Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19 (a.k.a. 2019-nCoV) outbreak in China  (Read 76315 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 (a.k.a. 2019-nCoV) outbreak in China
« Reply #1350 on: August 08, 2020, 12:55:38 AM »
I don't need a doctor or any so called expert to tell me I am diseased and in need of medication to save other people when I have no symptoms of illness and so many others don't. Such trust has never been required of doctors and should not. Those people who live the longest and healthiest lives are most often the people who avoid running to the doctors office all the time and are able to avoid all these modern lab produced medications that some people take all the time

These faucci fans have to go around and censor other viewpoints. Ron Paul and numerous others agree. It's like science has become something you have to control the debate about and you are not allowed to disagree. No one elected faucci, I wish he would just go away but these establishment types have a lot of influence and power which is not good

It's all based on fear that you are going to get sick on down the line. Many things are based on fear as was the response to 911

It seemed clear enough to me that Mueller spent millions of dollars and took years and came up with nothing even slightly tangible but the Democrats still believe that narrative which is amazing in itself
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 01:04:36 AM by surfivor »

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1351 on: August 08, 2020, 09:20:31 AM »
Science-Based Medicine:  The perils and pitfalls of “doing your own research” about COVID-19 (or any other science)

That a minimum of 2.2 million in US were going to die from the Wuhan virus by July 1 is a perfect example of starting with a conclusion and trying to justify it with psuedoscience nonsense.  Same for The Lancet published so called "peer reviewed", "gold standard" study.  It took less than five minutes to see the base sizes in the tables didn't add up.  And others pointed out immediately that reported cases in some areas were greater than their population. Yet, this was, according to WHO, the definitive work and all other research on hydroxychloroquine had to be cancelled immediately.  That is as anti-scientific as it gets.

I am a profesional scientist with published journal articles, patents, and books.  And the most important piece of advice I can give anyone is: do your own homework. Question your doctor and if what they say doesnt make sense, research it and seek out a second and third opinion.  Dont invest in something if you dont understand the investment.   Get detailed, written estimates from contractors and check the prices for materials with retailers (especially for plumbers).  Talk to the politicians and dont let them give you weasly answers to your concerns.  If they wont go on the record, dont vote for them. Do vote for the ones who do have an honest dialogue.  Read the owners manuals for firearms, machinery, and other dangerous equipment before use.  In short, don't be intellectually lazy.  That is the quickest path to getting broke and getting dead. 

And especially remember, if a patient dies the doctor will move on to another patient.  But if you are the patient you dont get to move on to another doctor.  Your skin is literally on the line. Take responsibility for your life.

I will leave you with a story about someone who did their homework:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/27/health/doug-lindsay-invented-surgery-trnd/index.html
This college dropout was bedridden for 11 years. Then he invented a surgery and cured himself

Doug Lindsay was 21 and starting his senior year at Rockhurst University, a Jesuit college in Kansas City, Missouri, when his world imploded.

After his first day of classes, the biology major collapsed at home on the dining room table, the room spinning around him.

It was 1999. The symptoms soon became intense and untreatable. His heart would race, he felt weak and he frequently got dizzy. Lindsay could walk only about 50 feet at a time and couldn't stand for more than a few minutes.

"Even lying on the floor didn't feel like it was low enough," he said.
The former high school track athlete had dreamed of becoming a biochemistry professor or maybe a writer for "The Simpsons."

Instead, he would spend the next 11 years mostly confined to a hospital bed in his living room in St. Louis, hamstrung by a mysterious ailment.

Doctors were baffled. Treatments didn't help. And Lindsay eventually realized that if he wanted his life back, he would have to do it himself.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:27:40 AM by iam4liberty »

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #1352 on: August 08, 2020, 09:21:51 AM »
I think there where two big studies that claimed chloroquine didn't work or was dangerous, the media reported that and the FDA took action. Then the studies were revoked but the media and FDA probably ignored that so that the person on the street wouldn't notice. That is such a load of bull and no wonder you shouldn't trust the media and medical establishment as they always operate in this manner

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1353 on: August 08, 2020, 05:33:03 PM »
https://nypost.com/2020/08/08/nyc-councilman-credits-hydroxychloroquine-for-covid-19-recovery/
Democrat NYC Councilman Paul Vallone credits Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 recovery

A Democratic New York City Councilman says hydroxychloroquine saved his life after a near-fatal run-in with COVID-19 in March.

