Author Topic: What percentage of Preppers have holes in there plans ?  (Read 571 times)

Offline Prepper Rob

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Rob's Prepper Presentations
What percentage of Preppers have holes in there plans ?
« on: October 28, 2019, 06:33:05 PM »
Greetings TSP Form Members

I was catching up on some episodes of the Realistic Prepper Podcast and those guys were talking about how some Preppers are really good at some areas but are not interested in others obvious things like guns preppers need Band-Aids, beans and water and then some food and gardening Preppers are not interested in guns and having a healthy mind, body, spirit and bank account.

What percentage of Preppers that you know online and in person fall under this description ?

Prepper Rob, Louisville, Kentucky

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: What percentage of Preppers have holes in there plans ?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 06:57:49 PM »
Damn near 100%.

Nobody’s that well rounded. Best you can do is be honest about your weaknesses and open to cooperation with others to bridge the gaps.

Offline DDJ

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 10:15:14 AM »
+1 for 100%

We all have our holes.  The best solution is community.  The more people you know the more bigger the knowledge pool is you can draw from.  Even those with the biggest cooperative pool will have holes because there will always be a collective it cannot happen here on something.

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 12:39:53 PM »
on the personal level, I would suggest something that jack has also touched upon.

Consecutive circles of prepping. One month is for water preps, the next month for food, etc etc...then you start all over prepping on a better level.
This way you WILL catch inefficiencies.

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 06:16:32 PM »
No man is an island.. Surround yourself with like minded and your hole will shrink.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 10:03:48 PM »
I can name on 2 fingers the friends around me that at least try to prep like I do.
So it's tough trying to get ideas from a multitude of others, in person.
And I'd rather not advertise very much.

My 2 preps I still need to do are water extraction and more medical.

Offline Redman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 05:40:59 AM »
I'd say probably most preppers are deficient in some areas. I see what I have and think it's pretty good but then it's mostly food. Since my main concern is weather related, hurricanes etc. that seems OK but it probably isn't as OK as I think. During hurricanes we have never lost city water or natural gas so not much there. Bugging out from this area is pretty much a fantasy unless you leave a week ahead of time.

I agree with not advertising much but there is still the need for ideas. I've tried to interest some family members in prepping at least a little. Their response was "we're coming to see you". They were taken aback when I said "In your dreams. I've given you some knowledge and shown you where to acquire more. If you chose not to do so it ain't my problem."

Offline DDJ

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 10:29:02 AM »
I would have to agree my main concerns are weather related and I do not prep for serous structural damage.  I have short term coverings (plenty of extra tarps) but not a lot in the way of repairs for tornado, tree coming through the front of the house, or significant glass breakage from flying debree.  If the event that triggers these kinds of things is not local effect only I am in for the same world of hurt as everyone else. 

Everyone has a limit.  It is not all about food.  Rule of 3s food is at the bottom of the list.  Shelter is number 2 (is that on purpose).

Sorry for the PUN (or what ever that was)

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 11:50:40 AM »
You'd fill 3 lifetimes just to be a mediocre journeyman carpenter, plumber, electrician, roofer, gardener, welder, machinist, etc. and that isn't the stuff that requires schooling like medicine, structural engineering, or law.

I have a pharmacist in the family who will crush pills to make a compress for bee stings that is just this side of wizardry. I have an electrical engineer who will pull a panel and start dragging wires which makes my palms sweat. I manage their retirement accounts.

I think a big part of prepping is the ability to get the right help when you need it. Even in an extreme health event the skills of a ER doc, cardiologist, EMT, and lifeguard are vastly different. If you really need a combat medic the best plastic surgeon on earth is of little value.

It's the I, pencil thing. To make a pencil you need hollowed cedar, graphite, a rubber eraser, and a metal binder all encapsulated in yellow paint... There's no human on planet earth capable of making this. But we pay $.05 for one. So realize your shortcomings and get help when you need it.

Offline Prepper456

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »
i am just starting out so i have alot of holes. working on filling holes asap