Author Topic: Mountain House RICE and CHICKEN #10 Can 10 servings,270 Cal/serving $15  (Read 226 times)

Online Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
  Chicken and Rice   10 ONE CUP servings at 270 Cal per serving is a pretty good tasting meal on it's own with room to add you fresh or freeze dried vegetables to make it a meal.I have consumed it after I cook it down in a pan till water is gone and a little scorch on the rice but added red and green peppers and a little Louisiana Hot Sauce really bring it to life and it makes a good,though light ,meal in very little time with just hot water if in a hurry.
This is white rice and a few bits of real? chicken with a fair bouillion added ,needs pepper for my taste ,has enough salt though not too much.

I was going to review this later after I opened another 10 year old can ,but I have had enough to know it is consistent and even my dog likes it.
  It needs spicing up a bit for most peoples taste but is a good 'filler' for days you don't have time to prepare more. I have,in the past,used a solar shower and warm water to reconstitute this stuff and still tastes OK as it is already cooked and good to go . Also it is still $15 as I type this on AMAZON with FREE PRIME shipping.Simple foods and menus are what I was raised on though this RICE with CHICKEN begs for something else tossed in to make it your own , I like Red and Green Peppers and can add them to the dry mix and carry in a old plastic fruit juice or gatorade plastic bottle for easy carry.

I often use the chicken helper from the store in the same manner ..but this tastes better and 'cooks' faster. USE 2/3 cup water to 1 cup dry mix and I use just a bit less water often as it is a tad wet unless you have it in a hot pan near the fire.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M7Z2JA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  $14.99 and still listed NOW

Why is it that the same people who use science to convince you of Global Warming,refuse DNA Science that proves you are male or female.

Government solves few problems that it does not first create.

Stop complaining about life and start Celebrating it .

I've reached the age where there is little left to learn the hard way.

If you had only one year,one month,or one day...Would you live your life differently?

Radios are pointless without someone trained to use them.