Paul Vallone, who represents northeast Queens, took the drug along with a standard Z-pack — given for bacterial infections — and came back from the brink almost immediately.

“I couldn’t breathe, very weak, couldn’t get out of bed. My doctor prescribed it. My pharmacy had it. Took it that day and within two to three days I was able to breathe,” Vallone told The Post. “Within a week I was back on my feet.”
Vallone’s initial prognosis was particularly grim, as he also suffers from sarcoidosis, an auto-immune disease that attacks his lungs.

“We were in panic mode when I went down because I didn’t have a lot of immune response,” he said. “I needed something to stay alive.”

Hydroxychloroquine “worked for me.”

Vallone’s brother Peter, a former City Councilman and a current civil court judge in Queens, also became a convert after his brother’s illness.

“I guess all those doctors who are prescribing it are right. This drug is already on the market and the patent is up so it’s cheap. A new drug won’t be. So big money does not want this drug to be used. Always follow the money,”
Paul Vallone...remains grateful for the president’s advocacy.

“At that time, there was only fear and panic, he offered hope in a possible treatment when there was none. With my sarcoidosis and then my COVID symptoms, It basically saved me. For that my family will always be thankful,“ he said.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #1354 on: August 08, 2020, 05:57:46 PM »
Anecdotal evidence from a NYC Democrat?!! 

Oh, boy!!!

Now it's safe for me to believe in the miraculous healing power of hydroxychloroquine.  ::)

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1355 on: August 09, 2020, 08:28:22 AM »
God forbid someone breaks political ranks to tell their story of how a treatment works for them to encourage others to have an informed discussion with their doctor.  They must be punished.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2020/04/25/detroit-democrats-unanimously-censure-lawmaker-karen-whitsett-who-credited-trump-covid-19-recovery/3025907001/
Detroit Democrats unanimously censure lawmaker who credited Trump for COVID-19 recovery

Detroit Democrats unanimously passed a resolution Saturday to censure a Democratic lawmaker who credited President Donald Trump with advocating for the drug that she said cured her of COVID-19.

State Rep. Karen Whitsett, D-Detroit, broke protocol by meeting with President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence during an April 14 meeting of COVID-19 survivors, where  she credited hydroxychloroquine for saving her life, a Democratic district leader said.

This is how agenda driven fake news and fake studies destroys real science.  It is a shame that so many talking heads put their politics ahead of generating life saving knowledge. It is interesting how it is always the same people who push the 'It is unproven, we need clinical trials before anyone can take it' narrative are the ones who push fake studies with the goal of shutting down such trials.  And all because 'orange man bad'. 

Can hydroxychloroquine prevent COVID-19? Bad press getting in the way of KU finding out
Can hydroxychloroquine prevent COVID-19? Bad press getting in the way of KU finding out

“You get to see (on the) front line how bad and awful the disease can be,” Waxman said. “And if there’s something else you can do besides just help try to treat it ... can you actually go that other step forward?”

But controversy and public confusion about the drug have made it difficult to recruit more volunteers needed to study the drug’s possible prophylactic powers over this new coronavirus, according to researchers at KU, Duke and other sites involved in the HERO HCQ Trial, launched in April.
At this point, hydroxychloroquine has become a four-letter word for some people.

“There’s been a couple of times where I talk to people and they say ‘Yeah, I’m interested, I want to participate.’ And then they say ‘Wait, wait, wait. Is this a hydroxychloroquine trial?’” said KU clinical research coordinator Maggie Messplay.
“Conversations playing out in the media can create confusion, which is bad for public health, and could create unintended consequences, such as impacting recruitment for critical clinical research trials designed to help find answers about what works, what doesn’t.”
‘Definite negative impact’

Back in April, “we went in guns blazing, we were really excited to enroll as many people as possible,” Messplay said. “Then that infamous Lancet article was published.”

In May the online medical journal, Lancet, published a study saying hydroxychloroquine was not effective in treating COVID-19, that it caused heart problems and worse, increased the risk of death in patients.

