Author Topic: SEMIER Cs106 AM/FM /SW radio USB cord and 2 x AA power BUDGET FIND $10  (Read 786 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
  This deck of cards size radio has good audio and fair reception for a radio of its size  plus the back-lighted digital display is way ahead of where a $10 radio I see on the market. The 50 to 88 MHZ FM will cover the 6 meter HAM band PLUS my radio also has 174 to 222 MHZ fm band for listening to ????. I may add more but wanted to highlight this BUDGET BARGAIN while the price is right...it works ,looks and feels well constructed and has a clock built in...I think the USB will charge AA rechargable cells as it indicated 200 Ma when connect at first ...but my AA cells were already charged...will know more after I run down the batteries a bit and try USB again later

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWDHD79/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  Let me add that this is a pocket radio and the speaker is fair for personal,not room filling audio as the quality is OK for talk radio and news but MUSIC only sounds good with headphones (not supplied) through the earphone plug.The FM is proving to be sensitive and even pretty selective on stations that are tough to receive with other radios as this room has several computers and lots of stray RF to interfere with lesser radios.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:24:25 AM by Carl »

Offline SCWolverine

• Survivalist Mentor
Now there's a Cheap Radio I can get excited about!  ;) Thanks Carl, mine is due here on Saturday.....

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
Thanks Carl....
Gotta love Amazon, it's up to 11.99

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  More info: It will not ,or says it will not,charge batteries within the radio. The 'extra' FM bands were for old VHF TV channels 2 thru 12 but can hear some activity on them. I get about 40 hours 'play' time out of two AA batteries...and the earphone plug is STEREO.