as a wheel chock tough metal body lamp ...it kinda' grows on you in an ugly puppy kind of way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LW1LALM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline Ralph

• Survivor
Re: Loftec portable flood liamp,4000 MAH USB power bank $19
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 11:01:33 AM »
I checked out the Amazon link, a pretty interesting light. 90% of the reviews were 4 or 5 stars- I'll put one on my next order. Finding your post was a coincidence of sorts since I was searching the forum looking for an anglehead 18650 light. Not quite the same, this light being larger and heavier would make a pretty good light to keep in a car plus it can charge a phone. Nobody should get caught like someone I know, changing a flat tire on a dark road by cell phone light. A nice find, thanks!

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Re: Loftec portable flood liamp,4000 MAH USB power bank $19
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 11:10:40 AM »
  It is a good,solid lamp that is large for pocket or hand carry and will benefit for some kind of stand to support it as a work light ,the Power bank feature uses electronics to step up the battery voltage to make for a good 5 volt charge at 1 amp BUT if the switch is left in the charge position ,it will slowly lose charge to power the electronics ,even when not charging a device...it is common though sometime neglected as the switch must be OFF to conserve power when lamp or power bank are not in use. I don't charge any USB devices though I still like the 'industrial' feel of this device.

It is a great lamp and power bank at the cost of a power bank alone.
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?