The news landed like a bomb. The World Health Organization and others halted hydroxychloroquine studies.

But there were suspicions about the findings, and Lancet retracted the study in early June because data could not be verified by third-party peer review.

By then, though, damage had been done.
“It had a definite negative impact,” said pulmonologist Mario Castro, the study’s principal investigator at the KU site and vice chair for clinical and translational research at the University of Kansas School of Medicine.
“That’s one of the things that HERO has been combating, is that there’s very little prophylaxis information” about hydroxychloroquine, Castro said. “We are hoping now ... that we’ll be able to answer this definitely with an adequate sample size.”
Hydroxychloroquine is generally considered a safe and well-tolerated medication, Duke says.
Messplay said none of the 94 people involved in KU’s trial have experienced severe side effects, and the same is true for participants across the country.

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1356 on: August 10, 2020, 06:03:11 AM »
And here is how some uropeans see the situation in the US.

As US reaches 5 million COVID-19 infections, Europe alarmed with failure to contain spread: ‘Don’t they care about their health?'
https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-coronavirus-updates-20200809-4hau3a3o4vcpnjbndnymji2ymm-story.html

BTW scroll down to the active cases graph for Greece. Just when we thought things would be better in the summer.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/greece/

Seems we are paying the cost of relaxing. New stricter measures will be announced in 3 hours and a curfew is on the table.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1357 on: August 10, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »
That is one of the strangest resignation statements ever.  What does ethnicity have to do with getting data correct?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-public-health-director-resigns-coronavirus.amp
California's public health director resigns amid coronavirus test data glitch

The director of California's Department of Public Health announced her surprise resignation on Sunday after the state surpassed 550,000 coronavirus cases.

Dr. Sonia Angell's departure comes amid news that technical issues caused California's coronavirus cases to be undercounted.

Angell did not give her reason for stepping down in her resignation letter.

“As the first Latina in this role, I am very proud to have served this Department, Administration and our State, alongside all of you"

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #1358 on: August 10, 2020, 06:44:23 PM »

Maybe she didn't fit into Soro's team.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #1359 on: August 14, 2020, 09:02:14 PM »
Cumulative Cases/Deaths per Million Population

Nation/State         Cases/mil Deaths/mil
Peru 15,382777
Chile 19,968 540
US16,533518
Brazil 15,412501
Mexico3,961433
Panama 18,368401
Canada  3,220239
--- --- ---
New Jersey 21,661 1,798
New York23,3451,691
Massachusetts 17,8061,278
Connecticut 14,2761,249
Rhode Island  19,196964
Louisiana 29,413954
Washington, DC18,587842
Mississippi ^x223,833686
Michigan10,086657
Illinois 16,101626
Delaware 16,780609
Arizona ^x226,340608
Maryland 16,355601
Pennsylvania 9,981589
Indiana 11,680462
Georgia 21,841431
South Carolina 20,363428
Florida 26,226426
Alabama 21,682386
Nevada ^x519,398339
Texas ^x618,931336
New Mexico ^x111,045335
Colorado 9,123328
Ohio 9,118324
New Hampshire 5,122311
Minnesota 11,299308
Iowa 16,146306
California ^x115,514282
Virginia 12,283278
Missouri 10,766235
Washington8,932231
North Carolina 13,555221
Arkansas ^x217,361195
Tennessee ^x119,103194
Nebraska 15,502187
Kentucky 8,572180
Wisconsin 11,031176
South Dakota 11,331170
Oklahoma 11,852163
North Dakota 10,920159
Idaho ^x115,205148
Kansas 11,731139
Utah 14,341112
Maine ^x13,06194
Vermont 2,40593
Oregon 5,36191
West Virginia 4,61769
Montana 5,18476
Wyoming 5,50052
Alaska 5,56837
Hawaii 3,209   28

US 7-day average daily deaths have been above 1000 for more than 2 weeks.

