Author Topic: Prepping for widespread political violence associated with the election  (Read 17761 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
Re: Prepping for widespread political violence associated with the election
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
...This is a touchy subject, and I hope we can stick to the prepping topic, and not get into the politics of which side is right or wrong. ...

Please?

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2019, 02:18:33 PM »
Sorry if I got a little off my rocker. Happens. If I'm blunt the stuff that is scaring me is the transition period. If Obamacare was a disastrous launch what will putting 330,000,000 Americans on Medicare look like? I'm guessing some hiccups. And we have cities where the police won't show up if a theft is under $1000.

I'm not super worried about violence because the only 2 violent events where damage was done were Berkeley and Charlottesville and let's call a spade a spade that the big white supremecist event got 200 attendees. They couldn't sway a small town mayoral election. And if I'm blunt the Daily Stormer guys have fled the country, Matt Heimbach of the Traditionalist Workers' Party (the real Nazis) got caught banging his step-mom, and the "crying Nazi" Cantwell has been shut down on every platform including being denied banking services. And while I'd like to think the left should be better policed I can't imagine BAMN, ANTIFA, or itsgoingdown.org have many cheerleaders.

That's not to say I don't have concerns. I'm worried because groups like BLM have shut down freeways and local to me Identity Evropa have a following and believe me I know about RAMM and the "liftwaffe". Yes, neonazis who take steroids. What could go wrong? But these are all fringy and have no broad appeal. Even Joe Biden's endorsement of ANTIFA came off hamhanded and made him look foolish.

I guess I have more belief in the banality of evil.

Offline Prepper456

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2019, 01:25:18 PM »
why do you think it wont get worse than berkeley and charlottesville by any side?

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2020, 03:59:27 PM »
So more perspective on what to prepare for given election outcomes.  Bernie Sanders staffers preparing to burn down Milwaukee, beat police,  and trigger widespread violence in certain cities if they lose.  If they win they are planning to set up gulags for everyone who voted against them because, you know, Stalin's gulags just got a bad rap...they were really great

https://washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/14/project-veritas-sanders-staffer-says-cities-burn-i/
Project Veritas: Sanders staffer says 'cities burn' if Trump reelected, predicts violence at DNC

A Project Veritas video released Tuesday showed a man identified as a campaign organizer for Sen. Bernard Sanders, a Democratic presidential candidate, saying “cities burn” if President Trump wins reelection and predicting violence against police at the 2020 Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee.
Asked what would happen if Mr. Trump is reelected, the man described as Sanders campaign field organizer Kyle Jurek said, “F–ing cities burn,” adding, “I mean, we don’t have a lot of time left, we have to save f–ing human civilization.”
“We’re going to make 1978 [1968] look like a f–ing Girl Scout f–ing cookout,” he said, adding, “The cops are going to be the ones that are getting f–ing beaten in Milwaukee. They’re going to call out the National Guard for that s—t. I promise you that.”

He was apparently referring to the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, where police famously clashed with protesters.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2020, 04:12:11 PM »
Wonder if anyone will be asking Bernie what he thinks about his campaign field organizer's statements. 

Oh, that's right, never mind.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2020, 04:31:58 PM »
I hope someone does ask...Maybe trump officials will ask.....

Offline Redman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2020, 06:02:22 AM »
Sounds like that could be a terroristic threat. Is the guy still roaming the streets?

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2020, 07:08:35 AM »
Let me ask another serious question... We're a little from Iowa and Bernie just suffered a heart attack. Donald Trump eats like a teen pothead. What happens if we have an election and both candidates die? When Paul Wellstone died both parties turned it into a shit show. We had riots and school disruptions at colleges and roads were shut down. Then conservatives got on the air and said it was all lefty stuff and unemployed idiots (we know the drill) and even though every sane person walked back knowing that the timing was bad and it's hard to have the sudden death of a senator with no plan for memorial or succession there were plenty of idiots on both sides to fill that vacuum.

Party affiliation aside, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Joe Biden are not young and not looking healthy or quick. And think of the damage Clinton did to herself in 2016 with her coughing fits and feinting out of her shoes. What would happen if the last savior political candidate (either side) dies?

