Author Topic: Colloidal Silver (merged topics)  (Read 25651 times)

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
Re: Colloidal silver
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 07:19:15 PM »
That was nearly funny.

DIAF.

:-p

Offline Lenwood

• Prepper
    • Lenwood Leather
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »
We use it. It works with ear infections and other infections we have encountered.

Offline Ragzilla

• Survivor
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2009, 08:51:32 PM »

Offline cohutt

• non semper erit aestas
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Don't Give Up Your Keys
    • Behind cohutt's Fence

AC

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 01:59:09 PM »
High end athletic gear has silver in it to cut down on smelliness, silver has some real uses like this.

But, since the stomach contains about 1 molar HCl, wouldn't those little silver flakes get turned into silver chloride in the stomach?

The Tyndall effect is interesting. I could not figure out how people were turning blue from a solution of just the ions in transit. Of course, if the ions don't meet an electrode they can stick to, of course they'll "bounce off" and form a colloid. This stuff may be useful.

dsonshine

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 10:29:30 AM »
Hi
I have been reading the posts about Colloidal Silver and I would like to comment.  I take silver everyday. I have never been accused of being blue/gray no have I noticed it in the mirror. My parents have purchased a machine that uses distilled H2O.  The more pure the H2O the better the end result.  I have terrible allergies and therefore my immune system is always under attack especially now.  The silver solution has allowed me to maintain my life without having to go to a doctor for antibiotics. I have started reading more information about silver on the web just so I know what to look for especially since I don't want to turn blue and silver is becoming harder to acquire.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 11:26:08 AM »
Hi
I have been reading the posts about Colloidal Silver and I would like to comment.  I take silver everyday. I have never been accused of being blue/gray no have I noticed it in the mirror. My parents have purchased a machine that uses distilled H2O.  The more pure the H2O the better the end result.  I have terrible allergies and therefore my immune system is always under attack especially now.  The silver solution has allowed me to maintain my life without having to go to a doctor for antibiotics. I have started reading more information about silver on the web just so I know what to look for especially since I don't want to turn blue and silver is becoming harder to acquire.

Silverlungs.com has nebulizers and eyedroppers, as well as nasal sprayers and spritzers for topical applications. Might look into that - you can take a much smaller amount of silver in and wind up with the same blood titers, without creating any AgCl precipitates in the stomach. Also, since most of what you'd be worried abuot gets into your body via mucous membranes, treatment at the point of entry allows much lower dosing, rather than doing the roundabout mouth-gut-blood-tissue pathway. I only use it intermittently during times of exposure or suspected infection, like the beginning of a semester, or when I'm in enclosed spaces with lots of other people for extended periods of time.

I don't advocate daily use, but that's really up to the individual.

dsonshine

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 11:50:56 AM »
I only use it intermittently during times of exposure or suspected infection, like the beginning of a semester, or when I'm in enclosed spaces with lots of other people for extended periods of time.

I don't advocate daily use, but that's really up to the individual.

I've been reading about the difference between the colloidal silver and Ionic Silver  .  I did not know the difference or that there was a difference until I started reading about these. I was under the impression that all silver solutions were the same.  I realize that the colloidal silver is much stronger.  However, it is also much more expensive.  My parents can make the ionic silver and so far it has been awesome.  I only take a couple of tablespoons at most.  I will also probably start skipping days once the spring flowers and blooming trees turns into summer.

Offline Dainty

• Darth Dainty, Bunny Snuggler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Making it work!
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »
About a month ago I used colloidal silver to resolve infectious pink eye. Itching was reduced dramatically the second I applied it, and within 24 hours my eye was completely cleared up.

I tend to be more cautious about internal use simply because I have little indication of whether or not it's doing any good, and it just isn't something I'm comfortable messing with.

dsonshine

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 10:01:25 AM »
I tend to be more cautious about internal use simply because I have little indication of whether or not it's doing any good, and it just isn't something I'm comfortable messing with.

I tend to be more cautious as well.  However, my parents have read everything they can get their hands on and I have started doing some research on my own as well.  I have never tried it topical but before I started taking Ionic Silver internally I had to go to the  doctor every hay season at least once for breathing treatments.  Since I started taking this internally I have not had to have any breathing treatments.

