Author Topic: The Window is about to CLOSE. Get your guns and ammo NOW.  (Read 35003 times)

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
Re: The Window is about to CLOSE. Get your guns and ammo NOW.
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »

Wow. Poke something under that window.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »
Here is Trudeau saying his gun registration scheme would stop shootings and would never lead to gun confiscation:

https://twitter.com/walid_horus/status/1256346916339712001

Here is Trudeau confiscating firearms from honest gunowners after his gun registration and anti-carry scheme backfired leading to a mass death shooting..

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/415664/canada-bans-assault-weapons-following-nova-scotia-massacre
Canada bans assault weapons following Nova Scotia massacre

New rules would make it illegal to sell, transport, import or use 1500 varieties of assault weapons.

The ban is effective immediately but there will be a two-year amnesty period for law-abiding gun owners to comply.

Trudeau also said he would introduce legislation, which has yet to pass, to offer a buy-back programme.

Unlike the US, gun ownership is not enshrined in Canada's constitution, but gun ownership is still popular, especially in rural parts of the country.

Trudeau made a point of saying that most gun owners are law-abiding citizens, but argued that assault-weapons serve no beneficial purpose.

"These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only - only to kill the largest amount of people in the shortest amount of time," he said in a press conference today.

"You don't need an AR-15 to bring down a deer."

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2020, 06:23:07 PM »
Very positive trend.  Went to my favorite shop last Thursday and inventory was thinest I had ever seen.  Cant imagine what it looks like today.

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/three-months-6-million-guns-sold/
Three Months, 6 Million Guns Sold
May marks third consecutive month of record-setting gun sales

"Our recent survey of firearm retailers shows us that 40 percent of these gun buyers are buying a firearm for the first time," Mark Oliva, a spokesman for the group, said in a statement. "Of those first-time gun owners, 40 percent are women and these buyers are overwhelmingly purchasing handguns for personal protection."

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2020, 06:29:10 PM »
Yes indeed, with a heads up that the rioters are heading for the burbs, first time gun owners are emptying the shelves.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2020, 09:08:28 PM »
2 to 4 hour long lines to buy firearms in Long Island.

https://twitter.com/clarionproject/status/1267832888713555968?s=19

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2020, 06:51:14 AM »

Wow. Probably all shops are busy.

Offline armymars

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2020, 08:52:01 AM »
Love it. Maybe the Dems will change their tune on guns to keep their base.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2020, 09:08:02 AM »
The window is closing: West Palm Beach Mayor Bans Guns, Ammo Sales in Response to Rioters
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/03/west-palm-beach-mayor-bans-guns-ammo-sales-in-response-to-rioters/

Offline nkawtg

• Prepper
  • Returning TSP Forum member
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2020, 09:11:09 AM »
Limited choice of weapons, lots of bare shelves.
Ammo availability is scarce.
Long wait for background check.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2020, 10:23:20 AM »
The window is closing: West Palm Beach Mayor Bans Guns, Ammo Sales in Response to Rioters
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/03/west-palm-beach-mayor-bans-guns-ammo-sales-in-response-to-rioters/

Talk about making yourself irrelevant.  No one in their right mind is going to obey this unconstitutional order. 

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2020, 01:31:44 PM »
restriction of gun sales can happen depending on how the state does the background checks for gun sales.

I have seen a local forum indicate periodic 1 - 2 day waits for background checks about 10 days ago.

I have also seen some of the real small gun stores stock be about cleared out.  One of the largest independent gun stores in the state did have good stock on hand and ammo.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2020, 02:13:55 PM »

The mayor declared the state of emergency, but the city claims that Florida state law requires a gun ban during a state of emergency so it's not the mayor's fault.

6/1/20: Amended Declaration of State of Local Emergency (Civil Unrest)

6/3/20: RUMOR PATROL: Firearms During a State of Emergency

Reads like a memo from Dept of Buck-Passing.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2020, 04:21:05 PM »
Well I went to Fleet Farm today and they were cleaned out. As in they had no guns and no ammo beside the vast stock of #8 shotgun shells for sporting. That kind of fits with the seasonality here.

I do have to wonder though... No guns? Does that mean non-gun-owners are showing up and buying whatever's left? Are people going in and buying the last choice of .454 Casull or .460 Rowland just to "have a gun"?