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2020, 07:31:47 AM »
Party affiliation aside, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Joe Biden are not young and not looking healthy or quick. And think of the damage Clinton did to herself in 2016 with her coughing fits and feinting out of her shoes. What would happen if the last savior political candidate (either side) dies?

That is a very good question.  Add Ginsburg to that mix as both sides violate so many election laws that the SCOTUS is always involved.

For republicans it is easy.  Pence would become nominee and probably add a senator as VP.  For dems it would become a bunch of lobsters in a bucket. Another interesting question is what becomes of the campaign war chests.  Those campaign treasurers would become very powerful political figures controlling the money.

In last debate Biden looked like he was having a series of mini-strokes.  He couldnt put two sentances together without stumbling.  His campaign also reportedly cut back on appearances after 8 PM.  Bernie looked remarkably good guven his heart condition. Pelosi this week has also been stumbling and rattling on so that noone understands what she is talking about.

Not sure how public would react.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2020, 09:22:02 AM »
Of the bunch Biden looks the worst. And I'll confess I'd love to see an olive branch to Ginsberg and replace her with another she approves of because it's really hard to see a person who is clearly at the last stage clinging to her position for politics rather than being with her family.

There's a bigger story here I've been struggling with. It the whole "the parties are a shambles" thing. 2016 was a bloodbath for the Democrats and it's amazing how names like Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazil just went away. The DNC establishment became a power vacuum. The Republicans have fared little better as Megyn Kelly scuttled her career and in the Trump/never Trump battle we lost National Review nad the neocons are on the fence.

Whether you like him or not John McCain (the slimy warmonger) went on the Tonight Show to laugh about conceding to Obama. That's a healing moment. That's like a stable system where we can healthily joke over our failures. When I was a kid being a D or an R wasn't a big deal because we looked up to charitable Carter and farmhand Reagan. But look at 2016... After cheating with the DNC to screw Bernie (and the Bernie people have earned the chip on their shoulder) and using CNN to plan debate questions Hillary couldn't so much as give a concession speech? And while I actually believe that Reagan just wanted to be the American cowboy and Carter just wanted to serve his neighbors (which I think of as American ideals) we've seen Bush and Obama just slink away instead of being elder statesmen.

I am struggling to articulate this. What I'm at is that I like slow moving agreeable politics where we laugh at ourselves and realize at the end of the day we just want to see happy kids and have a lemonade on the porch things go well. When the long established parties start going bump in the night and we get (jeeze) a new upstart like the Republicans we have a Civil War right behind them. Or the Democrats fractionalize and we have mayhem in Chicago and the National Guard establishing order on college campuses as the draft letters are sent out.

Michael Malice has a contextual (if not perfectly accurate) joke about nation-states. In one of their epic arguments Jefferson told Hamilton the British system was corrupt. Hamilton had a very sagacious reply that basically the slop in the system is what made it work. It's the House of Commons open insults and then tea time that hold it together. When you have events where rigid idealogues entrench the world falls apart.

I am very worried that both parties are dissolving into frayed fractions. Pelosi has lost control and the new voice of the right is Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity? Do you remember like 20 years ago when Tucker sparred with Paul Begala and Hannity had to deal with the snipey comedian Colmes?

Maybe I'm all wet. But this is the big disaster I see coming. Both world wars were nothing more than unwavering political factions and our own Civil War was an event where thousands of young men showed up with dad's rifle and a Bowie knife. As much as I hate politicians having one to pump the brakes is almost always a blessing.

Soapbox rant over. I hope I was cohesive... 2nd cup of coffee and all.

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2020, 04:18:37 PM »
Scanned the other responses.. did someone mention soft and perhaps hard body armor? Not that I see myself going walkabout and needing it but if the S really hits the F then even those in stationary OPLP positions would benefit from a little ballistic protection.

Water, food and fuel are easy ones.

Black plastic for those in urban environments to keep good light control if things go dark.

