Author Topic: covid crash ?  (Read 483 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
covid crash ?
« on: August 17, 2020, 03:40:13 PM »

I don't follow Glen Beck tho sometimes I listen a bit in the car on long road trips. He is calling for serious true hyperinflation and sounds alarmist

Gerald Celente just said it's going down big time. He and Peter Schiff have been talking about how precious metals are going high

It seems we live in uncertain times but if they keep strangling the economy and I guess they are just printing a lot of money then what happens next ? What happens after the election in November, will that change things or can it make it that far ?

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: covid crash ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 04:01:07 PM »
It is uncharted territory.  Money is being parachuted but at the same time, the velocity of money has crashed.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V

This creates a crazy circumstance of big inflation in some areas and deflation in others.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 04:09:55 PM »

Money printer go brrrrr......

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 04:23:14 PM »

I am not sure if I should buy more silver soon or not. I don't need more except I am concerned about losing cash positions. If I could predict how long the covid lockdowns where going to last then it would give me a better idea. If they don't end soon then buying more silver seems like a good idea but if the lockdown ends at any time then it could crash the price of silver so I don't know

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »
If I could predict how long the covid lockdowns where going to last then it would give me a better idea.

That's easy, November 3, 2020.

https://youtu.be/vs8ba-nbQT8

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 07:16:30 AM »
It's important to notice a couple big points here. First, the spending debate was something like a choice between $3 and $6 trillion, we're currently in a debate on $3 trillion more for the Post Office and whether mail-in voting could even work. So there is no fiscal hawk in the conversation.

Second, there is kind of a jerk move being played between state and federal here. If your state stops your business it's not exactly like it's your fault that you stopped making money. Enter the feds who dumped massive amounts of money in "stimulus" to fix this shortfall but it's all pork and even the business loans come with so much red tape it hardly seems worth doing.

We're kind of left with a patchwork of industries who won the game (Amazon, Walmart), industries who lost (airlines, hotels, fine dining), and those still trying to limp through. Trouble is that with all the new debt on the books we really need GDP growth that might not bounce back as quick.

And with regard to COVID lockdowns, bear in mind we're about 5 months in to a 2 week lockdown. So good luck making predictions.