Author Topic: Beware of the John Brown Gun Club  (Read 490 times)

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Beware of the John Brown Gun Club
« on: July 18, 2019, 03:33:35 PM »
The John Brown Gun Club has been in the news a lot recently.  It is positioned as a 'liberal alternative' to NRA affiliated gun clubs.  In actuality it is a front for ANTIFA associated terror groups.  This came front and center in the recent attack on the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma Washington.  Active JBGC member Emma Durutti (birth name Willem Van Spronse) tried to storm the steel reinforced concrete buildings of the facility with molotov cocktails and an AR-15.  The attack was quickly stopped by the facility guards and luckily no-one else was injured.  Emma made frequent appearances on CNN including their highly publicized United Shades of America program.  The Puget Sound chapter of the John Brown Gun Club, where Emma trained for the attack, released a statement praising it.

Be very catious of frequenting any "alternative" clubs like this especially in Washington, Oregon, and California. 

Background:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-man-reportedly-shot-after-throwing-incendiary-devices-at-ice-detention-center
Armed man shot, killed after throwing incendiary devices at Washington ICE detention center

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-antifa-ice-glorified
This is CNN? Network apparently recently glorified ICE detention center attacker

http://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/15/willem-van-spronsen-manifesto-blasts-concentration/
Antifa lauds 'martyr' who attacked ICE detention center as manifesto circulates

In a three-page document posted on Seattle TV station KIRO’s website, Willem Van Spronsen cited popular left-wing historian Howard Zinn, said that “i am antifa,” criticized the Electoral College and accused the U.S. of running “concentration camps” on the border.

Willem Van Spronsen, 69, declares early on in his manifesto that “evil says concentration camps for folks deemed lesser are necessary. the handmaid of evil says the concentration camps should be more humane,” using a term usually reserved for Nazi Germany’s death camps, but introduced in the border-security debate last month by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York.

He also mocked people criticizing Ms. Ocasio-Cortez for intellectual sloppiness, referring to “these days of highly profitable detention/concentration camps and a battle over the semantics.”

https://psjbgc.org/blog/rest-in-power-will/
Rest in Power, Will

He took direct action to protect traditionally marginalized and threatened communities. The rounding up of our neighbors into for-profit detention centers was not a semantics debate for Will, it was an abomination.

We are mourning and hope that in the days, weeks, and months ahead, people who knew and loved Will can find a way to grapple with his loss and honor his memory.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:46:17 PM by iam4liberty »

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Beware of the John Brown Gun Club
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 06:47:58 AM »
More background on this group.   This from journalist Andy Ngo who was recently attacked and seriously injured by Antifa.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/liberals-cheer-as-antifa-violence-escalates/amp/
Liberals cheer as antifa violence escalates

In the early hours on Saturday, police in Tacoma, Wash., rushed to the local Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility. An armed man was firebombing the building and nearby vehicles. Police killed him in a shootout after he attempted to set off a large propane tank connected to the facility. Antifa social media accounts subsequently identified their fallen “comrade” as Willem Van Spronsen.

The underreported incident marks a new chapter in the return of armed left-wing terrorism to the United States. It also triggered a flash of memory in my mind: I had crossed paths with Van Spronsen in December, when a group of rifle-carrying antifa militiamen tried to prevent me from filming their protest outside Seattle City Hall.

Little did I know then that I would soon have a more immediate encounter with antifa violence. Two weeks ago, I was left hospitalized with a brain hemorrhage after a mob of mask-clad rioters beat and robbed me while I was covering a demonstration in downtown Portland, Ore. The attack, claimed by Rose City Antifa, was caught on videos that went viral online.

As shocking as my unprovoked beating was, I’m hardly the first to be cruelly beaten by antifa. I have been covering antifa since the days after the 2016 election, when Portlanders woke up to find that downtown had been ravaged by black-clad vandals and arsonists overnight. Since then, the militants have repeatedly brutalized the city’s population. They have learned from experience that city government and police lack the political will to protect citizens.

Though known for their hallmark masks and black uniforms, antifa isn’t a formal, centralized group. Its “members” operate as a loose grouping of militant Marxists and anarchists drawn from various autonomous far-left groups. Political violence is a feature, not a bug, of antifa, which believes itself to be in an existential struggle with latter-day fascism.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 04:57:49 PM »
The John Brown Gun Club attack has now become central theme of GOP campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF0A3nt8ekU&feature=youtu.be

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 09:21:54 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, I never heard of this group, but I have heard that Zinn is the spiritual godfather of Antifa and the extremist left hate-America groups and celebrities such as Matt Damon (childhood neighbor of Zinn).  I live in Oregon and have not heard of the Hohn Brown Gun Club but sounds like something Antifa would do.  The really need to be labeled as a terrorist group and treated as such. 

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 09:26:24 PM »
The really need to be labeled as a terrorist group and treated as such.

With so many congressman and Chief Law Enforcement Officers calling for it, it looks highly probable. The president's recent tweet is probably final sign.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-considering-declaring-antifa-a-terror-organization.amp
Trump decries 'gutless' Antifa, says he's weighing declaring group major terror organization

President Donald Trump said Saturday that he is considering declaring the far-left Antifa activist group a terrorist organization, equating it with the MS-13 street gang amid reports of members physically attacking conservative demonstrators and journalists at rallies across the country.