A well stocked GHB is a must.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2020, 08:43:03 PM »
If your working on government projects, probably good idea to carry.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-allegedly-kills-pro-trump-boss-argument-throws/story?id=68444984
Man allegedly kills pro-Trump boss after argument, throws American flag on his body

A construction worker in Florida has been accused of murdering his pro-Trump boss with a trowel after a political argument on the construction site where they both worked and then throwing an American flag on the man’s body.

The incident occurred on Monday morning at approximately 10:30 a.m. when emergency dispatchers received a call from co-workers saying that Mason Trever Toney, 28, had stabbed and killed their boss, 28-year-old William Steven Knight on the Florida Turnpike job site, according to the arrest affidavit obtained by ABC News’ Orlando affiliate WFTV.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says that the murder appears related to a political dispute between the men. Knight was a big supporter of President Donald Trump while Toney was anti-government.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2020, 08:21:11 AM »
I'd be very scared to be in Milwaukee during the convention. Forget about a couple of Bernie guys talking about burning it; I'm more scared of the dirty tricks catching up with people. Warren and Clinton have both insulted Bernie directly as it seems the more establishment types prefer Biden. Bloomberg is playing dirty by buying up ads and driving up the price.

Now I know that dirty tricks are part of politics and the RNC was no better in mistreating Ron Paul and (lesser extent) Donald Trump. I even see the parallels between Paul and Sanders as they are outsiders so having rigid party types work against them is almost normal. But this right off an election where dirty tricks cost Bernie a shot at Trump and for all their scheming the Hillary plan went bust.

Add to that Pelosi has to oversee the event as chair which means giving boring speeches and gladhanding while Trump and AOC fan the flames live Tweeting the event.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2020, 11:33:47 AM »
Wow. If Iowa doesn't vote correctly they can just ignore the results. You expect me to believe that the one caucus state that Joe Biden ignored like an idiot can't count votes? This is the most underhanded do-over gift to the Biden campaign ever. The DNC found a way to shaft Bernie yet again.

Get ready to see some sparks. The dirty tricks are just starting.

Offline robkaiser.me

• Prepper
  • Systems-Oriented Thinker. @robkaiser.me
    • York Meadow Farm
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »
A well stocked GHB is a must.

Pardon my ignorance, but "GHB"?

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:23 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but "GHB"?

"Get Home Bag".  Like a bugout bag, but in reverse. 8)

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2020, 01:43:52 PM »
Wow. If Iowa doesn't vote correctly they can just ignore the results. You expect me to believe that the one caucus state that Joe Biden ignored like an idiot can't count votes? This is the most underhanded do-over gift to the Biden campaign ever. The DNC found a way to shaft Bernie yet again.

Get ready to see some sparks. The dirty tricks are just starting.

You can bet yer fat bippy it's held up cuzz they don't like the numbers.
3 different systems to count the votes and........bam, the rubber band broke supposedly.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2020, 04:02:05 PM »
You can bet yer fat bippy it's held up cuzz they don't like the numbers.
3 different systems to count the votes and........bam, the rubber band broke supposedly.

As they say in South Bend, former Mayor Pete kicked their dupa's.  They couldnt let a Midwesterner embarass them like that.  Bernie bros are as peeved as the Bidenites.

Offline robkaiser.me

• Prepper
  • Systems-Oriented Thinker. @robkaiser.me
    • York Meadow Farm
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2020, 06:51:32 AM »
"Get Home Bag".  Like a bugout bag, but in reverse. 8)

About 10 minutes after typing this, I realized this and thought "duh"

Grateful to be refocusing and getting back to this mindset in addition to everything else

What an interesting few years it's been!

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2020, 11:48:38 AM »
As they say in South Bend, former Mayor Pete kicked their dupa's.  They couldnt let a Midwesterner embarass them like that.  Bernie bros are as peeved as the Bidenites.

My Polish grandfather delighted in calling me a dupa yash. Polish for dumbass. I love the "old world" insults.

It is rather a scary thing that Iowa won't certify anything. It's a very large democratic field and the purpose of the caucus is to narrow it down and get to a candidate. I don't know how democrats show up to the caucus only to have the results flushed away. For the DNC to have monkeyed with the 2016 primary and now get right into 2020 with underhanded tricks to not certify a winner based on a voting app programmed by a Clinton stooge is nuts.

