Author Topic: Freezer Alarm for Compressor Failure  (Read 339 times)

Offline Prepper Rob

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Rob's Prepper Presentations
Freezer Alarm for Compressor Failure
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:39:54 AM »

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
Re: Freezer Alarm for Compressor Failure
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 08:14:19 AM »
there was a thread a bit back about freezer alarms.  Some good information there

Here is one.  not the one I remember but... http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=61660.msg761682#msg761682

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Freezer Alarm for Compressor Failure
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 10:26:31 AM »
I bought one way back when that thread was fresh, iirc. My problem at the time was that my kids would leave the freezer door open and I wouldn't discover it until things had partially defrosted! Very annoying, but no longer a problem.

I think I found the alarm I bought didn't have much of a range, so you might want to check that out, depending on where your deep freeze is located (ours was in the garage). Plus, you have to be pretty diligant about changing batteries, too.

If you have purchased a new freezer, and don't have the problem with anyone leaving the door open, you may not really need an alarm for quite awhile... maybe as the unit gets a little older I'd bother with it, but with a brand-new freezer... well, you decide.

Note: Sometimes your homeowners' insurance will cover a loss like this if you can assign a value to the lost food... may be worth it if your deductible is fairly low.