Author Topic: advice on modification and growing duck  (Read 250 times)

Offline The Morgan Hill Homesteading Project

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
advice on modification and growing duck
« on: May 06, 2019, 10:17:17 PM »
Hello

I have a total of 6 of these containers, I am using 5 oth them at this time and would consider adding the sixth one in if it was not catching quail poop.

https://heavygardens.com/active-aqua-100-gal-reservoir-53-x53-x13.html?fee=15&fep=8402&utm_source=google-feed&utm_medium=shopping%20feed&utm_campaign=SCFeed&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o2&scid=scplpHGRES100B&sc_intid=HGRES100B&gclid=CjwKCAjw8LTmBRBCEiwAbhh-6CKa5I8t1nyjStl_1Bor_7LQYSNarrAGEo9ltMeqEKASHfgOFO9qRRoC9JQQAvD_BwE

I am doing a ladder system, putting them on top of wooden pallet that I got for free from a farm that I worked at. I am going to drill a 1 inch hole at the bottom  along a flat peirce of the tank so I put a 3 inch long sch 80 nipple on it so I can drain it out safely. 8.34x 100 =834 pounds.

I sent the the website lisen above the following email.

Hello

a freind of mine gave me 6 of these totes. I want to drill a 1 inch hole in the tote to put a 1 inch sch 80 nipple in  it so I can drain the system safly if I have to.

I have sleced this expoy from my local ace hardware store. the associate asked me if I was going to use it for drinking water and I said no. after think about I will be using this system for food so i would rather not have any toxins in the water if at all possible.

please be specific, what kind of plastic are these totes made out of?  I need this information when selecting my epoxy because it has to bond to PVC.

please see attached photos.

thank you

I am wondering how much duck weed I can grow in one of these totes this size. the water would be spring water util the sprig starts going dry then maybe creek water.

Offline The Morgan Hill Homesteading Project

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member