I'm comfortable with gun people having opinions on 9mm, .40, .45, Glock, Springfield, S&W, CZ, Sig, H&K, and all that crap. And I'll confess I love S&W J frame revolvers and Ruger compacts but empty shelves means somebody walked out with a .500 magnum. I'm well aware that my snubbies and .338 Lapua rifle are the tools of the experienced shooter and I might at some point go to a .50 BMG or the always sexy S&W .460 XVR but these are guns that the uninitiated should run from.

I'm a little nervous this panic has put firearms meant for bear protection in the hands of suburban people who don't know better. My gun club is trying to step up training so safety and familiarity are paramount but it still looks really ugly. I'm sure there's some guy who went home with a 3.5" magnum shotgun and a .22 Hornet revolver and has no idea the purpose of each. We really need to be providing the skillset to keep people safe with these new guns.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2020, 05:39:58 PM »
I expect a lot of new-in-the-box guns on the market, if we ever get back to normal.

What's normal........hmmm

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #225 on: June 05, 2020, 08:39:04 PM »
Well I went to Fleet Farm today and they were cleaned out. As in they had no guns and no ammo beside the vast stock of #8 shotgun shells for sporting. That kind of fits with the seasonality here.

I do have to wonder though... No guns? Does that mean non-gun-owners are showing up and buying whatever's left? Are people going in and buying the last choice of .454 Casull or .460 Rowland just to "have a gun"?

My guess is that stores are pulling them off the shelf either to slow things down or to avoid loss through looting.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #226 on: June 07, 2020, 09:28:28 PM »
Ammo prices are going stratospheric.  Looks like retailers are raising prices to avoid being completely wiped out.

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2020, 09:51:48 PM »
The local Fleet Farm to us is boarded up so no idea what it looks like right now. When I was in there last though they were running out of all the popular rounds.

I would say now is the time to clear out what extra stock you might have in that weird caliber. But with the way things are going you might do better to keep it.

Crazy times.. we are in them.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2020, 01:26:59 PM »
Ammo is disappearing everywhere.  Supplies are now tighter than the previous "ammogeddon".  In many areas basic 9mm is going for 75 cents/round.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2020, 02:33:03 PM »
Sure glad I got mine several years back.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2020, 05:01:13 PM »
Sure glad I got mine several years back.

Me, too.  So very glad.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #231 on: June 25, 2020, 07:14:06 AM »
yep.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2020, 07:19:01 AM »
Window is stuck shut in Maryland and it looks like they are going to take their sweet time in fixing it.  Indefinite timeline is stated so it could be weeks, months or even years before it is brought back online, if ever. 

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/maryland-handgun-background-check-system-crashes-leaving-gun-buyers-in-limbo/amp/
Maryland Handgun Background Check System Crashes, Leaving Gun Buyers in Limbo

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2020, 07:48:07 AM »

How convenient 

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2020, 07:51:45 PM »
Excerpt from email from SG Ammo confirming the demand.  I have found them to be straight shooters so this probably isnt hyperbole.

Notice: We are dealing with extremely high order volume and we are working very hard to keep shipping times reasonable while also maintaining quality packaging and accurate order fulfillment, however a hard spike in demand has us running behind. Orders placed at this time are expected to take up to 5 to 10 days to ship from the time they are placed or as scheduled in the red text at the top of the website pages.

Below is a list of bulk ammo options that are in stock today, many in high demand key calibers that have become difficult to get recently. As mentioned in my recent newsletters a lot has changed in the ammo business over the past few months as the Covid-19 outbreak followed by civil unrest created the largest rush to purchase ammo in all of history. This has wiped out supply stockpiles and driven prices up substantially from the 12 year bottom they hit in 2019 and early 2020. All things considered, I believe we still have some decent deals in stock, admittedly not as good as they were in 2019, but still reasonable in today's market. If you are sitting on large quantities of ammo it might be wise to sit it out for a while but if you are short in supply it might be a good idea to get a few cases before availability gets worse. We thank you for your support of our family owned and operated business and will do our best to serve our clients well in these strange times, so please stay subscribed for future SGAmmo newsletters. If you have some spare time please take a few minutes and look over the online catalog at www.SGAmmo.com