California leads with 613k cases (between Russia and South Africa), a per capita case rate 94% US overall rate, with a per capita death rate 54% US rate. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 09:12:27 PM by FreeLancer »

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1360 on: August 15, 2020, 09:02:51 AM »
Well, that completely backfired.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/amp/british-tourists-france-quarantine-restrictions-gbr-scli-intl/index.html
British tourists rush back from France to avoid quarantine

Thousands of British holidaymakers have been trying to return home from France in an attempt to avoid new quarantine restrictions imposed by the UK government.

The rush came after the government announced late on Thursday that all people arriving in the UK from France, where Covid-19 infections rates are high, would need to self-isolate for 14 days from Saturday onwards.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1361 on: August 15, 2020, 09:20:03 AM »
The bipartisanship continues.  Regardless from which side of the aisle they hail, politicians with first hand knowledge of hydroxychloroquine+zinc continue to speak out favorably on its benefits.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/louie-gohmert-is-covid-19-free-and-he-credits-hydroxychloroquine
Louie Gohmert is COVID-19-free, and he credits hydroxychloroquine

Rep. Louie Gohmert has recovered from the coronavirus and plans to donate plasma in the coming days, he told the Washington Examiner.

“I’m feeling really well, really great, actually,” the Texas Republican said.
He tested negative for the virus and positive for the coronavirus antibodies this week. Gohmert said that he will donate plasma “as often as I am allowed” to help others recover from the virus.

Gohmert, who turns 67 next week, told the Washington Examiner he believes his recovery was aided by the use of vitamin supplements and hydroxychloroquine
“I had a couple of bad days, but I started taking hydroxychloroquine, [Zithromax], and zinc, along with vitamins D3 and C," he said.
Gohmert said he has been cleared by the Capitol’s attending physician to return to work and will vote in person if Congress reconvenes this summer to take up a now-stalled coronavirus aid package.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1362 on: August 15, 2020, 10:55:55 AM »
Cleanup work by scientists is starting to get public's attention.  US will be many multiples of this.  Case numbers will jump while death numbers will plummet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8599213/Thousands-Covid-19-deaths-wiped-governments-official-toll-counting-fiasco.html
Thousands of coronavirus deaths 'will be wiped off the government's official toll' after urgent review into counting fiasco that included people who had recovered and died of other causes in the toll
Public Health England was miscounting coronavirus death, official review found
Counted victims if they died from any cause months later after beating disease
Could see up to 4,000 deaths removed from overall death toll, or 10 per cent

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1363 on: August 18, 2020, 07:02:48 AM »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/08/17/mn_governor_quietly_reverses_course_on_hydroxychloroquine__143978.html
MN Governor Quietly Reverses Course on Hydroxychloroquine

The reversal by Walz, a first-term Democrat, clears the way for doctors to prescribe hydroxychloroquine
Though his critics are likely loath to admit it, there’s reason to believe the president may have been on to something. In recent weeks a chorus of voices in the medical community has emerged to challenge the view that hydroxychloroquine is ineffective as a COVID treatment. Dr. Harvey A. Risch, a professor of epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health, said a full analysis of the literature suggests hydroxychloroquine may be the key to defeating the coronavirus.
“Physicians who have been using these medications in the face of widespread skepticism have been truly heroic,” Risch wrote in Newsweek, adding that a full review of the COVID literature on the drug shows “clear-cut and significant benefits.”
Prescribing hydroxychloroquine in the early stages of the virus is key, Risch said, and others agree. Steven Hatfill, a veteran virologist and adjunct assistant professor at the George Washington University Medical Center, says the literature supporting hydroxychloroquine is overwhelming.

“There are now 53 studies that show positive results of hydroxychloroquine in COVID infections,” Hatfill wrote in RealClearPolitics. “There are 14 global studies that show neutral or negative results -- and 10 of them were of patients in very late stages of COVID-19, where no antiviral drug can be expected to have much effect.”

One of the positive studies, published by Henry Ford Health System, was a large-scale retrospective of six hospitals. Analyzing 2,541 patients, it found that those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died at about half the rate of patients not treated with it.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #1364 on: August 18, 2020, 04:39:34 PM »
Please don't try oleander as a COVID treatment, because you'll probably kill yourself.

Oleandrin is a deadly plant poison, not a COVID-19 cure

...Oleandrin is the chemical that causes the plant’s lethal toxicity. It is known by scientists as a cardiac glycoside, a class of organic compounds with a common feature: They exhibit powerful effects on heart tissue, often with deadly consequences.