HertZer

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 11:28:22 PM »
          I am using colloidal silver for how many months and the result is really amazing. This food supplement are the one that is perfect for me and to my sister.

Offline Bugoutguy

• Fledgling Prepper
Re: colloidal silver ?
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2010, 09:36:47 AM »
This is an absolute must have in my bags.  And yes, I use it topically and also take it internally.  When I get a sinus infection, it's a tablespoon of silver every 12 hours.  And usually, the third tablespoon is taken "just to make sure".

Please don't try to discourage people from using true colloidal silver, without knowing the facts.  Some companies will try to sell a silver protein solution as colloidal silver, which is a scam.  Typically, these solutions will have a higher concentration of larger silver particles, so a protein gets added.  The protein will envelope the silver particles and help keep them in suspension.  But bacteria can form on the protein, as it never comes into contact with the encapsulated silver.  And the higher concentration of larger particles can lead to argyria.  Note:  I said "can" and not "will".

I've been using silver for everything from sinus infections to eye washes for 8-9 years now and have never had so much as a hint of gray or blue tint in my skin.  If you're wanting some good information on a very handy product to have around, check this site - Colloidal Minerals.  It will give you the run down on what colloidal silver can and can not do and also provide you information on how to be sure you're buying the right product.  To dismiss colloidal silver without the facts is akin to warning people not to take anti-venom, because it contains venom.  I keep small dropper bottles of silver in all my FAKs, with a large bottle here at the house to refill the smaller bottles if/when necessary.

Offline survive

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »
I've made my own generator.  Most of the stuff is easy to find.  But you will need to get 2 pieces of silver wire.

Do a search in YouTube for "Colloidal Silver Generator" and you will find lots of hits.  They will walk you through the process.

Making your own generator, will reduce you cost to pennies a glass.  The health food stores will charge you over $20 for the same amount.

Offline wf.wizard

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2010, 04:54:39 AM »
I am convinced that colloidal silver does not work. When I first heard of it I studied up on it. I bought the store made as well as made my own with a generator. The event that convinced me it was just snake oil was when I treated myself for an ear ache. I wound up with facial paralysis for almost three weeks. That has been over ten years ago. If there were any true medical value it would have been recognized by now and I would have heard about it. Before anyone pops off how it is a conspiracy by the AMA so they can sell expensive drugs instead consider how the third world would embrace colloidal silver if it worked.

Offline Bugoutguy

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 01:59:41 PM »
<shrug>

To each his own.  In the late 19th and early 20th Centuries, doctors used colloidal silver regularly, so it's not something someone dreamed up to scam people out of their hard-earned dollars.  When my (now-deceased) grandmother heard me mention it, she recalled having used it as a child.  She also remembered my great-grandmother putting a silver dollar in a pitcher of milk "to keep the milk fresh".

As for big pharmaceutical companies, they regularly lobby Congress to have silver removed from the market.  Why spend the money, if it doesn't work anyway?  If it doesn't work, people will just stop buying it and the product will go away on its own.  Instead Big Pharma pays lobbyists to out it?

I imagine coming up with distilled water in a third world nation is likely more difficult than people coming up with near-pure silver anodes in this country.

I'm sorry to hear you had negative results with it.  It's never failed me in all the years I've used it.  And you are aware there is no property in silver that would cause any type of paralysis, right?

Offline aufin

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 09:37:11 AM »
  Ladies and Gentlemen ....... Colloidal silver DOES work.  I have been making and using my own for years.  Yeah, I drink it, use it topically and use for eyewash - and I'm not anywhere near blue.  If you red about anyone with Argyria also take note of the amount the individual was consuming.   I found one thing not regularly mentioned .... when using to fight colds and flu, it is very helpful to spray a fiine mist into your sinuses since that's one place those nasty bugs live and breed.  Also, don't expect to feel any better right away the same as you would expect when using the over-the-counter "remedies".  Colloidal silver attacks the source, not the symptoms.  CS shortens the time you are sick, not doing anything for instant relief.  My first experience - I knocked out a bout with the flu in 24 hours. 

