Author Topic: Things they don't tell you that will ease the pains of CHEMO  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Things they don't tell you that will ease the pains of CHEMO
« on: November 13, 2017, 05:10:22 AM »

The first thing I found was the skin on my arms and legs was dry and itchy,plus the skin on my fingers and hands was beginning to split open painfully and I found that just hand lotion was not enough.I found UDDERLY SMOOTH body cream helped heal the splits within days and combined with NITRIC OXIDE pretty much returned my skin to a 'dry normal' state.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K7ILMWU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

NITRIC OXIDE helped with blood circulation to my skin/extremities and appeared to aide blood flow for my skin and I think also helped with my blurry vision. It is a body builder,over the counter stuff that made me feel much better without effecting the chemo.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FWLO1JC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

Next is that chemo tends to cause a body chemistry shortage of MAGNESIUM and this is a really necessary element for your health and when you are short you will have vision problems ,dizziness,and blackouts...this is also over the counter and costs much more if prescribed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BD0RT0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And last ,though most important is a good ANTI-DIARRHEAL as while we don't talk about it much this is a real health issue when taking CHEMO often..You can't get much from your food if it won't stay in you long enough and with corn as my trace element I had found food would pass completely through me in under two hours and ,at times,I thought I could tell my next meal ...NOTE I 'lost' my lower colon and a collection bag provides that I must see what my digestion process is doing. Have some Anti-Diarrheal on hand as others may also need it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00471400O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also ,when offered pain killers ,by the doctor,that you think you don't or won't need ...accept them and this way you will have them handy as often you will not suffer till at home and the internal pain can be a real problem. Hydrocodone is most common ,though use sparingly.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
Re: Things they don't tell you that will ease the pains of CHEMO
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:17:11 AM »
thanks, carl.  good information I hope i never need  :-\

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 06:19:10 AM »
Good survival information of a unique sort Carl, thanks.  Hope things are improving for you as this week goes along.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 06:26:41 AM »
Good survival information of a unique sort Carl, thanks.  Hope things are improving for you as this week goes along.

Less pain,so far today,and food has made it completely through my digestive tract without backing up. The few simple things above,especially the ANTI-DIARRHEAL should be in everyone's stock ,along with electrolytes and a vitamin with minerals or mineral supplement as these inexpensive things can really help people to live ,especially when under stress...Diarrhea kills major portions of population in areas with water the body isn't used to.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 06:29:32 AM »
That is good news, Carl.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:49:34 AM »
Good info Carl, sorry you had to be the guinea pig. I'll try the magnesium my last blood test shows I'm a little low.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »
  I am lucky as I get a blood test every two weeks and often have head scratching results.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 11:44:59 AM »
While this might sound a bit silly, dehydration due to diarrhea is a global killer, especially in developing countries with poor sanitation. 
Some facts from the World Health Organization:

* Diarrhoeal disease is the second leading cause of death in children under five years old. It is both preventable and treatable.
* Each year diarrhoea kills around 525 000 children under five.
* A significant proportion of diarrhoeal disease can be prevented through safe drinking-water and adequate sanitation and hygiene.
* Globally, there are nearly 1.7 billion cases of childhood diarrhoeal disease every year.
* Diarrhoea is a leading cause of malnutrition in children under five years old.

Oral rehydration therapy is extremely simple, and can be implemented when commercial electrolyte products such as Gatorade or Powerade are not available.