Author Topic: Ridge Wallet  (Read 155 times)

Online David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
Ridge Wallet
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:48:14 AM »
My wallet tore just as I was listening to a commercial for the Ridge Wallet. So I bought one.

https://www.ridgewallet.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt7ai5IG54AIVhEJpCh08pgpoEAAYASAAEgJNNfD_BwE

It's a little on the tacticool wavelength and I got a carbon fiber model. It's ultra minimalist and only holds something like 12 cards.

Pros:

It's really light. And it forces me not to stuff crap in my wallet. I always swore I wouldn't be like my dad with all manner of junk in my wallet but in sorting through the old one I had coupons that expired years ago and gift cards to restaurants no longer in business. It also blocks RFID if that's a concern. It took time getting used to a wallet in my front pocket but I do feel more comfortable sitting. And it forced me to reevaluate my EDC. I don't need my pistol range card all the time, I can leave that in my range bag. Things like that.

Cons:

$100... a little rich. Beyond that it's not easy to use. If I was the guy who used stuff in his wallet all the time this would not be the product for me.

Conclusions:

If you're looking for an eye catching minimalist wallet with RFID security this could work. I actually like the front pocket carry (more secure) and it's great for carry in shorts that really don't have space for a traditional wallet. Also really great for people like me who basically use cash and one credit card for everything. Really handy for a night on the town or fitting in a breast pocket. And while spendy I had my last wallet for 25 years. Perhaps the best part is the minimalism. I EDC so much crap already dragging around a bulky wallet was awful.

Offline Redman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Lost in the 50's
Re: Ridge Wallet
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 08:56:24 AM »
Yeah a bit spendy. Some models for $72.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
Re: Ridge Wallet
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 07:10:11 PM »
There's been so much hype on the ridge wallet that I'd never be able to get one.  I just hate hype.  Looks like a great wallet, but...  $100???

I've been carrying one of these for just over a year and really like it.

And it's just under $20. 
FIDELO Carbon Fiber Minimalist Wallet