If anyone wishes to try CS, be absolutely certain the wires used are PURE (.999) silver rods.  Anything less could cause problems due to the metals used to alloy pure (.999) to sterling (.925). 

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2010, 12:21:19 PM »
I am convinced that colloidal silver does not work. When I first heard of it I studied up on it. I bought the store made as well as made my own with a generator. The event that convinced me it was just snake oil was when I treated myself for an ear ache. I wound up with facial paralysis for almost three weeks. That has been over ten years ago. If there were any true medical value it would have been recognized by now and I would have heard about it. Before anyone pops off how it is a conspiracy by the AMA so they can sell expensive drugs instead consider how the third world would embrace colloidal silver if it worked.

It does in fact work, it's just a matter of the specific application. I have absolutely no idea how silver could have affected your facial nerves in such a manner - the biochemistry just isn't there for it to do nerve damage like that.

As far as why it's not "accepted"... well, it is! There's a bazillion bandages now that include silver in the formulation, it's in many anti fungal compositions, and various sivler/sulfur complexes are used for a variety of skin ailments. It's probbably the absolute quickest way to get rid of a sore throat, makes a good sinus rinse, and really helps with things like thrush and ulcers in the mouth. It does not, however, cure cancer, AIDS/HIV, or anything miraculous. It is, however, an absolutely gloroius supportive addition to a treatment regimen, i.e., take it with an antibiotic and you increase the effect, but it is ny no means a replacement for any other therapy, as no one compound can be a "silver bullet". ;-)

Keep in mind I'm speaking of a solution containing not much more than 10-25ppm silver in distilled water. If you used a higher concentration, or it was made with other electrolytes, then I cannot comment regarding what happened to your ear. If you used distilled water, however, I must assume that whatever infection you had in your ear either caused pressure or chemical assault on your trigeminal nerve, which would have caused your lower jaw, upper jaw, lips, and possibly your lower eyelid to go numb/twitch, all on the same side of the head as the ear infection. This is not terribly uncommon with certain middle ear infections, but I'm glad you recovered from it.

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000724&rct=j&sa=X&ei=n96DTOa2I4O0lQfVruGfDg&ved=0CCQQ4wEwAA&q=silvadine&usg=AFQjCNHollDLip2XDbBmxOkiSxYGfO3EUw

http://www.3m.com/product/information/Tegaderm-AG-Mesh-Silver.html

http://www.healthsuperstore.com/p-acticoat-7-4-x-5-silver-dressing-box.htm

among others... so don't let anyone tell you that the FDA, AMA, "Big Pharma", etc. have supressed anything that works. The only problem with many of the applications of straight ionic silver is the open source nature, and therefore the lack of patent protection available - spend millions on clinical trials only to have some other company come and copy your work on the cheap.

Offline Crash

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2011, 11:22:39 PM »
A friend and I make our own with a very simple home made device. The most expensive part is the silver rods themselves. Those can be used over and over though. Here's the directions for a easy home made generator. Personally, I buy the wire and save the silver bullion for trading though.

http://chetday.com/colloidalsilvergenerator.htm

The parts are readily available at Radio Shack and your local pet store except for the silver and that's available through E-bay.

Offline surfrescue

• Prepper
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »
What I want to know is at what price point should I consider hoarding people who use colloidal silver.  Any thoughts on the most cost effective way to harvest them?

Maybe I should move these questions to the "Investing" board.

Offline 4bull

• The Pumpkin Whisperer
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 09:21:51 PM »
we use it for everthing . i buit a generator, great fun to watch it work.
colds, dipper rash, mold, cuts , scratches on pumpkins, it works .
i have offered it to dogs with water avable to them they dirnk the silver first.
when i worked out side all winter i took a shot glass every morning 5 days a week.

Offline cohutt

• non semper erit aestas
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Don't Give Up Your Keys
    • Behind cohutt's Fence
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2011, 04:28:51 AM »
What I want to know is at what price point should I consider hoarding people who use colloidal silver.  Any thoughts on the most cost effective way to harvest them?

Maybe I should move these questions to the "Investing" board.

