Author Topic: Go Pro Camera ?  (Read 475 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Go Pro Camera ?
« on: May 11, 2018, 01:03:40 PM »

I have gotten interested in a Go Pro camera. I need to research it a bit more. Initially I was just thinking what camera could I use to record my band. The Go Pro has a remote control which I thought was cool. Go Pros are alos water proof so I could record canoing down some rapids or under water shots. Not that I plan to do a lot of that, but it seems kind of a cool idea.

I have an IPhone, maybe it's an IPhone 8 which has 120 gig. I get a little frustrated with it even though I like it. I upgraded to an new OS and when it's playing podcasts the app dies and has to be restarted a lot. It also won't transfer movies or photos to my dell laptop, I have to use a Mac now to transfer the files. I could bite the bullet and use the IPhone to record despite that, maybe I just want a new toy I don't know

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Go Pro Camera ?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 04:11:13 PM »
They seem very good... however, if what you really want is to record your band, you might be able to find a good option with a simple camcorder. I have a simple handycam I bought for a similar purpose for recording class presentations and musical events for my work... it is simple to use, very portable and easy to move files since it uses an SD card. The newer version is under $200

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Recording-HDRCX405-Handycam-Camcorder/dp/B00R5LH9HO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526076569&sr=8-3&keywords=handycam&dpID=41FMxD6mGLL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVopTcdqL-Q

Offline antsyaunt

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Go Pro Camera ?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 04:27:14 PM »
I would like to use one to record hive status when I work with bees.  I haven’t figured out how to attach it to show my line of sight without pressing the suit/veil against my skin (which would negate the protection).