A pre-print article – that is, an article not peer-reviewed by other scientists – is now online. It reports how, in a test tube, oleandrin reduces production of the virus responsible for COVID-19. But this does not take into account the well-known cardiac toxicity of the chemical when consumed by an animal or human. ...

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #1365 on: August 18, 2020, 05:45:47 PM »
I didn't know there was so much of a push behind oleandrin already.

Axios, 8/16/20: Trump eyes new unproven coronavirus "cure"

...The experimental botanical extract, oleandrin, was promoted to Trump during an Oval Office meeting in July. It's embraced by Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson and MyPillow founder and CEO Mike Lindell, a big Trump backer, who recently took a financial stake in the company that develops the product. ...

Not only did he take a financial stake, he got himself appointed to the Board of Directors.

...A July 2020 study from the University of Texas at Galveston shows, in a laboratory setting, that oleandrin can inhibit the coronavirus in monkey kidney cells. This study has not been peer reviewed and one of the authors of the study, Robert Newman, is chairman of Phoenix Biotechnology's scientific advisory board — the company developing the oleandrin product.

Phoenix Biotechnology's website listed Newman as the president of the company and a member of its board of directors until quite recently
(Google's cache shows he held both roles as of August 12th). ...

Got the picture?  Little Pharma can do conspiracies too.

Meanwhile, some experts are seriously concerned that people will try homemade oleander preparations as a COVID treatment.  This is incredibly unbelievably dangerous, so don't do it!  The American Botanical Council, a major herbal medicine organization, has issued this 8/18/20 press release about the dangers of oleander:

The nonprofit American Botanical Council (ABC) today warned the public about the substantial toxicity associated with all parts of the oleander (Nerium oleander) plant. ABC warns consumer not to ingest any parts of the plant, or capsules, tablets, teas, or extract preparations made from leaves or other parts of the oleander plant because it contains chemicals that can cause serious effects to the human heart, including death. ...

All parts of the plant contain a poisonous substance called oleandrin, known technically as a cardiac glycoside, and other similarly toxic constituents. The structure of oleandrin and its activity are similar to digoxin, a glycoside from the equally toxic foxglove plant (Digitalis purpurea). Digoxin is a pharmaceutical drug used in conventional cardiology for heart failure and irregular heartbeat.

ABC does not know of any extracts or dietary supplement products sold in the U.S. that contain oleander. Oleander plant parts and its extracts are not sufficiently safe to be sold in dietary supplements.

There are some homeopathic drugs made from oleander, but these are highly dilute preparations, diluted to the point where there are only minute amounts of molecules from oleander compounds left in the homeopathic dilution.

According to ABC Founder and Executive Director Mark Blumenthal, “To be clear, ABC applauds appropriate scientific research into medicinal plants and fungi as sources of new medicines. We also acknowledge the very promising medical research conducted by Phoenix Biotechnologies and their oleandrin formulations. However, ABC emphasizes the distinction between a scientifically studied, chemically-defined experimental new drug compound from a widely known poisonous plant and a simple home-made pill, tea, or extract made from the plant’s various parts. With respect to oleander, all parts of the plant are highly toxic, dangerous, and life-threatening when ingested. Consumers should not, ever, try to make a home-made remedy from or self-treat with oleander.”

Offline Prepper456

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1366 on: August 18, 2020, 08:04:59 PM »
you know people will. after the last time bleach was suggested by 45,  poison control got 121% more calls than usual
https://time.com/5835244/accidental-poisonings-trump/

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #1367 on: August 21, 2020, 11:21:05 PM »
Cumulative Cases/Deaths per Million Population