(This made me laugh)

Thank you

Offline LivingSimple

• Fledgling Prepper
MRSA, superbug and other nasties
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »
New member here and am glad to have found this community.
     I just wanted to make everyone aware of colloidal silver as a treatment for anything bacterial, viral or fungal. It has been used successfully in treating MRSA and many other bacterial infections. The list of success stories is very long and impressive. It can even be used as a water purifier.
     The web site to research this product is http://lifesilver.com/ and various forms of colloidal silver can be purchased here.
     The common objection and misunderstanding is that it will turn you blue. The "blueing" of the skin is only when someone is messing around with silver salts or silver nitrates. These are not colloidal silver. The web site above tells the difference and confirms that it is totally non toxic.

HumeMan

Re: MRSA, superbug and other nasties
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2011, 06:42:20 PM »
I have a problem with a website that is suppose to be my main source of research about a product, also being the website that wants to sell it to me.    :eyebrow:

Offline surfrescue

• Prepper
Re: MRSA, superbug and other nasties
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »
I have a problem with a website that is suppose to be my main source of research about a product, also being the website that wants to sell it to me.    :eyebrow:

+1

Well put.

Offline Kellib

• Survivor
    • homestead101
Re: Colloidal Silver (merged topics)
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »
I completely agree you need to look to more sources for the facts on these things. However I do believe in making and taking my silver! Not every day but when I need it.

Offline chickchoc

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »
I've used the Sovreign Silver brand for several years as a topical treatment for fungus, etc. and as a throat treatment for colds and flu.  I just use a dropperful on each tonsil at least twice a day at the first sign of a "scratchy" throat and the symptoms don't progress.  It's MUCH better than suffering or sucking on Cold-Eeze lozenges.  I like the idea of a nasal application, too.  Good info all around!

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2012, 05:31:24 AM »

I bought some colloidal silver a few years ago. The bottle has an expiration date which is either coming soon or has already passed. Would that mean the stuff is really no longer effective ? Why would that be ? It's not like the silver is going to deteriorate right ? I never opened the bottle. I have two small bottles of it that I bought and they where not cheap.

We have a musical group here in Boston trying to raise awareness of collodial silver:

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2012, 05:45:57 AM »
I heard this on another podcast I listen to.

http://www.quackcast.com/spodcasts/files/3cd583787f0c08f7be1941ea111b8113-35.html

Regarding these quackcasts and sites like quackwatch.org. You can hardly find an herb that they won't poo poo, criticize and laugh at. Which is basically saying none of it really works or is worth pursuing. It seems that they never criticize or question the medical system, pharmaceuticals (or the govt injecting people in places like Guatemala with STDs or other human experiments).

When they say there is no evidence or studies that confirm this or that alt treatment is effective, keep in mind that the people doing the studies are mostly drug companies and studies can be manipulated. It was like Max Gerson who said he had evidence in the 1930's that  a raw food diet was effective against many forms of cancers. They accused him saying he refused to publish his findings in their medical journals, but in reality it was they themselves who would not allow him to publish his studies because they controlled the journals, so it was all smoke and mirrors.

If this means that it is hard to tell for sure what is really effective, I blame the medical establishment directly for much of that state of affairs.

That podcast also poo pooed ancient knowledge, although in Egypt they are able to embalm people and through acupuncture people can have operations and feel no pain.  They point out that bleeding was done in the ancient world, however Nostradamus was a doctor and he treated plague victims and never used bleeding as a method so what we know about those sorts of things seems sketchy.  He apparently had a pretty good success rate.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:57:17 AM by surfivor »

Offline 4bull

• The Pumpkin Whisperer
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2012, 08:04:46 AM »
Damn, poopa smurf , sure screwed up the PR for a product that works ...
We use Colloidal Silver for everything.
I buildt my own generator , i was tire of my girls being sick at day cair and prschool.

Surfivor, if its been kept out of the sun and unopened , its still good....
Taste it, if it tastes like burn metal its fine...

Offline Romster

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »
I'm sorry if this is off topic but would adding a silver piece of metal to your drinking container and filling it with distiller water have any effect on the water if given enough time? Is electrolysis the only way to split the silver off into the water or can it be done passively over time?

Thanks!