Author Topic: What knife are you carrying now?  (Read 3828 times)

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: What knife are you carrying now?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »
OK, I'm doing a little bragging here but yesterday I got my Benchmade Adamas. Been wanting one for a while and finally bought one. I like it but it's just a little more knife than I need.

Offline Polar Bear

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 12:14:05 PM »
OK, I'm doing a little bragging here but yesterday I got my Benchmade Adamas. Been wanting one for a while and finally bought one. I like it but it's just a little more knife than I need.

Pics or it didn't happen ;)   (if you can take and post them, please.)

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 02:08:43 PM »
https://www.benchmade.com/adamas-family.html

I got the sand color because all my other knives are black and I liked the difference. At 7.6 ounces she's a little sensitive about her weight but it's a tank. To further illustraate how unnecessary it is it comes with a molle sheath. But oh man is the fit and finish perfect with no play in the blade. You pay for a Benchmade but they do quality work.

I might have to buy another smaller knife for real carry. This is a bit silly. But I love it.

Offline Stwood

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 02:37:59 PM »
https://www.benchmade.com/adamas-family.html

I got the sand color because all my other knives are black and I liked the difference. At 7.6 ounces she's a little sensitive about her weight but it's a tank. To further illustraate how unnecessary it is it comes with a molle sheath. But oh man is the fit and finish perfect with no play in the blade. You pay for a Benchmade but they do quality work.

I might have to buy another smaller knife for real carry. This is a bit silly. But I love it.

Choking here........ $230.00  ???

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 02:39:44 PM »

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 02:59:28 PM »
  Today,I carry a COLD STEEL POCKET BUSHMAN as it is all stainless steel and is a big honkin' knife that is a slim package in the pocket. I don't recommend it as a work knife though as the one piece handle is all stainless and too thin to grip well though it makes for an intimidating knife and locks the blade in a 'tough as a tank' fashion that I like as I tend to use pocket pry bars a bit too heavy and have broken the lock on a few...this knife will drive through a car door multiple times to get someone's attention with it's 4116 cryogenic treated stainless steel it is hard to sharpen though retains an edge like few other knives I have ever seen .  I bought several at $19 each...cost more now.

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Pocket-Bushman-Folding/dp/B01AALX1O0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523306876&sr=8-1&keywords=cold+steel+pocket+bushman

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 03:51:48 PM »

Choking here........ $230.00  ???

Yeah, there's that. But I haven't bought a knife in a decade or so (at least not a tactical model) so I went for it. This was definitely a bucket list item I jumped on when my SOG broke a spring. But judging on the quality I'd imagine I'll be a Benchmade guy for life now.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 03:58:22 PM »
Yeah, there's that. But I haven't bought a knife in a decade or so (at least not a tactical model) so I went for it. This was definitely a bucket list item I jumped on when my SOG broke a spring. But judging on the quality I'd imagine I'll be a Benchmade guy for life now.

I don't think spending $230 for a luxury item you appreciate and enjoy is unreasonable.  But I would worry about losing it during my day to day.  I once lost (and found weeks later) a $30 knife I was quite fond of.  I was fairly sad for a while.

Offline Stwood

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »
I've lost knives over the years. Not many that I can recall the names though. This old timer  I carry now I've misplaced a couple of times, for a week or so at a time. Man, talk about lost in the woods..... ??? :o :'(

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 05:09:45 PM »
I don't think spending $230 for a luxury item you appreciate and enjoy is unreasonable.  But I would worry about losing it during my day to day.  I once lost (and found weeks later) a $30 knife I was quite fond of.  I was fairly sad for a while.

My wife did joke that I only need to buy a couple more to make up for her favorite purse.  ::) I don't make excuses anymore. I live like a pauper 99% of the time so when a 1% day shows up I can laugh and enjoy it. I don't have a fancy watch and I never eat out. My furniture is old and slowly being replaced by what I make. All my discretionary money goes to powertools, guns, and now a dream knife.

Losing toys sucks. This knife will either be on me or in my nightstand safe. I've learned my lesson from having 2 dozen utility knives floating everywhere.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »
  Some times you just gotta' get yourself a treat..... I have my fathers Randall # 1 that he carried in Viet Nam '63 to '67 and it is an heirloom that few would respect as I do.

Worth watching:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY5MOUO464Q

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 05:44:15 PM »
Treat yo self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0

Just imagine if I admitted I'm buying a gun later this month as well...