Author Topic: Colloidal Silver (merged topics)  (Read 25657 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Colloidal Silver (merged topics)
« on: June 15, 2009, 08:29:04 PM »
 Does anyone know if coldial silver is easy to buy at health food stores or do you need to buy it over the internet ?  Is it expensive ? Anyone buy one of those generators ?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:33:25 PM by Sister Wolf »

calamityjane

Re: colidial silver ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:44:04 PM »
Does anyone know if coldial silver is easy to buy at health food stores or do you need to buy it over the internet ?  Is it expensive ? Anyone buy one of those generators ?

You should be able to find it at a Health Food store.   The one I buy is 15 ppm solution and runs about $25 / 16 oz bottle. 

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:30:37 AM »

Any recommendations on where to order coldial silver online ? If it is not available OTC, would you still be able to order it online ?

Funny that it may be banned, seems to fit the conspiracy aspect ..

calamityjane

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:01:45 AM »
Any recommendations on where to order coldial silver online ? If it is not available OTC, would you still be able to order it online ?

Funny that it may be banned, seems to fit the conspiracy aspect ..

I would say start 'surfin' Surfivor!  :)  Google colloidal silver and read it all and go from there.  You might save yourself some time by calling your local health food store first and get their advice (and prices). 

cj

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:07:53 AM »

Offline Cave Dweller

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:06:20 AM »
Not sure where I got this, or if it works, but you can in theory make your own.

BASIC COLLOIDAL SILVER GENERATOR
PARTS NEEDED:
l Two, 6" lengths of .999 pure silver flat 3/32" wide wire.
l Two alligator clip leads, approximately one foot long, of 18 to 22 gauge stranded wire.
l One 16 oz. glass jar.
l One small eyedropper type bottle for saline solution.
l Three, 9 volt batteries (normal radio or smoke alarm size).
l One gallon jug of distilled water - not tap water.

MAKE SALINE SOLUTION AS FOLLOWS:
l Mix one level teaspoon of sea salt with four (4) ounces of distilled water.
l Fill eyedropper bottle with saline solution and store the rest in the refrigerator.
l (After the first batch of colloidal silver is made, a few drops of CS in the saline solution will
prevent bacterial growth.)

TO MAKE COLLOIDAL SILVER:
l 1. Snap the three batteries together in series: ( + - + - + -) (One of the batteries will appear
upside down.) The batteries can be attached to a board with velcro straps to hold them in place.
l 2. Add 16 ounces of distilled water to jar or glass (tall and narrow is better than short/wide).
l 3. Place silver wires over open mouth of jar.
l 4. Make sure the two silver wires don’t touch!
l 5. Attach clip leads to the two silver wires.
l 6. Attach the other ends of the clip leads to the two exposed terminals on the battery pack.
l 7. Add 4 drops of saline solution to glass or jar (to improve conductivity of the water).
l 8. Set an audible timer for 10 minutes. You will notice one silver wire (cathode) releasing
hydrogen bubbles and the other wire releasing a grey cloudy "mist" into the water (anode +).
l 9. Disconnect the clip leads after 10 minutes.
¡ A. You now have a 5 to 7 ppm solution of colloidal silver. There is no apparent benefit in
making a stronger solution.
¡ B. With a pint jar you can make 16 ounces of colloidal silver in 10 to 14 minutes.
l 10. Leave the dark oxide on the anode wire. Do not clean it off until immediately before using it
again for the next batch, but use it as the cathode next time to even out the wear on the wire.
l 11. Store colloidal silver in dark brown glass bottles (32 oz large mouth beer bottles with
screw caps work well). DO NOT store colloidal silver in metal or plastic containers.
l Store the bottles of colloidal silver in a warm dark place away from sunlight: colloidal silver
is photosensitive and may change chemically. Shake or swirl bottle before each use.
l 12. It is important that colloidal silver be made in distilled water.

SUGGESTED USES OF COLLOIDAL SILVER:
l Daily maintenance dose = 2 ounces for gargle, then swallow.
l Moderate illness = 2 ounces three times daily.
l Severe illness = 3 ounces three times daily.

I think it's from end times report
http://www.endtimesreport.com/Site_Index.htm

I got a recipe for capturing and preparing wild penicillin too.

calamityjane

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 11:56:55 AM »

calamityjane

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 12:00:38 PM »
Not sure where I got this, or if it works, but you can in theory make your own.

I think it's from end times report
http://www.endtimesreport.com/Site_Index.htm

I got a recipe for capturing and preparing wild penicillin too.