I can't believe I'm saying this but it looks like the DNC will negate voter turn out in favor of a brokered convention. We are watching the implosion of half of the polity in this country. What happens when Bernie wins in New Hampshire? Gonna ignore that one too?

As wrongheaded and fractionalized as the Republicans are over Trump these Democratic plays are literally taking power back from the voters and grassroots liberals. It looks ugly and the convention is poised to be a war.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2020, 03:49:10 PM »
As wrongheaded and fractionalized as the Republicans are over Trump these Democratic plays are literally taking power back from the voters and grassroots liberals. It looks ugly and the convention is poised to be a war.
You know what's so amazing to me is that they all hate Trump so much that they will do just about anything to get him out of office.

But not a single candidate will drop out of the primary early on in order to not make enemies of the other voters in the party.  They will all go to the end insulting each other and telling the voters how horrible candidate XYZ is.  Then when candidate XYZ gets the nomination, they are all surprised when the voters won't vote for the person that they have been told is so horrible.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2020, 12:12:47 PM »
You know what's so amazing to me is that they all hate Trump so much that they will do just about anything to get him out of office.

But not a single candidate will drop out of the primary early on in order to not make enemies of the other voters in the party.  They will all go to the end insulting each other and telling the voters how horrible candidate XYZ is.  Then when candidate XYZ gets the nomination, they are all surprised when the voters won't vote for the person that they have been told is so horrible.

Yes but the whole purpose of the caucus is to give context, narrow the field, and let the winner give a big speech that solidifies the base. That's what Obama did and it's kind of the process we follow. For the Iowa Democrats to not certify for days and then claim a 2 vote gap between Pete and Bernie while Biden fared horribly feels like the deep state antics of 2016. I'm all for being honest and if Pete and Bernie are too close to call you admit it and move on but for them to not give the wind to their backs and not admit that Biden languished in 4th is a little more than dishonest.

If I'm honest both parties look really fragile and the Democrats' antics belie the complete sham of the primary season. More and more I see a violent brokered convention that rips the party in half. This is the ugly Tammany Hall politics we were all supposed to oppose. And don't think the RNC is any better. They'll be lucky to pull off a convention if Trump decides not to go and sticks to Twitter.

Iowa was a bellweather. They could have said it was neck and neck with Pete and Bernie. That would have been honest. But they chose not to certify anything for days sucking the wind from the sails of the lead horses (too many metaphors I apologize) and letting the clear winners have no moment in the sun.

This is what scares me. If you want a formula for angry violent people whose votes were not counted it's starting to happen.

Offline ChEng

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Chief Engineer
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2020, 04:08:56 PM »
This does look kind of scary. I've told Mrs. ChEng that the day before November's Election Tuesday we are going to have two 5-gallon gas cans and the car's tank filled up. Then on Election Tuesday, we will vote early, and then go out to a motel, a bit outside the city. We haven't had a couple-time vacation for a LONG time, anyway.  ;D We'll take some of our prep stuff, and pack it in the car, just in case we need to stay out of town more than a couple of nights.

When ever we go on a planned outage, we pack and take our "vacation" backpacks, and still keep our 72-hour kits in the trunk of our car, so we will have extra clothes. We can also get at our retirement fund (nation-wide company,) and get a withdrawal sent to our bank (headquartered in a small town about 100 miles outside Pittsburgh) within a couple of days.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2020, 04:49:54 PM »
Yes but the whole purpose of the caucus is to give context, narrow the field, and let the winner give a big speech that solidifies the base.
Yeah, I get that's what it is for.  My main point is that instead of talking about how great they are, they talk about how horrible the opponent is.  Then are always shocked at how the public can't vote for the person that they spent the past 6 months talking about how horrible they would be for the office.

If they were serious about getting Trump out, the candidates and the DNC would meet and discuss who has the best chance of winning and they would all get behind that person.  Of course each of them thinks that they have the best shot. 

