Author Topic: I'm going to SEA-PAC 2018  (Read 950 times)

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
I'm going to SEA-PAC 2018
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:02:02 AM »
This is a regional ARRL convention hosted in Seaside, OR (http://www.seapac.org/).  It's the first weekend of June.
I took the family last year, the weather was fantastic, the beach was beautiful.  There was plenty for the family to do while dad got his radio fix.

As most folks don't get to attend these larger events (I haven't even considered Hamvention), I thought I'd ask TSP if there's an info or knowledge they'd like me to relay back?

Here's the schedule of seminars available.

Or if there's a vendor you have a burning question to ask, I'll do my best to find them:
http://www.seapac.org/exhibitors.html

Let me know.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
Re: I'm going to SEA-PAC 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 06:29:30 PM »
Smurf, I see several sessions I'd really like to attend – with "Portable Operation With Solar Power" topping the list.  I don't really have anything I'd like you to ask though.  Well, maybe what is the MARS ghost in the box?

If I wanted to get my snark on, I'd ask the Yaesu rep "OK, when are y'all really bringing out a new QRP radio?"   ;D

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
Re: I'm going to SEA-PAC 2018
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:27:26 PM »
Haha ok.  I'm professional but have had stern conversations with vendors before.  I still have mixed feelings about RT systems.  For about 5 minutes I was prepared to spend $50 on software so I could program a $40 radio I won as a door prize.  Common sense prevailed.

On the other hand I met the folks at buddipole and tigertronics.  Both outstanding small business people who are gracious and passionate about their products.

My character flaw is I don't take myself too seriously and will sometimes laugh when offered a ridiculously offer priced gizmo.