Author Topic: O2COOL 5 inch personal fan TWO "D" cells and long run time  (Read 201 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
O2COOL 5 inch personal fan TWO "D" cells and long run time
« on: September 24, 2017, 04:10:52 PM »
 At first glance this fan looks like a toy ,I paid just under $9 for mine and after many hours and DAYS of use,It has a place and is way better than many others...but it won't mess up your hair. Here is my review to save some typing:

O2COOL 5-Inch Portable Fan, Gray will not mess up your wife's hair,but it will move enough air to really help you cool down to rest in camper or tent  as it moves the air quietly and helps to cool you down well and all night running and cooling is a neat trick for such a small fan.On my test bench I checked current needed for HIGH speed on the fan as 360 Milliamp with Tenergy Rechargeable 8,000 Milliamp Hour D cells (they make a 10,000 Mah version also) and this equates to somewhere near 30 hours of run time though somewhat slower speed than the 'copper top' Alkaline "D" cells that should last at least as long as the rechargeable cells.It will help on a hot night when the power is out but it is not going to replace your plug in fan...I like it just the same as it has helped on a few nights when the power was out.

I also found it good to move air away from the griddle cooktop I use and really good comfort when the air is still and I am hot, I have used this far more often than I thought I would though my 8 inch 12 volt fans move a lot more air when a heavy battery is near.

https://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-5-Inch-Portable-Fan-Gray/dp/B001B16VT6/ref=sr_1_59?ie=UTF8&qid=1506288992&sr=8-59&keywords=camping+gear

My 12 volt fan if any are interested,I paid $13 or so ,wait for sale price.

https://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-121-12V-Oscillating-Fan/dp/B0066CP786/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1506290114&sr=8-16&keywords=8+inch+auto+fan
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Offline backwoods_engineer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • An engineer trying to get back to the woods
    • Backwoods Engineer's Blog
Re: O2COOL 5 inch personal fan TWO "D" cells and long run time
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:04:46 PM »
I have two of these.  One is in my "extra stuff" bag that I keep in the truck, and the other is in my office at work.  The latter has been modified to also work from USB power (5V), using a dropping resistor.  Works great, has been running a couple of years on and off.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?