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2020, 04:58:16 PM »
Good news is, the Iowa caucuses were peaceful.  Some of Bernie's group got upset when they were outmanuevered during realignment in some precincts.  But they didnt riot, just loudly stormed out.  Lesson for them is if you have a bunch of scary acting (and according to many reports, doped up and smelly) people caucusing for you, dont expect others to want to join them.  Buttigieg's people were articulate and polite even to those with whom they severely disagreed. For example: https://youtu.be/mV1CkKDWUeI
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 05:20:09 PM by iam4liberty »

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2020, 06:56:14 PM »
However, things are already getting pretty bad on many of the college campuses.  Might be wise to bug out beforehand if you are a student on a radical campus.

https://twitter.com/sft_asu/status/1225214752068030464

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2020, 07:56:38 AM »
But it's already a failure of the primary system. This is supposed to be a unifying process where you win in the first 3 caucus/primary states and become the frontrunner. It's not supposed to be a herky jerky process where we offer no guidance because the DNC candidate came in 4th.

This is the ugly politics where loud minority groups of polity get emboldened. We are smack in the middle of the Stalinist quote of not caring who votes but caring who counts the votes. And not even on a grand scale. This was a cluster (you know what) for 170,000 Iowans. Not even a good turnout.

If the DNC is going to keep Biden alive Milwaukee will host a convention with 5 viable candidates. And we're tossing the voter out in favor of the smoky back rooms.

I'm not claiming violence will occur. But the seeds of division have been sowed deep. This election does scare me.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2020, 08:14:22 AM »
The potential for violence is increasing with the increasing inevitable reelection of Trump.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2020, 12:06:31 PM »
I live in an area that was Bernie-all-the-way last election, and they know he was cheated of nomination votes ( at least, if not the nomination; they feel, for good reason, the nomination) I dont know if they will finally see the light if the party machine, again, messes with the democratic voters will and do something ( reform the party rules ? Get involved ? Make a new party ? ) This is also an area where I just stayed home, out of many public areas, for a couple years after the last election as people were just out of their minds, not violent, but only because anyone of a different mindset just stayed away from them.  This county has a large minority voted for President Trump ( the state electral votes all went to Secretary Clinton, of course) I cant find that data, but the state itself did go 30% to President Trump in the election, 7% or more went to 3rd party candidates, making almost 40% not Sec. Clinton, that is sizable enough that people should not be violently villifying such a large portion of their fellow people, but the anti-Trumpsters dont seem to notice that, and certainly dont acknowledge that.  This county, in the primary in 2016, went heavily to Bernie Sanders over Sec. Clinton. 

So, as far as future violence.  This area is not known for violent attacks.  On the other hand, nobody "tried it out" by openly saying what they realy feel or who they realy voted for.  Everyone kind of unsaid knows that there is danger of cars damaged, people pushed, hit or harrassed, business boycotted and shut down ( this happened in one case already, seems that campaign contributions are public record), and alot of other social fallout.  Seems this area is kind of a political dont ask dont tell.  Which is actually stifling.  The majority think they are inclusive, but in actuallity are the most non-inclusive you could meet.  I often thought about trying it out in public, just calmly knit with the wrong hat or t shirt on to show this, but I am not up to the abuse. 

I certainly would not want to be in the downtown area after the election, I will stay home for a while again

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2020, 12:59:54 PM »
The potential for violence is increasing with the increasing inevitable reelection of Trump.

I'm not sure it's inevitable yet, but the Democrats are trying their best to make it so.  Front runners: a guy who can't beat Trump because he's a socialist antique, a guy who can't beat Trump because he's gay, a gal who can't beat Trump because she's a gal, and a guy who can't beat Trump because he's Biden.  Sheesh.

But this is sorta changing my view of what might happen come election day.  If there's a general belief that Trump's re-election is inevitable, then if he does lose, a whole lot of people will declare the results fake.  That could get very nasty very fast.

On the other hand, if Trump wins, there's a whole lot of discontent ready to boil over, and we already know there's a minority of the anti-Trump side that will become violent.  But it's hard to predict what their targets will be.  Most of the violent ones are so stupid that they think firebombing Starbucks is a great blow against the tyrants.

Also, I think a lot depends on which party takes control of the Senate.  I think many people realize that gridlock protects us.  If one party gets the White House and both houses of Congress, extremists of the other party will be more energized than if control is split.