Nation/State         Cases/mil Deaths/mil
Peru 17,438825
Chile 20,574560
US17,498541
Brazil 16,621533
Mexico4,257462
Panama 19,517430
Canada  3,291240
--- --- ---
New Jersey 21,9281,807
New York23,6001,693
Massachusetts 18,1671,291
Connecticut 14,4501,251
Louisiana ^x130,4851,008
Rhode Island  19,844972
Washington, DC19,085853
Mississippi 25,645744
Michigan10,476664
Arizona ^x227,051644
Illinois 17,152637
Delaware 17,222616
Maryland 17,020608
Pennsylvania 10,347598
South Carolina ^x221,438478
Indiana 12,524477
Florida ^x127,623474
Georgia 23,511471
Alabama 22,999406
Texas ^x120,568398
Nevada 20,919385
New Mexico 11,491352
Ohio ^x19,675339
Colorado 9,479332
Iowa ^x217,438324
Minnesota ^x112,081319
New Hampshire 5,200315
California 16,699303
Virginia 12,988285
Missouri 12,056250
Washington9,439243
North Carolina 14,577241
Tennessee ^x120,624227
Arkansas 18,441220
Nebraska 16,349194
Kentucky 9,460193
Wisconsin 11,861183
Oklahoma ^x113,077181
South Dakota 12,303180
North Dakota 12,432173
Idaho 16,429170
Kansas 12,778145
Utah 15,111119
Oregon ^x25,79098
Maine 3,18896
West Virginia 5,05995
Vermont 2,47093
Montana 5,81683
Wyoming 6,08964
Alaska 6,27241
Hawaii 4,28932

The US will hit 180k deaths this weekend and average deaths continue to be above 1000/day. 

At this rate we could see 250k deaths by Election Day and 300k before New Year. 

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1368 on: August 23, 2020, 10:38:31 AM »
Jack posted a link to this on Parler.   Worth the read.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/20/why-is-the-media-suppressing-information-about-hydroxychloroquines-effectiveness-against-covid/
Why Is The Media Suppressing Information About Hydroxychloroquine’s Effectiveness Against COVID?
There are now 53 studies that show positive results of hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 infections. So, why is the media still spreading misinformation?

Online LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #1369 on: August 24, 2020, 07:49:58 AM »
Very interesting Levin interview about HCQ, as well as a bit about the hoopla about universal mail-in voting and the USPS. So much distortion of the facts by the media relative to the actual facts reported by the postmaster general to the Senate and borne up by statistics on changes in number of sorting machines relative to the past several years.

https://youtu.be/Bzej9r6BhUU

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #1370 on: August 24, 2020, 03:30:16 PM »
Why is Andrew Cuomo delivering a DNC speech about COVID? He has managed this about as bad as possible. I'd let that go because everyone got a little blindsided but New York actually implemented policies that caused unneeded death. Instead he's heralded as some kind of wunderkind champion.

Let's even pretend NYC has managed alright. His governorship saw the loss of how much population? Not just in death but in fleeing. I have friends in NYC and they joke it's the 70s again.

I've been miffed at the media for all the half truths during COVID but to tell me with a straight face that Andrew Cuomo is the leadership you want... You'd do better selling me the Brooklyn Bridge.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1371 on: August 24, 2020, 05:26:06 PM »
Why is Andrew Cuomo delivering a DNC speech about COVID? He has managed this about as bad as possible. I'd let that go because everyone got a little blindsided but New York actually implemented policies that caused unneeded death. Instead he's heralded as some kind of wunderkind champion.

China is reportedly paying him and others big bucks to insinuate the virus originated in Europe. Funny thing is he criticized Trump for putting travel restrictions on people from Europe.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1372 on: August 26, 2020, 06:39:19 PM »

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1373 on: September 02, 2020, 07:50:31 PM »
The anticipated large scale study from Itally has been released.  It matches results of US studies with 30% reduction in mortality.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200825/Hydroxychloroquine-treatment-for-COVID-19-patients-lowers-in-hospital-mortality-rates.aspx
Hydroxychloroquine treatment for COVID-19 patients lowers in-hospital mortality rates

The research, conducted on 3,451 patients treated in 33 hospitals throughout the Italian territory (list of participating centers attached), shows that the use of this drug reduces by 30% the risk of death in hospitalized patients affected by Covid-19.
"We observed - explains Augusto Di Castelnuovo, epidemiologist at the Neuromed Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, currently at Mediterranea Cardiocentro in Naples - that patients treated with hydroxychloroquine had a 30% lower in-hospital mortality rate compared to those not receiving this treatment. Our data were subjected to extremely rigorous statistical analysis, taking into account all the variables and possible confounding factors that could come into play. The drug efficacy was evaluated in various subgroups of patients. The positive results of hydroxychloroquine treatment remained unchanged, especially in those patients showing a more evident inflammatory state at the moment of admission to hospital".

