Author Topic: Does anyone have access to the consumerreports site and their review on grills?  (Read 542 times)

Offline supes

• Survivor
    • Sweet green bay senior pictures
Or maybe recommend another site that has actually done tests with a bunch of grills?

I used to be a member to their online site for reviews but I just don't purchase big ticket items often enough to justify the yearly cost. However I'm looking for a new gas grill as mine is falling apart and it's been a pain in the butt finding reviews for grills that aren't just some guy saying "hey it works for me." Even a screenshot of the top ones they recommend in the 300-1000 dollar range would be an amazing start! Thank you so much!

If it helps, it should be visible on this page. https://www.consumerreports.org/products/gas-grill/recommendations/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 10:23:07 PM by supes »

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
I don't have a membership either, but you might check your local public library to see if they have a subscription to the printed Consumer Reports magazine.

I dunno about Consumer Reports nowadays -- they seem to have some odd criteria for their rankings.  If I buy a washing machine, I want to know whether it will get clothes clean, and whether it'll break down in 5 years.  I'm a lot less concerned about whether it uses less water than other models.

Offline supes

• Survivor
    • Sweet green bay senior pictures
Oh man that's a bummer, I used to really like their reviews on things and the fact they actually review TONS of models rather than just picking out the top 5 and home depot and turning their website into an infomercial about each one (a lot of the sites I've been looking at have done that.)

I'll check out the library option if there's no one here who uses them. Not a huge deal but figured I'd ask!