Author Topic: Am I the only one who knows what a quarantine is?  (Read 853 times)

Offline BillyS

• Survivalist Mentor
  • TSP Forum member
    • Scarydad
Am I the only one who knows what a quarantine is?
« on: March 10, 2020, 09:30:32 PM »
My brother in law is in a precautionary self-quarantine after traveling for business. He wasn't in a hot spot and is probably OK, but he's in quarantine nonetheless. We were supposed to watch my niece this weekend while they went to an event, then (via text) she mentioned the quarantine.

Me: So, he's in quarantine and yall are still going out?
She: Well, it's just the precaution for work so he's probably ok.
Me: Probably so but that's why quarantines were invented and a lot of people are getting sick because people who thought they were ok skipped quarantine and went to places they shouldn't have.

So, now she's mad at me for bailing on her. The world is a strange and stupid place, guys.  ::)

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Am I the only one who knows what a quarantine is?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 09:38:32 PM »
My sympathies, I am afflicted with a similar idiocy that's present in my family and inlaws. 

Offline suzysurvivor

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 12:55:53 PM »
i was outraged when the jerk from Ladue MO decided *he* didn't need to quarantine and attended the school dance.   But my dh is from that neighborhood and it's full of very affluent entitled a-holes so I'm not surprised.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 06:49:07 PM »
i was outraged when the jerk from Ladue MO decided *he* didn't need to quarantine and attended the school dance.   But my dh is from that neighborhood and it's full of very affluent entitled a-holes so I'm not surprised.
Yes. I heard about that.

Offline suzysurvivor

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 12:51:34 PM »
got in a virtual knock-down dragout online yesterday because these stupid b*tches kept posting photos of the great 'bargains' they found while out craft shopping.

Seriously?  How totally stupid can you be?
This 'I do what I want' entitled mentality will keep this pandemic raging for a long time because...yes, apparently, you ARE the only one who knows what quarantine means.  Good Lord, people are stupid.