Author Topic: handcuffs or restraints?  (Read 10922 times)

Offline Gamer

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: handcuffs or restraints?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2019, 05:17:12 PM »
..I really can't see the need to restrain someone..

Agreed, especially in the case of a burglar or attacker, as it'd be far simpler just to put a few slugs into him, because survival is no pussyfooting game and the slightest hesitation could mean you and your family end up in the cemetery..:)

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2019, 06:46:35 PM »
Agreed, especially in the case of a burglar or attacker, as it'd be far simpler just to put a few slugs into him, because survival is no pussyfooting game and the slightest hesitation could mean you and your family end up in the cemetery..:)

Ok, so, there are multiple attackers in your home.  You shoot them but they don't die (awfully inconsiderate of them).   The problem is, they're in different rooms. 

Zip tying their hands is probably preferable to just popping them in the head. 

It might keep you from sharing a cell with a hairy-backed guy nicknamed "Sweet Meat," too.

Not good enough?

How about you being at the mall during a multiple active shooter scenario. You drop one and there are several others between you and the exit.  Same situation.  You didn't kill the first shooter, hell, maybe they're even still somewhat mobile.  Do you just run out, leaving them behind you and still mobile/alive?  Or do you zip tie them to prevent them from further action until you get out?

Take either scenario and, instead of your awesome shooting skills incapacitating the Bad Guy, let's say you point your weapon at them and they surrender.  Are you just going to make them drop their guns and shoo them away?  Take their word that they're going to give up their dastardly ways? 

If you can't think of any scenarios, you're simply not thinking hard enough.

The Professor

Offline Gamer

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2019, 04:14:40 AM »

Ok, so, there are multiple attackers in your home.  You shoot them but they don't die (awfully inconsiderate of them).   The problem is, they're in different rooms. 
Zip tying their hands is probably preferable to just popping them in the head... 
The Professor

You mixed up my quote with yours mate.
I kill people on a daily basis in the Armed Assault III multiplayer online game against human players and if there's the slightest hesitation you're dead meat because they'll shoot you on sight the instant they see you, so you ALWAYS have to get the first shot in within the first split second.
Same applies to real life, hesitate and you're dead, and if we're a family man it's our DUTY as a husband and father to start blasting mercilessly to protect them.
Here's me in action in AA III, I'm - ahem - Elite level 102, and I tell my squad members-
"Never fear to use overwhelmingly massive firepower; let the fear be your enemies"..:)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 04:20:38 AM by Gamer »

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2019, 03:30:21 PM »
You mixed up my quote with yours mate.
I kill people on a daily basis in the Armed Assault III multiplayer online game against human players and if there's the slightest hesitation you're dead meat because they'll shoot you on sight the instant they see you, so you ALWAYS have to get the first shot in within the first split second.
Same applies to real life, hesitate and you're dead, and if we're a family man it's our DUTY as a husband and father to start blasting mercilessly to protect them.
Here's me in action in AA III, I'm - ahem - Elite level 102, and I tell my squad members-
"Never fear to use overwhelmingly massive firepower; let the fear be your enemies"..:)

Well. . .there you go.

The Professor