Author Topic: Backyard chickens, not enough rules?  (Read 250 times)

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Backyard chickens, not enough rules?
« on: March 12, 2018, 07:56:51 PM »

Basically, some people think backyard chickens need more rules. A few of the points are well taken. Most of it though just takes something interesting, useful and free and adds rules and hassles. Having to take a chicken to the vet to be euthanized? Silliness.
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else"
-Winston Churchill

"You think health care is expensive now? Wait until its free!"
-P.J. O'Rourke

"Is it dangerous to enter the Forum?"

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
Re: Backyard chickens, not enough rules?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 1,120 cases of salmonella linked to backyard poultry between January and September 2017.

Chicken salad, which was USDA inspected, made 170 people sick in 7 states thus week. 68 are in the hospital.

I think 1,120 getting salmonella from live chickens is really LOW, compared to CDC estimates that Salmonella causes about 1.2 million illnesses, 23,000 hospitalizations, and 450 deaths in the United States every year. Food is the source for about 1 million of those illnesses.

"Do not breathe simply to exist."
- Cedar

"Time shall unfold what plighted cunning hides,
Who covers faults, at last with shame derides."
- King Leer Act I, Sc I, Ln 263

"What happens when a nation, although acting consistently with its own laws, behaves so monstrously that other nations, and eventually history itself, are compelled to condemn it?" - R. Noak

"The free press is the despot’s enemy, which makes the free press the guardian of democracy. When a figure in power reflexively calls any press that doesn’t suit him 'fake news,' it is that person who should be the figure of suspicion, not the press"- J.F.

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: Backyard chickens, not enough rules?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:22:23 AM »
i wish gov would get it hands out of my coop.

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: