Author Topic: Need software help  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Dirk Pitt

• Prepper
Need software help
« on: March 25, 2019, 01:11:03 AM »
I need the CHIRP program (at least that is what I have been told) for my Baofeng radio, I have the cable and Radio just need the software. I don’t know where to get that software.

Any my help would be appreciated.

Offline evh

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Need software help
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 04:31:55 AM »

Offline Dirk Pitt

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 11:12:31 AM »
Thank you

Offline Dirk Pitt

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 10:53:26 PM »
Got the radios BF-F8HP
Got the cable
Got the CHIRP software installed
Got the software to work (well most of it)
Got the info from the repeater book for a local repeater
And this is where my “gots” stop.

So I have two Identical radios both with identical cloning they both can hit the repeater but I can’t hear myself on the other radio I’m really scratching my head on this one.

Also in the software I found all the great NOAA information  and I said great I can put all this on my radio but the upload button is grayed out I don’t understand ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated  because I am stuck.

Offline xsquidgator

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 01:39:49 PM »
I used CHIRP for a while but had constant trouble with being able to consistently connect with my several Baofeng radios.  I don't know if you're having the exact same problem I was experiencing but you're not at all the first person who had difficulty using CHIRP with a Baofeng.  I had read that causes for these troubles include counterfeit Chinese chipsets in the USB connecting cable, firmware variations from one Baofeng radio to the next (even within the same exact model), and other things like this.

After biting the bullet and just paying a bit more for the RT Systems cable and software ("a bit more" compared to the chinesium USB cable and freeware CHIRP I had been using), these troubles are over.  It just works, no drama just connect it up follow the instructions and it has always worked the way it should since then.
https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/

Offline BillFoster

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »
I too had difficulty programming my BF’s. A friend of mine programmed my 3 BF’s in a few minutes with Chirp. My cable is a “prolific” cable. He said those are troublesome and the Baofeng cables work every time. Mine was the 3rd of our group with the same problem that he was able to correct.

Offline kid_couteau

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 06:50:32 AM »
I bought the better cable and use Chirp
No issues

Offline Woodsy

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 09:09:37 PM »
Yes, with all the low cost Chinese radios the cable is responsible for the majority of the problems people encounter.  Pay the extra $5-10 for a Baofeng or TYT branded cable from a reputable seller.  You'll be glad you did. 
If you need a little help with the programming there are plenty of tutorials online.  You're BF8-HP actually has some pretty nice features for a $50 radio.