Author Topic: Cannon Safes  (Read 1382 times)

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
Cannon Safes
« on: February 05, 2018, 06:32:32 PM »
Today I got a call from my wife telling me that the door to our gun safe was open but she couldn't unlock it pull the bars back and shut and lock it properly (she bumped the handle and 'locked' it while open). I went home and could not get it to unlock. This is a budget safe I bought from Costco about four years ago for ~$400 on sale. Not top of the line, definitely not under warranty any more.

I found my manual and called the support number inside. After about 20 minutes on the phone with a friendly rep who first helped me trouble shoot and diagnose the cause I have a new locking mechanism and solenoid being shipped to me. All free of charge. I am blown away by the level of CS that they showed. I was expecting to at least pay for shipping but they are taking care of everything. He walked me through what to do over the phone and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to manage on my own repair when the parts arrive.

Shout out to Cannon and their CS. If I ever need a bigger safe I'll make sure to look at their line first.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
Re: Cannon Safes
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:48:12 PM »
Yes, I looked at this topic because I thought it was about really large safes for cannons.

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 08:05:18 PM »
Well, if I did own a cannon I would want to keep it safe!

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:06:02 PM »
Yes, I looked at this topic because I thought it was about really large safes for cannons.

i was stuck at the word 'cannon'