Author Topic: Stories of uncumcumsized men  (Read 880 times)

Offline The Morgan Hill Homesteading Project

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Stories of uncumcumsized men
« on: September 04, 2018, 11:38:26 AM »
In had a debate going in through my head as to where to post this thread, so here it go’s.

There this women that I like, and she likes me, there is this one dealbreaker that  I have with her after we disused all of them. I will not have my child circumcised. This is non negotiable.

I was wondering if there are some men on this forum that can tell me about their choice not get their children circumcised. I was wondering if you could tell me about what your life is like too.

I am in the process of compiling my own rearch as to why this should not be done. If you would prefer to pm me about this that would be fine too.

Thank you

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Stories of uncumcumsized men
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 09:13:15 AM »
I think this has nothing to do with the modern world. I mean it being a custom/religion driven, was just a pretext for a functional reason  of. Just like fasting.
I assume that the bygone eras it was hard to keep this enclosed region of the genitals clean with what little water existed in the desert environment of the Jewish and Arab areas.
but today?
Over here in Greece we do not, unless it is for medical reasons.
So if you are looking for an argument, check with a doctor for any benefits for, or against.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 06:25:40 AM »
  Cleanliness is about  the only solid argument for circumcision and also ,I hear,that sex is more intense for the non circumcised male...as long as proper hygiene is followed ,I see little reason to have this done.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 07:10:27 AM »
Here is some info. I found:

Some older boys and men need to have a circumcision due to medical problems such as: Scarring of the foreskin that stops it from retracting (phimosis) Recurring inflammation or infections of the penis (balanitis or lichen sclerosis) A foreskin that is too tight and causes pain or spraying when urinating.

Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. However, boys with uncircumcised penises can be taught to wash regularly beneath the foreskin. Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The risk of urinary tract infections in males is low, but these infections are more common in uncircumcised males.

A reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases in men. Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners. Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).

According to a study published in Adult Urology, men who got a circumcision as adults lasted significantly longer than their uncircumcised counterparts. The ejaculation time is usually longer as circumcision during adulthood decreases the penis' sensitivity.

Disadvantages: Reduced sensitivity - an uncircumcised penis is more sensitive than a circumcised penis, meaning that circumcised men may experience less pleasure during sex. potential complications of circumcision - such as excessive bleeding and post-operative infection.

Another article you may find of interest: https://matthewtontonoz.com/2015/01/05/why-is-circumcision-so-popular-in-america/

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 07:20:11 AM »
  I was circumcised at birth and there is one other disadvantage I can remember ,it hurt a lot!, So much it was nearly two years before I could walk..... :o

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 07:50:53 AM »
Seems like a violation of the Hippocratic Oath to me. "I'm going to perform unnecessary surgery without anesthesia on a newborn's most sensitive skin".

We had a girl but if we had a boy, NO WAY. Five minutes of research on Google will disabuse any rational person of this outdated barbaric ritual.

When we had our birthing class they brought up circumcision and I laughingly joked about "really helping the boys" by castrating them and thereby preventing testicular cancer. It was an awkward moment and I got the dagger eyes from the Mrs. but the doctor in charge caught up with me at lunch and quietly under her breath told me "we all think like you".

There is no other part of the body where "preventative surgery" is performed. We don't cure breast cancer by giving every 18 year old a double mastectomy. The idea of taking a scalpel to a healthy baby is creepy enough.

Offline bigbear

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 08:37:50 AM »
IMO, it's not on my list of non-negotiable items when going through life with a loved one.  Save the "battle" for the plethora of other hills in which to stand your ground on. 

Offline alexlindsay

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »
I'm not, the kid's not and we're both fine. Cutting off a part of your body because it could have a problem in the future is absurd, although if more social justice warriors had been decapitated as children maybe we'd be better off.

Offline scoop

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 07:38:08 PM »
Seems like a violation of the Hippocratic Oath to me.

If doctors cared about this oath, they would not perform abortions.

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 08:27:24 PM »
If doctors cared about this oath, they would not perform abortions.
Excellent. This thread was not nearly touchy and odd enough. The addition of abortion is just what it needed.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 11:34:42 PM »
My male child was not circumscribed, due to it being unnecessary surgery.  everyone I know well enough to have talked about it, same decision was made.  The only argument left, in this area, at that time, were a few parents who felt the baby should be cut so he would "look like his dad" . This never seemed to be a very good argument then, and doesnt seem any better now. It has become uncommon enough that the "look different than the other boys in the locker room"  might now be more of an argument of why to not have it done than to do it.  Nobody was making any medical arguments about it, not in any serious way, in my time of parenthood. 

Maybe you could tell her it is fine if she does it herself...... no matter how it sounds to her now, I cant imagine a woman taking the knife to her newborn herself once the baby was in her arms. 

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2018, 09:07:30 AM »
Excellent. This thread was not nearly touchy and odd enough. The addition of abortion is just what it needed.

Yeah, we're done.  Thread locked.