"While waiting for a vaccine - says Licia Iacoviello, Director of the Department of Epidemiology and Prevention at Neuromed and professor of Public Health at the University of Insubria at Varese - identifying effective therapies against COVID-19 is an absolute priority. We hope that our research will make an important contribution to the international debate on the role of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of hospitalized patients for coronavirus.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1374 on: September 07, 2020, 08:27:26 AM »
Cleanup work by scientists is starting to get public's attention.  US will be many multiples of this.  Case numbers will jump while death numbers will plummet.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/disaster-medicine-and-public-health-preparedness/article/public-health-lessons-learned-from-biases-in-coronavirus-mortality-overestimation/7ACD87D8FD2237285EB667BB28DCC6E9#
Public health lessons learned from biases in coronavirus mortality overestimation

In testimony before U.S. Congress on March 11, 2020, members of the House Oversight and Reform Committee were informed that estimated mortality for the novel coronavirus was ten-times higher than for seasonal influenza. Additional evidence, however, suggests the validity of this estimation could benefit from vetting for biases and miscalculations. The main objective of this article is to critically appraise the coronavirus mortality estimation presented to Congress. Informational texts from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are compared with coronavirus mortality calculations in Congressional testimony. Results of this critical appraisal reveal information bias and selection bias in coronavirus mortality overestimation, most likely caused by misclassifying an influenza infection fatality rate as a case fatality rate. Public health lessons learned for future infectious disease pandemics include: safeguarding against research biases that may underestimate or overestimate an associated risk of disease and mortality; reassessing the ethics of fear-based public health campaigns; and providing full public disclosure of adverse effects from severe mitigation measures  to contain viral transmission.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #1375 on: Today at 09:46:26 AM »
Same for The Lancet published so called "peer reviewed", "gold standard" study.  It took less than five minutes to see the base sizes in the tables didn't add up.  And others pointed out immediately that reported cases in some areas were greater than their population. Yet, this was, according to WHO, the definitive work and all other research on hydroxychloroquine had to be cancelled immediately.  That is as anti-scientific as it gets.

Update.  The hyped 'gold standard' study has definitively been ruled fraudulent. Essentially, they just made up the data and shopped it around to some physicians eager to 'Dump on Drumpf".  These physicians never even bothered to look at the data despite the number one responsibility of being a scientist is ensuring data integrity and understanding/reporting its limitations.  Turns out the similarly media vaunted study in the New England journal of Medicine was also made up by them. 

So where are all the newsmedia retractions for their stories that propogated this myth?  Are the 'fact checkers' going to fact check their "fact" checks?  Will all the social media companies unban the people they deplatformed based on these faked pieces of research?  Will the WHO ever apologize for all the misinfo it pushes out to appease its communist leader? 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/22/the-lancet-reforms-editorial-policy-after-hydroxychloroquine-covid-study-retraction
The Lancet changes editorial policy after hydroxychloroquine Covid study retraction
New policy comes after serious quality control questions were raised about the data relied on by a study in the medical journal

Sapan Desai was a co-author of the paper and founder of the Surgisphere database. Following the revelations, information about Surgisphere was deleted from the internet. 

It was also revealed that none of the co-authors of the paper had seen the Surgisphere data for themselves, and they said that Desai did not give them access to it even after questions about the paper were raised by Guardian Australia and the research community. The paper’s co-authors, which included a highly respected vascular surgeon, supported the retraction of the paper and distanced themselves from the data.
World Health Organization studies into hydroxychloroquine resumed following Guardian Australia’s Surgisphere investigation, and the Lancet retracted the Surgipshere paper and vowed to review its publication policy. Such rapid retractions are rare, and followed pressure from the international research community who questioned how the study passed quality control processes.

The new policy, published three months after the study was retracted, requires that more than one author on a paper must directly access and verify the data reported in the manuscript.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:56:05 AM by iam4liberty »