Author Topic: Weight loss - appetite control pills  (Read 320 times)

Offline sams

• Prepper
  • Incompetent Prepper in Chief - Africa
Weight loss - appetite control pills
« on: October 02, 2019, 09:07:08 AM »
Hello Team,

I have been struggling with weight loss for the last 2 years, I got very fat in college and ever since I started working and dating more frequently I tried to lose the stones.

When from 94 to 82, and my target is to get down to 75. my height is 1.78 meters

Did a big died change to reduce carbs, cut sugars and soft drinks. Still can't find time for Gym because of work.

I found some apetite control pills in the supermarket, and I am taking them before meals. It seems that the active principle of it is white beans extract that expand in your stomach and give the sensation of fullness (I do feel the stomach full after taking it and I did a test in a cup of water where the pill expanded to up to 10 times its size in white blob).

Anybody has experience and tips about this ?

Losing weight is not everyboy favorite topic, but I feel I need to get more fit.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Weight loss - appetite control pills
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 11:36:13 AM »
Good luck to you. Sounds like you are doing well already. I had to do a conversion to imperial measurements to get a sense of it (approx 180 lbs, 5'10" is what I came up with). I'm not a fan of diet pills, although that one seems to be fairly benign.

I don't have any great advice other than I think you may want to consider some sort of exercise -- even just walking (either on a treadmill or around the neighborhood). I find I do much better with just 30 min walking per day.  Also, I have to reduce my carbs a great deal. I'm a fan of the ketogenic (sp?) diet. It has worked well for me.

Offline sams

• Prepper
  • Incompetent Prepper in Chief - Africa
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 09:46:26 AM »
Good luck to you. Sounds like you are doing well already. I had to do a conversion to imperial measurements to get a sense of it (approx 180 lbs, 5'10" is what I came up with). I'm not a fan of diet pills, although that one seems to be fairly benign.

I don't have any great advice other than I think you may want to consider some sort of exercise -- even just walking (either on a treadmill or around the neighborhood). I find I do much better with just 30 min walking per day.  Also, I have to reduce my carbs a great deal. I'm a fan of the ketogenic (sp?) diet. It has worked well for me.

I think I will try what I am doing for some 3 months and see the progress first.

I was trying to take pill at launch and dinner but seems too much to rely on it, so I changed it to take the pill only at dinner when I feel the most hungry after having small breakfast (one egg, some beans and no bread) and small lunch (small rice portion, meat and salad).

Hot tea and cofee, or fruits what is helping me forget about eating between the meals.

The pill active composition is : Glucomane, White Kidney bean extract, 5 HTP

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 03:11:06 PM »
Good luck to you... let us know how it goes.

Offline CarbideAndIron

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Steve
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 06:05:50 AM »
Well at your height and weight, I think that your issue is certainly not based in appetite. You need more muscle on your frame. You are at a "healthy" weight, but clearly you are not happy with your body composition, so don't get all caught up in the weight number. I too am 178cm, but I weigh 89kg, and am happy with my health and appearance. 75kg at your height is downright skinny, not healthy.
There is no magic pill. 25-50mg of Ephedra helps a little with fat loss and appetite control, but your access to it will vary depending on your location. But in reality, you're going to need to pick up some  heavy stuff, which will also increase your metabolism.
I work 7 days a week, have lots of stuff going on with my property, and have young kids. I'm not claiming to be the busiest guy in the world, but I certainly don't have "free" time. I make it a priority to do a minimum of 20min of lifting, 3 times per week. Usually I find more time than just 20min, but if that is all I have, I will just chose one lift, like the deadlift for example, and start extremely light, then do ascending sets of 5 until I am out of time.
If you travel, you can do bodyweight exercises like bounding, pull ups, etc... As LvsChant mentioned, just going for walks and eating keto helps tons. I do a 10min after eating breakfast and lunch.
Speaking to those pills, nothing seems dangerous. White kidney bean extract is said to "block" carbs. I think you are better off doing as you said, and just avoiding eating them instead. Ketogenic diets work fantastically for most people that don't do heavy glycolytic work like crossfit or grappling.