Author Topic: Modern Survivalist Focus  (Read 51563 times)

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Modern Survivalist Focus
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »
+1 CH, great post.  I need to take it to heart myself.

Offline Zip

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2012, 08:58:31 AM »
Doctrine does not matter, affiliation does not matter, race does not matter, preference does not matter. We are modern survivalists and we help each other grow.

Excellent post CH.  I have learned so much from the members of this forum and the podcasts.  One of the more eyeopening aspects of prepping that I have learned is summarized in the quote above.  Before I found this forum and the podcasts I was like many of the ignorant non-preppers and assumed that all survivalists were preparing for that day that they would sequester themselves in some remote part of the nation away from everyone else and become a lone wolf.  I now understand the true value of being prepared and how much we as a community can do together.

Thanks again

Offline Big_Al

• Senior Survivalist
  • Don't look now, but here comes trouble
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2013, 06:28:44 PM »
This is singularly the best post ever! 

Offline Ron Hayes

• Prepper
  • Recovering Liberal
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2014, 12:39:31 PM »
Thank you for this,

This is spot on!

Offline 4bull

• The Pumpkin Whisperer
  • Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2014, 11:15:07 PM »
Focus, some times things and skills pile up fast, but then the  kids are growing up on me faster and that changes everything all at once, some times every day . But in the last year I have had close friends sicken and die , Big time preppers , you know eat right work hard ).  I was ask to find and report his death, he took his own life (that put me in one hell of a place) . He just couldn't take it any more and I understood . So I look like I have the 1000 yard stare but damn I'm watching ever thing all at once all the time. Wondering what's going to brake , fall apart or Die . I still scan for snipers and IED's while driving , and I am thankful for every hot shower I get and still I wonder if it could be my last, ever time I take one , daily. I teach my family to Use things up and wear them out ,then find a new use for them. So think about the end of life too, yours , family and friends.
  The word Focus , seams so funny to me , unless I am shooting , I don't think I have been able to  focus in 30 years.

Offline soupbone

• Once made a pun out of "Mephistopheles"
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • If you think you're close enough - get closer.
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »
Good to hear from you again, my friend, wish it were under more pleasant circumstances. And thanks for bringing this thread up again.

"I am thankful for every hot shower I get and still I wonder if it could be my last, ever time I take one , daily. I teach my family to Use things up and wear them out ,then find a new use for them. So think about the end of life too, yours , family and friends."

I understand how you feel - happened to me about 4 years ago with a bad heart attack. You look at life differently after an experience like that. You realize just how fragile life is you are, and appreciate every day as a new, and possibly your last, adventure.

I've learned that things don't matter - whatever things you leave behind will eventually break, wear out, become illegal, get lost, whatever, but the memories, thoughts, attitudes and ideals you instill in your children and grandchildren will go on forever. It is my fondest wish that on one future day, when my grand-kids are walking in the woods with their grand-kids, they'll stop, turn over a rotten log and ask them, "What do you see?" And then proceed to tell them about this crazy old man who did the same thing with them so many years ago. And how we got into an algae fight way up a river, looking for the place a famous fossil came out of the ground at. 

You still scan? I've gotten back into that habit, only now it's for a different reason. I've taken to carrying a camera with me constantly - just a small point-and-shoot, nothing fancy. I've turned that ability to spot the unusual or out of place into something positive, seeing light and patterns, colors and textures, that are invisible to most folks, and I take a picture of it. I try to turn something ugly into something beautiful.  You may want to try that - good, cheap therapy.

It's nice to see you back, and remember, we're here for you.

soup

Offline Oakie

• Prepper
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2015, 10:25:25 AM »
victory1 :-[

Survival List.

Great list! +1
Thanks for sharing here.