Author Topic: Rechargable batteries  (Read 836 times)

Offline Applejack

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
Rechargable batteries
« on: April 25, 2018, 06:39:43 PM »
I am trying to find a place that sells rechargable batteries. I have 2 solar rechargers and need more batteries. I am now in process of trying to stock these a little at a time as they are not cheap. Does anyone have any idea where to buy these that are not charging an arm and leg for them?

Offline CharlesH

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Hope is a method...
Re: Rechargable batteries
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 06:52:19 PM »
Have you checked prices on Amazon?  I would imagine they are also available at places like Walmart at decent prices.

“Charging an arm and a leg” is a rather subjective phrase, however.  Depending on what you consider an unfair markup to be between regular and rechargeable batteries, it’s possible you won’t find anyone selling them for what you consider fair.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:36:31 AM »
You can't go wrong with Eneloop brand rechargeable batteries.  They're a little more expensive, but are extremely reliable and under normal use will last for decades.

BTW, we are talking about AA's and similar here?

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »
What is the desired use?
You need batteries that fit the devices you plan to power.
Most solar chargers for small AAA,AA,C,D cell batteries do not really have enough solar to do any appreciable amount of charging.

For AAA and AA cells, the ENELOOP cells are ,in my opinion.the best
For 9 Volt,C and D cells,the TENERGY Low Self Discharge cells are a good choice...I use these.

Offline Applejack

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:57:36 PM »
thanks guys. I will check out the Eneloop batteries. I have both a solar and a regular plug in charger. I am mostly wanting AA and D for my husband's electric toothbrush that runs off batteries. He is killing me with the throw aways.  Also for one of our flash lights that we use most of the time. I know they are expensive but will save me a bundle in the long run. I have checked on Amazon and they seem a bit to pricey. Thinking somewhere other than Amazon would be cheaper pending rather I have to pay shipping or not.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 05:30:21 AM »
  Rechargeable are real economy in devices that you use often. I even use the ENELOOP "AA" cells in remotes and wall clocks as I have not had a single cell LEAK while in use except for 4 damaged in a defective charger and that could have been avoided.

Offline armymars

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 04:45:47 PM »
  Does anyone have any info on Dakota LIFEPO4 batteries. I'm looking at their 10ah US made battery.