Author Topic: Trying to find a Prepper fiction book I read  (Read 229 times)

Offline DDJ

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
Trying to find a Prepper fiction book I read
« on: November 05, 2019, 08:30:06 PM »
I was rereading Glen Tate's 299 series which triggered me to thinking about another book / book series I once read. I hope i ma not mixing multiple books.  I read it a few years ago and really am afraid that I have multiple story lines from multiple books blurring in my head.

Plot Basics.
A professional (architect I think) is shaken form his bed early one morning by an earth quake.
The chimney comes down and wrecks a wall in the house but most of the house is ok
He has a lawnmower powered battery charger (this is the first I had heard of these)
before the Quake the government is pulling back troops from all over the world
He gets drafted by the local government to take his 3 point generator and tractor to the local gas station to run the gas pump
they open a barter store in the gas station
There was something in his past that he was in Africa and had to fight his way out
He had his grandfathers BAR for WWII.  They copy it and start producing them for the locals to use
Before the collapse his brother out east sends him a packet of gold and silver from selling stocks ECt and someone from the courier get the word out to a team that hunts people down and kidnaps them for ransom.
There is economic collapse just as they start to recover
The locals band together and start to plant gardens and trees in the once grassy lawns.  I remember them planning where to put nut trees that will feed them in 5 years.

As i remember until the war this book as I remember was fairly well written and full of little tidbits of good ideas.  I was reminded of it and am now thinking I should go back and reread that one too, plus it might be up my son's alley.

That ring any bells with anyone?
Thanks and I hope this post will not keep anyone else up trying to find this book.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Trying to find a Prepper fiction book I read
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »
Doesn't ring any bells, but sounds good... please do post the title if you find/remember it...

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
Re: Trying to find a Prepper fiction book I read
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 03:09:45 PM »
Doesn't ring any bells, but sounds good... please do post the title if you find/remember it...

what she said... :)