Author Topic: Theraband Flexbar  (Read 837 times)

Online David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
Theraband Flexbar
« on: May 17, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »
I have tennis elbow in both elbows. Not enough to keep me from doing things but there is pain, particularly in some lifts. I've done it all to fix it with no help.

Then I tried the Flexbar from Theraband.

http://www.theraband.com/theraband-flexbar-resistance-bar.html

The first time I tried it (it's goofy) I immediately felt the stretch in all the right places. And it works on the negaative only so less pain. Definitely opens up the forearms and reduces discomfort.

My only complaint (and it's probably unique to very few of us) is that the heaviest weight isn't heavy enough for me. I could do more. But if you've got elbow pain that's chronic what's $20 to wager on a tool to reduce pain?

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website maintenance services by Mr. Bill
Re: Theraband Flexbar
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »
Okay, that was timely.

Mayo Clinic: Tennis Elbow

...Tennis elbow is an overuse and muscle strain injury. The cause is repeated contraction of the forearm muscles that you use to straighten and raise your hand and wrist. The repeated motions and stress to the tissue may result in a series of tiny tears in the tendons that attach the forearm muscles to the bony prominence at the outside of your elbow.

As the name suggests, playing tennis — especially repeated use of the backhand stroke with poor technique — is one possible cause of tennis elbow. However, many other common arm motions can cause tennis elbow, including:

Using plumbing tools
    Painting
    Driving screws
    Cutting up cooking ingredients, particularly meat
    Repetitive computer mouse use ...

Bingo!  I'm now diagnosed.

I might try one of those TheraBand thingies.  But, just knowing what it is, and how it's caused, will be helpful -- I can probably use my mouse some other way, or find a mouse substitute.

Thanks, David.

Online archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 10:41:50 PM »
i wish we had tails we could use for mousing.

Offline Arky

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 08:54:45 AM »
I can probably use my mouse some other way, or find a mouse substitute.

I have a chronic problem with my wrist and elbow.  I bought one of these Anker ergonomic - mouses? mice?- whatever.... It has helped tremendously.  It definitely takes some getting used to though.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wireless-Vertical-Ergonomic-Optical/dp/B00BIFNTMC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526655104&sr=8-3&keywords=anker+mouse

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 10:38:02 AM »
Thanks, Arky -- I discovered the "vertical mouse" yesterday and was planning to buy one, so it's good to hear a positive report.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »
the Flexbar from Theraband

Bought one.  Only used it a few times so far, but it does get the exact tennis/mouse elbow spot.

I bought one of these Anker ergonomic - mouses? mice?- whatever....

I got their new-and-allegedly-improved model:
Anker Wireless Mouse, Ergonomic USB 2.4G Wireless Vertical Mouse with 3 Adjustable DPI Levels 800/1200/1600 and Side Controls, Black

It feels like a more natural position for the hand, and I think there's less stress on the elbow.  We'll see.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks.

Online David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 02:11:40 PM »
Glad to help. I've also been using it on the floor and rolling my feet on it. I've got flat feet and insist on wearing flip flops as much as possible. Leads to sore feet but who wants orthotics in summer?