Author Topic: Disney Plus  (Read 413 times)

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
Disney Plus
« on: November 18, 2019, 09:27:06 AM »
Yup, we did it. We've been off cable on little more than Amazon and Netflix for a few years. When Disney offered its streaming service my wife jumped. For a few bucks a month our daughter basically gets the Disney catalog? Sounds good.

They are also offering stand-alone products off their proprietary holdings. We've seen both released episodes of "Mandalorian" the Star Wars offshoot about the bounty hunter. Both were solid (Disney is solid). But we've got every princess story, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, Discovery, and probably some stuff I haven't found on demand. As a point of how sincere Disney is with its platform "Mandalorian" has cameos from Carl Weathers and Werner Herzog. The Easter eggs abound.

I'm looking forward to what Disney will do on this platform.

Offline Redman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Lost in the 50's
Re: Disney Plus
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 05:08:55 PM »
Sounds interesting but do they have the old TV shows? I doubt it. I'd love to get away for Hulu and get something that works all the time.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »
Sounds interesting but do they have the old TV shows? I doubt it. I'd love to get away for Hulu and get something that works all the time.

Oh yeah.  They are moving to have full catalog going all the way back. So you can watch your 1928 Steamboat Willie then binge watch 30 years of The Simpsons.  Not that my wife and I would ever do such a thing... ;)

Disney owns Hulu so you can do a package deal too.

Offline atl

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 01:27:07 PM »
We finally ditched Dish Network. Good riddance to an overpriced subscription . The wife was afraid she wouldn't get her Hallmark channel but she has found an equivalent somewhere. All we have now is Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon.

Offline CarbideAndIron

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Steve
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 07:55:02 AM »
Wife jumped on this too. We love it so far. Between this, Motortrend (awesome for gear heads), Netfilx, and Amazon, we got more content than we can keep up with, for cheap.