It's good to know it can be done, but too many steps for me.  Plus, I'd likely set myself on fire somehow.  ;) 

Thanks for the link too!

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 01:17:47 PM »
Sounds like someone has been listening to Cope Reynolds :)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 04:35:02 PM »
Sounds like someone has been listening to Cope Reynolds :)
Who?

Offline Buffy

• Survivor
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 06:12:43 PM »
Umm, why would you want colloidal silver?
Please say you're not going to swallow it.

Offline Dan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • MSB Founding Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 06:40:27 PM »
I’m not going to comment about it ether way but do yourself a favor and look up Argyria. I would hate for someone to end up with it because they didn’t know it was a possible side effect.

Oh, and I do listen to Cope.

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »
Who?

He does a podcast called "The Shooting Bench". It's pretty good. Probably my 2nd or 3rd most listen to podcast, behind TSP of course :).
http://theshootingbench.net/

and his other website
http://www.southwestshootingauthority.com/index.html

Offline Hraz

• Survivalist Mentor
Colloidal silver
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 09:31:51 PM »
Does anyone take colloidal silver? Is it true the FDA is trying to ban it?

Offline ZedHead

• Prepper
Re: Colloidal silver
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 12:00:05 AM »
Be careful you don't end up looking like this guy.

Offline KYdoomer

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Zen Gardener
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 07:43:19 AM »
Be careful you don't end up looking like this guy.

PAPA SMURF!!!

Offline Hraz

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 08:08:36 AM »
My kids like the smurfs, maybe they would like be better if I was bluer. ;D

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 11:34:36 AM »
I consulted for a gentleman that makes IONIC silver generators. That's to be differentiated from COLLOIDAL silver generators.

Ionic silver is perfectly safe, and at concentrations of roughly 10-30ppm, you would literally have to drink hundreds of gallons of the solution (distilled water + silver hydroxide) to produce ANYTHING like that effect.

However: if you put tap water, or even salt water, as that fellow did, a lot of chemistry goes on, and you wind up with insoluble silver chloride. This tends to concentrate in the skin, thus producing a bluish tinge when exposed to sunlight.

Yes, he's a walking photographic plate.

Ionic silver, with a low tyndall (the little grains of silver floating around reflect light like glitter) are AMAZING for disinfecting surfaces, wounds, and even your gut. If you want advice, please feel free to PM me, but do be wary of any generators that claim super fast production or that include ANYTHIGN other than distilled water in their generator setup.

I consulted with the proprieter of a business that makes generators, and I only worked with him because I have the same standards that Jack demands of his advertisers. He's got a truly high quality product, and through our work together, it's even better, safer (although it was never dangerous, he now has zero detectable tyndall ;-), and more cost effective.

I would also be wary of its use as a cure all. it will NOT fix your arthritis. it's great inhaled for an ADJUVANT to antibiotics or antivirals, and there are SCADS of FDA approved studies to support this.

Here are some links, but if you want the company that I consulted with, I'll be happy to direct you there in a PM.

http://www.convatec.com/en/cvtus-abtuslocus/cvt-prtprogdet/0/detail/0/1608/7534/convatec-launches-new-aquacel-ag-dressing-with-str.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-115549824.html

YMMV.

Offline Hraz

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »
Does anyone know what the difference between Nano Silver & Colloidal Silver is?

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 10:21:04 PM »
Marketing hype.

As far as what to buy, get the lowest tyndall effect you can find - test it yourself with a laser pointer - and a concentration between 10 and 20 ppm. Any claims higher are BS or unstable, and anything lower isn't worth your time or money.

Nano silver is ostensibly nanoparticles of silver, which IS colloidal silver, ionic silver is virtually zero particulate, with plenty of ionic silver in solution. That's the big difference physically/chemically between the products that are out there.

Anything else is either a pharmaceutical/petrochemical/high energy physics reagent grade chemical compound costing several hundred dollars per mL, (from a chemical company) or it's just some marketing hype applied to regular old run of the mill CS/ionic silver.

PM me if you have questions about specific products/links/etc. and I can tell you if I have specific experience with the product in question.

Offline Kellib

• Survivor
    • homestead101
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 02:13:46 PM »
how do you do the test with the laser pointer? I am making my own Colloidal silver with a maker I purchased on line and I want to make sure I am getting a real product.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 05:20:26 PM »
Who made it?

Shine a red laser pointer through the solution. You shouldn't see much at all. You need a TDS meter to tell you that something IS dissolved in it, but to make sure you're not getting MASSIVE flakes that can mess things up for you, just shine the laser through. It should look like glitter if you have large particles, and you should see virtually nothing at all if it's clean solution.

