Author Topic: Backwoods Home PRINT Magazine Returning?!  (Read 392 times)

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Backwoods Home PRINT Magazine Returning?!
« on: October 29, 2018, 06:08:42 PM »
Just got in email. Can it be true?

----------------------------------------------------------
BHM is Back in Print!
Backwoods Home Magazine is about to become a print magazine again after a one-year hiatus as a digital-only publication.

You've missed the magazine and we've missed you. This is the cover of the next print issue, painted by longtime BHM artist Don Childers. We hope you will subscribe again.

Dave's Announcement
Backwoods Home Magazine is about to become a print magazine again after a one-year hiatus as a digital-only publication. The person who is making this possible is my son, Sam Duffy, who will assume the role of publisher, a job I have had since founding BHM 29 years ago. The magazine’s content will remain unchanged.

Sam is 23, compared to my 74 years, so is more in touch with the new technologies that have so dramatically altered the publishing landscape. He is also about to take a business degree from Oregon State University, and his primary project for the last year has been running his own print magazine, Self-Reliance, and restarting Backwoods Home Magazine as a print publication.

Both Backwoods Home Magazine and Self-Reliance will now be jointly owned by Sam and my daughter, Annie Tuttle, who own the umbrella company, Self-Reliance Publications. Annie is the current managing editor of Self-Reliance, the former managing editor of BHM, and someone who longtime subscribers have seen grow up in the pages of BHM. Like Self-Reliance, BHM will be published four times a year.

I am delighted that my children will carry on my legacy. I will continue writing the “My View” column at the front of the magazine. All of our key writers will remain, from Jackie Clay-Atkinson, John Silveira, and Massad Ayoob to Jeff Yago, Patrice Lewis, and Linda Gabris. Jessie Denning, BHM’s managing editor, will stay at the editorial helm, and I will continue to guide the overall editorial content.

Three cheers for the rebirth of Backwoods Home Magazine as a print magazine! May it enjoy another 29 years. I hope you will subscribe. – Dave Duffy

Note: With the re-release of BHM, our phone lines may be tied up for a few days with the influx of calls. You can subscribe online via the button below or by mailing your payment to:

Self-Reliance
PO Box 308
Philomath, OR 97370

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
Re: Backwoods Home PRINT Magazine Returning?!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 07:44:10 PM »
Appears so: http://www.backwoodshome.com/backwoods-home-magazine-to-be-published-in-print-again/
Essentially the same text you posted I4L at the link, but there it is!  Also there's a subscribe button, etc.

Yes, I think it is true.

Offline DDJ

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 10:34:32 AM »
My wife got a notice at home yesterday. 

The question we have as we are writing the check is will it be a 12 issues a year or just quarterly?

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 10:37:48 AM »
The question we have as we are writing the check is will it be a 12 issues a year or just quarterly?

Quarterly.  The cover  has three months listed (Nov/Dec/Jan 2019).

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 05:36:55 PM »
I was amazed when I got the email... Not sure I want to support them after they dumped us.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »
 8)

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 07:16:37 PM »
I was ready to re-subscribe to the print edition, but then the kindle edition auto-downloaded and honestly... I really prefer it over paper.  And somehow that just feels all wrong, but I don't think I'm going back to paper.