Author Topic: CCWers stop probable mass shooting  (Read 144 times)

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
CCWers stop probable mass shooting
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:10:16 PM »
It appears a pair of CCW holders stopped a person who was bent on mass murder.  A man with a handgun and a "large" amount of ammunition shot several people outside an automotive business in Florida.  Two CCW permit holders engaged the gunmen.  The business owner apparently walked outside and engaged the gunmen.  He then fled into the business while being pursued by the gunmen, another employee of the business who was carrying a concealed weapon engaged the gunmen as he entered the building.  The gunmen was struck twice and is in critical condition.

The gunmen was reported by the police as having no connection to the business.  That may mean this would have turned into a general spree killing and the two armed citizens may have prevented that.  That is noteworthy since some anti-gun types claim that is unpossible. 

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/crime/2017/11/25/police-discuss-rockledge-homicide-apprehension-gunman/894502001/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/12/dean-weingarten/rockledge-florida-concealed-carry-permit-holders-stop-mass-murder/

Possible AAR points (if additional information ever becomes available):
-What was the engagement distance for the business owner?  Parking lot gunfight might have been some distance.
-What was the business owner carrying?  Was it a good choice for the engagement distance?  What was the capacity of the handgun?  How many shots did he fire and did capacity play a part in his retreat to the building?
-The second armed citizen, what was he carrying, engagement distance, sequence of events to the gunmen giving up the ghost?

Thoughts: 
-This sounds like a it could be a case of a guy with a pocket carry gun got into a real gunfight.  While the Glock 34 43 is probably the best pocket gun I have ever fired, it reminds me that I need to ask myself why I can't carry the Glock 19 if I find myself strapping on the G34 43.  There is a reason I have another magazine...to carry it in case I need it.  Sometimes the gunfight chooses you, do you want to be the guy who abandons a coworker to his fate because you are face with a 25 yard style gunfight and all you have is the Kel-Tec P3AT? 
-Combat is a team sport.  Two armed employees sounds like it made a big difference. 

*EDIT: I am dyslexic.  Correction above following the strikethroughs.*
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:25:42 PM by Chemsoldier »
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else"
-Winston Churchill

"You think health care is expensive now? Wait until its free!"
-P.J. O'Rourke

"Is it dangerous to enter the Forum?"
-Seneca

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Reporter for the CNN
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: CCWers stop probable mass shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »
Good for the CCW'rs.

Your question about 25 yards is why I am training to get accurate with my carry piece hangun to at least 20 yrds.

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/