Author Topic: Covid checkpoints in Hawaii  (Read 232 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Covid checkpoints in Hawaii
« on: August 30, 2020, 10:18:51 PM »
This doesn't sound good to me. I don't like the idea of mandatory test that I don't believe in. I also heard that they jam these swabs so far up your nose that it's painful and I would expect it could harm you in some way if you did that enough times. I am concerned that they are going to try this or something like it in other places.

This story seems to be coming from various places. People may be leaving Hawaii too because in some places the grocery stores are going away on a little island that has no food supply of it's own and the government has been very strict on some things

https://patriotdailypress.com/2020/08/30/hawaii-rolling-out-mandatory-covid-19-testing-checkpoints-on-major-oahu-highway-with-mandatory-vaccines-and-quarantine-camps-soon-to-follow/

The State of Hawaii is turning the H-3 freeway on Oahu into a mandatory COVID-19 road block checkpoint, blocking traffic in both directions and subjecting travelers to mandatory testing, reports Hawaii News Now. It means that Hawaii is being rapidly transformed into a medical police state which will soon morph into mandatory quarantine camps like we’ve already seen rolled out in Australia and New Zealand.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
Re: Covid checkpoints in Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 04:59:55 PM »
A friend works for the federal government in Hawaii, at least for another month.  They were completely shut down for a couple of months.  They opened back up last month and the tourists started coming.  Cases immediately started spiking.  They have shut down pretty much everything.  Travel is restricted and because he's an essential employee, he has to carry a letter from the government  saying that he's allowed to travel.

As for the tests, I haven't had one yet, but know many that have.  They have all told me that the discomfort is blown way out of proportion.  But we all know that the media wouldn't sensationalize anything.