Author Topic: Exwuisite Greek Salad video  (Read 283 times)

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Exwuisite Greek Salad video
« on: April 14, 2019, 01:15:48 PM »
Some product plscement there is nevertheless it id a goo representation of.
It lists 12 secrets for a superior result of which three of them are related.
Olive Oil, oregano and tip #12.
Enjoy
https://youtu.be/1Y1ZUMstGpg

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Exwuisite Greek Salad video
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »
I've done variations before and the parsley really is king. This salad with a loaf of bread, grilled fish, and a deep pour of sauvignan blanc sound like paradise to me. My wife likes a version of this with added salami. She likes the added greasy fatty meat. I also rub the serving dish with a sliced garlic clove whenever I make a salad.

We do all our Greek cooking in the height of summer fresh from the garden. Like most Mediterranean cuisines you just can't use anything but the best in-season produce.

Great tips, thanks for sharing! Makes me hungry for summer and the return of my favorite Greek dishes!

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 11:17:14 PM »
It so happened that yesterday i had my first Greek salad for the season.
Indeed freshly cut off the the garden is supreme especially on the right temperature.
Its kiling the tomato taste if one eats it in fridge temperature

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 06:31:23 AM »
My husband will not eat anything with raw onion (even cooked onion is a recent thing for him), so my greek salads do not have onions.  But I am going to try making the suggestions in the video for my next salad.

I was watching it, and 2 of my kids came over and watched it with me.  We all decided that we were hungry after, and not for the dinner my other son had made. LOL

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 04:04:01 AM »
Glad you liked it.
If it the onions taste and the aftereffects a cosideration,  how about chopping them and wshing them with running water?
It is a belief thst their taste and smell "sweetens".
Or adding diced leaf part of spring onions.

Btw,  has anyone tried diced spring onions in lots of salami pizza?

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 11:46:30 AM »
For anti-onion people I find shallot is the happy middle ground.

Diced spring onion and salami pizza no. But I have done heavily caramelized onion in balsamic vinegar with salami, fresh tomato, and goat cheese.

I have something like 5 books on making pizza. Buy the key one must remember is that you can't always replicate everything. Just to get the wheels running you don't have the same oven, same tomato, same onion.

My mother vacations on one of the Greek islands and every day is the same. Swimming, boating, hiking. And every dinner is the same (as prepared by the owner): fresh fish, fresh bread, and whatever the garden yields. She says he is the best cook in the world.

Offline CarbideAndIron

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Steve
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 05:52:54 AM »
Thanks for sharing that, now I am definitely in need of a Greek salad. There is a place called Pegasus, on Alki beach in Seattle that not only has the best pizza I've ever had, but the Greek salad there is nothing short of amazing. I don't go to cities, but I make a trip out there if I'm near. Just like in the video, they chop everything really well, so you get sooo much flavor in every bite. They put some heavy cream or something in their dressing too, it's just a little different from every other Greek salad I've tried.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 09:25:52 AM »
Yes thanks for the video.  I'm inspired to work on my late spring gardening.

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 02:12:39 AM »
David,
I found the soring onion trick in a GYROS pizza someone made for me.  If you, ll try them put them Under the cheese.

CarbideAndIron, 
I would say the cream was a kind of cream cheese dilutec eith domething like yogurt.