PM me and I'll hit you with a place to order replacement rods if yours are quite literally, flaky.

Offline Asclepius

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Klaatu barada nikto.
    • Prep Roll
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 11:57:12 PM »
What's the risk of getting heavy metal poisoning?

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 12:03:43 AM »
Slim to none, and Slim is pretty truant this semester.

I wouldn't take any solution that had color to it (high concentrations above 20-30ppm) on a daily sort of basis, but the particle size thing is more critial than anything. The blue dude probbably had a gram or so of silver in his system, and he had no adverse effects other than being blue/gray.

Offline Asclepius

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Klaatu barada nikto.
    • Prep Roll
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »
Does that explain these guys?

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »
Nah, they're space aliens.

Offline 123123

• Prepper
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »
Slim to none, and Slim is pretty truant this semester.

I wouldn't take any solution that had color to it (high concentrations above 20-30ppm) on a daily sort of basis, but the particle size thing is more critial than anything. The blue dude probbably had a gram or so of silver in his system, and he had no adverse effects other than being blue/gray.

How much silver at 10 ppm  would you have to drink to turn blue like that!

Also you say that over 20 ppm it is unstable. are you looking at shelf life or sunlight exp. or something other than that?

Offline cohutt

• non semper erit aestas
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Don't Give Up Your Keys
    • Behind cohutt's Fence
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 06:01:36 PM »

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 12:30:45 AM »
It's not so much that it's unstable, it's just beyond my threshold or comfort level to consume (orally) that much silver all together. There's all kinds of ions in the stomach and gut that would combine with the silver, giving unpredictable results. The blue guy that's been floating around the talk show circuit for years used a car battery and salt water to make his colloidal silver - he was making SCADS of silver chloride, which is largely insoluble in water. Silver halides are used in photogaphic film since they photoreduce to silver grains, thus producing an image when exposed and developed. Your body is a great place to make this chemical reaction happen - drink a scad of silver chloride, then go out in the sun. Poof, you're blue. Apparently it took years for this to occur, and the other thing to keep in mind is particle size - a pure ionic solution of silver will not really do this, but a colloid of silver "chunks" or agglomerations of atoms WILL do this.

I worked with the guy at Silverlungs to develop a process of pre-treating his silver electrodes to make them only produce ionic solutions, even at very high drive currents. He only gets tyndall above about 25-30 PPM, and this largely disappears upon filtering, or just letting the solution rest for a while. Other devices rely on electonics alone to control current flow and they're basically peeing in the wind and hoping it doesn't blow back on them too hard. If you have a generator by another company, grab a pair of his electrodes and you'll be set - no need to buy a whole new setup.

I advocate the use of silver for topical applications with virtually unlimited dosages, but for internal consumption I would keep it down below about 50ml of 15ppm silver (ballpark) daily during the course of an infection or significant threat of infection. For normal daily preventives, I'd keep it down to just a few ml (say 1-5ml) of a 10-20ppm solution. Anything less is pretty much just wate, and anything more is putting a bunch of silver in you that won't do a whole lot if nothing's coming after you, and with anything, you risk side effects with continued exposure. I haven't seen any from silver in concentrations and dosages like this, but why push the envelope?

The higher concentration solutions start taking on a golden to green color, and with my general knowledge of biochemistry and all, it just doesn't seem like it'd be all that great of an idea to just drink it.

I have and intend to use an ultrasonic nebulizer (part of my consultation compensation package - pretty tiny and a damned sweet unit, and battery/AC powered to boot) in case of an airborne pathogen pandemic, but this will be an adjuvant to any other therapy I use. That's kind of the neat thing about silver, is that it's largely benign until you start adding chlorides and bromides to it - there's virtually no drug interactions documented. I do see a potential problem with intestinal flora with long term imbibement of silver hydrosols, so keep an eye to safety, and if your poop changes significantly, discontinue use, dose up on yogurt and probiotics, and see if things improve. Inhalation should be one dosage per day during a crisis, and limit your intake to high-threat-level situations, daily dosing isn't really recommended since we have such limited data on this delivery method. Anecdotal data suggest that ion mobility is such that you literally pee out any excess, but we still have some urine clearance tests to complete before we can conclude anything specific. I'll update once we get the data. Trying to get a large enough sample base to make the data statistically significant is really the key. I'd like an 'n' of 100 or more.

Hope that helps,
Orion

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
Is this what someone means when they say they have the "blues"?