Author Topic: DIY Smokeless Odorless Waste Incinerator?  (Read 625 times)

Offline CdnGuy

• Survivor
DIY Smokeless Odorless Waste Incinerator?
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:20:16 PM »
Anyone have a link or plans for a DIY smokeless odorless waste incinerator. A plain burn barrel just won't cut it, unfortunately. I've looked at quite a few, but they look a little sketchy.

There is the SmartAsh unit, and I can see the basic principle at work, but the one part I can't figure out is the air deflector in the top. Anyone have an idea what that might look like from the top or how to fabricate it?

Now here's where it gets tricky...I can't weld. I can rivet like a mofo though. ;) I'm thinking stainless steel rivets would be best. Any concerns?

I have a 200 gallon oil tank. That's a bit bigger than I'd like, but if that's what I have to go with, that'll do. Ideally, I'd like to use a standard 55 gallon drum.

Offline Frugal Upstate

• Dedicated Contributor
  • aka Jenn Fowler and Jenn @ Frugal Upstate ;)
    • Frugal Upstate
Re: DIY Smokeless Odorless Waste Incinerator?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 08:04:41 AM »
:popcorn:

Offline CdnGuy

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 01:16:52 PM »
I got pricing on that SmartAsh unit. Over $3,500 CDN. Bit too rich for me. It must be because of the EPA certification they had to go through, and things like that.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website maintenance services by Mr. Bill
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 06:07:53 PM »
Over $3,500 CDN.

:jaw-drop:

On behalf of people who breathe, thank you for aiming for smokeless/odorless burning.  I don't have a suggestion for how to do it, though.  In my neighborhood, people wait until 5:01 PM or weekends (when the Clean Air Agency is closed) and light off piles that smolder for hours.