Author Topic: Florida police confiscate guns for the first time under state’s new gun-control  (Read 700 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Florida police confiscate guns for the first time under state’s new gun-control laws

Police in Broward County, Florida, seized a middle-aged man’s firearms and ammunition Friday after a county judge issued the state’s first temporary firearm seizure under the state’s new “red flag” law.

What happened?
According to the Sun-Sentinel, Lighthouse Point Police seized four firearms and more than 250 rounds of ammunition from a 56-year-old man who police determined was a “potential risk to himself or others.”

In addition, the man was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital to undergo psychiatric treatment. Florida’s Baker Act allows judges, law enforcement officers, and medical professors to temporarily commit residents for up to 72 hours who are deemed risks to themselves or others.

Also, the man is prohibited from buying or possessing firearms and ammunition in the near future.

What led to the order?
The Sun-Sentinel has the details:

Police were called after the man turned off the main electrical breakers to the condo building in Lighthouse Point, court records show. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel is not identifying the man because of his medical condition.

The man told officers he “was being targeted and burglarized by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a neighbor who lives in [his] building,” the judge wrote in his order. “[He] could not describe the neighbor but stated that the neighbor [can] ‘shape shift, he can change heights and I’m not sure where he comes from’ and ‘to be honest, he looks like Osama Bin Laden.’”

He also told officers that he had to turn off the electrical breakers because “they are electrocuting me through my legs.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/19/florida-police-confiscate-guns-for-the-first-time-under-states-new-gun-control-laws

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  Those shape-shifting neighbors can really ruin a neighborhood... ::)

Probably a good idea to hold on to this mans guns for a while.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
  Those shape-shifting neighbors can really ruin a neighborhood... ::)

Probably a good idea to hold on to this mans guns for a while.

and his alcohol.

Offline armymars

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
  OT  I wonder if the neighbor can do Marilyn Monroe in " Some like it Hot ".

Offline Polar Bear

• Dedicated Contributor
and his alcohol.

It's Florida, alcohol not needed.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  OT  I wonder if the neighbor can do Marilyn Monroe in " Some like it Hot ".

I felt like I could when I was younger and my prostate worked.

Offline machinisttx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • yay
Florida’s Baker Act allows judges, law enforcement officers, and medical professors to temporarily commit residents for up to 72 hours who are deemed risks to themselves or others.

Well, there's no possible way that could ever be misused.  ::)

I'm going to guess the guy is probably a paranoid schizophrenic. Unfortunately, many of the medications have(or had in the past) adverse side effects which is why many of those so affected won't stay on them. An uncle of mine would have had a much better life if this wasn't the case.  :(

Offline Fixit

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
The strange thing is it may be medical not mental . Just saw a case up here where a guy swore that there was loud music playing . Was calling the police on his neighbor . They show up no music playing . Once he got a UTI treated and cleared up no more music.