"Consideration is being given to declaring ANTIFA, the gutless Radical Left Wack Jobs who go around hitting (only non-fighters) people over the heads with baseball bats, a major Organization of Terror (along with MS-13 & others). Would make it easier for police to do their job!" Trump tweeted.
Trump's tweet came days after Sens. Bill Cassidy, R-La.,and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, introduced non-binding legislation that would designate the group as a domestic terrorist organization.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 08:58:08 AM »
There's definitely a scary escalation going on. We've seen protestors on both sides throwing milkshakes, then going to frozen soda cans, and now guns are the talk of the day.

I'm not going to pretend that we have it as bad as Portland where baliclavad ANTIFA groups shut down city streets but Minneapolis has had rallies for both ANTIFA and Identity Evropa and I'd really not like to stumble on either.

I have in my past been part of the annual tax protest in St. Paul and handed out coffee and donuts for the Occupy protestors who did the right thing and set up shop outside the Minneapolis Fed but the idea of showing up to either with weapons is beyond me. I felt very comfortable with both groups but I'm not so sure I'd even risk showing up these days.

Perhaps the saddest and scariest thing is that eventually the police will have to intervene and take back the streets from whatever crazy side gets the upper hand. I can't imagine the majority of us want our town to have a Charlottesville experience where society devolves into violent rioting and numerous people are hospitalized and a young lady dies over nothing more than mindless political violence.

It's real hard when the choice presented is either black clad ANTIFA or skinheads with swastika tattoos. And I feel very confidant that 99% of us don't want to be associated with either. Let's be honest: Protestors now show up with bear mace and bike locks. It's a hop, skip, and jump to a 9mm. It can happen.

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 06:56:13 PM »
I am trying to work up the stomach to read "The People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn.  Supposedly this is the "intellectual" inspiration for violent left wing politics such as BLM, Antifa, and the multitude of other Soros funded or otherwise leftist supported attack groups.  I want to read that along with the book "Debunking Howard Zinn" by Mary Grabar.

Until coming across this background I was puzzled why this hate-America, violent attack politics had such legs.  But from the excerpts of Grabar's book I've read, Zinn's false and contorted history is in widespread use in US high schools and especially the AP history courses.  And he has won accolades from the academic Social Studies industry. Un-freakin-believable.  Apparently people have lapped up this clap trap "history" and want to destroy America because of it.  I like to know something about my enemies so these are near the top of my reading list this summer.

I was pretty sure we had gone over the tipping point in our American society when the Repubs caved to Clinton in 1998 over a balanced budget.  I was sure of it when both parties heartily supported the 2008 TARP and the several following QEs. When you abandon financial responsibility it is only a matter of time for other social factors to peg into the red as well.  This rise of Antifa, JBGC and their ilk and strong support from local and national political leaders demonstrates to me we are near the "center does not hold" moment.  The violence will get worse in the next few years.  Portland, OR metro politicians have all but tied police hands against taking action on these leftist attackers. It is pretty common knowledge that police will not interfere during a violent "protest" as long as just businesses and normal citizens are being attacked.  They only step in the instant anyone attacks the leftist instigators.  There may be 50 leftists attackers and a couple of people fighting back and all the defenders will get hauled in and just a couple of token Antifa, if any.  I mean, if you had a grudge against a local person or business, just wait for the next "protest" don all black and a ski mask and go burn the place down and 99% chance nothing will happen to you.  Try that wearing Carhartts and they will track you down in 24 hrs and you will be in the slammer for 10-20.

When the rule of law breaks down, everything else will go with it shortly.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 09:21:29 PM »
Here is what I dont get.  Who would ever join a group named for a man who indiscriminantly killed the people he said he was saving, was rejected by them, got all of his followers killed or imprisoned, and became the first person convicted and executed for treason in the US?  Especially with their leadership calling on them to do what amounts to suicide missions for no purpose whatsoever.  You would think they would say, "you first".  I feel sad for those who have gotten sucked into this cult.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 08:36:52 AM »
Here is what I don't get.  Who would ever join a group named for a man who indiscriminantly killed the people he said he was saving, was rejected by them, got all of his followers killed or imprisoned, and became the first person convicted and executed for treason in the US?  Especially with their leadership calling on them to do what amounts to suicide missions for no purpose whatsoever.  You would think they would say, "you first".  I feel sad for those who have gotten sucked into this cult.

because history is taught in soundbites.  No backstory to John Brown.  No after story.  There is not enough room in an approved school history text or time in the classroom to do more than say "John Brown led a small group of people to capture weapons at Harpers Ferry, Virginia to arm the slaves."  Then it moves on to the election of Lincoln as the next step towards the Civil War.

I bet they don't even mention that Lincoln was only the second R nominee.  I say this because I have seen in comment sections of news stories where a number of people "correct" history by saying that not only Democrats owned slaves - Republicans did too.  Well, maybe a few did, but the R party was FOUNDED on abolition of slavery, and had only been a party for 5 years before Lincoln, so there is a statistical improbability that Rs were slave owners. (sorry - soap box).

Again, history as taught today is in soundbites that have no context, and so our young people are left adrift as useful idiots listening to those who sound smart.