Author Topic: US has signiificantly lower rate of mass shootings than many other countries  (Read 642 times)

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member

Offline antsyaunt

• Survivalist Mentor
Definitely.  Thanks for posting.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
Yes, thanks for posting that video.  It's one to bookmark and send out as needed.

I think that Lankford will soon be gone from U. of Alabama.  Remember Michael Bellesiles, formerly of Emory and the controversy over his book Arming America?  It's been a few years so here's the Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arming_America
I just did a search on Bellesiles, and the most recent news about what the guy is currently up to is this 2012 piece: Bartender, Writer, History Buff.  Now there's nothing wrong and everything good with those three descriptions, but being called a history buff is not the same as being a nationally known researcher at a prestigious university.

Academic fraud at this scale will trash a career.  Lankford had better get ready for a year of inquisition followed by looking for a low-key job.  Good riddance.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
I'm always the "bad data" guy. But how does one release a study without publishing methodology? Calling this "academic malpractice" is the understatement of the century. How does this pass peer review to be published?

Adam Carolla has this old bit about 'are you stupid or lying?'

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
I'm always the "bad data" guy. But how does one release a study without publishing methodology? Calling this "academic malpractice" is the understatement of the century. How does this pass peer review to be published?

Just like this: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/arts/academic-journals-hoax.html
OK, there was no statistical data in any of those papers or journals.  Still, their point is made: people don't want facts, they want confirmation and feel-good.