Author Topic: Economic impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak  (Read 5575 times)

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Economic impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2020, 08:15:13 PM »
But not all share those sentiments. Take September 11, 2001 for example; not so long afterwards a pro-enemy following developed making accusations of a phobia related to the nationality or religion of those who claimed responsibility. Earlier this year the queen of the House of Representatives marched through Chinatown in S.F. defending China (but these were Americans of Chinese descent) and any critical take of China then, and now, and will be, is xenophobic hate speech; and they have a very adamant following. I'm not making that up. In between them and that now majority that look unfavorably upon China and their goods is a vast percentage that only temporarily care and will before long not give a rat's ass. There are very lively discussions amongst preppers over the boycott or buy China topic.

China isn't going away anymore than Nazi's went away when Germany lost WWII or Stalinism went away when the Soviet Union collapsed. China will suffer but China will adapt and apply force through their tentacles that pervade western capitalism and technology. They own our pork processing facilities, they have major stakes in sports, in U.S. and European technology and have a tradition of long term planning. Whereas we look to the next election they look towards the next 100 years.

Instead of making boycotting China our strategy, we should focus on dismantling globalism, the Trojan horse of communism. We need to take a serious look at ourselves and what we need and ask "why can't we make this here?" and then do it.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2020, 09:56:21 AM »

Various other lawsuits are mentioned in the article below

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/05/18/business/campgrounds-and-restaurant-owners-sue-janet-mills-over-14-day-quarantine-rule/

Owners of campgrounds and restaurants in southern Maine have sued Gov. Janet Mills for imposing a 14-day quarantine for out-of-state travelers coming here. The lawsuit seeks an injunction to lift the requirement.

Three residents of Maine and New Hampshire also are plaintiffs — they claim the quarantine rule violates their constitutional right to travel freely within the United States.

“So, although the governor has publicly acknowledged that she lacks the authority to close the Maine border, the quarantine restrictions effectively do just that,” attorneys Gene Libby and Tyler Smith, both of Kennebunk, said in the lawsuit.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2020, 06:17:48 PM »

I studied Thai Chi and Kung Fu off and on at a martial arts studio in my area for many years. The sifu there is very accomplished teacher who grew up in Chinatown and has been on the cover of Thai Chi magazine. I got an email that due to the covid situation he is having severe financial problems. He had only recently rented more space and had increased some fees to cover it but he can't hold classes anymore.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2020, 11:36:43 AM »
So State Farm lowered auto insurance premiums again because of drop in driving and therefore accidents.  Ours dropped by 60% in total.  At this rate they will soon be paying us!

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2020, 01:42:07 PM »
So State Farm lowered auto insurance premiums again because of drop in driving and therefore accidents.  Ours dropped by 60% in total.  At this rate they will soon be paying us!

They could lower mine anytime.....I haven't heard zip from them about lowering mine.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2020, 01:49:44 PM »
They could lower mine anytime.....I haven't heard zip from them about lowering mine.

It varies by state and timing was determined by when bill was due.. But you should have received something as it started in late March!  You should call your agent.  Here is the FAQ: https://newsroom.statefarm.com/good-neighbor-relief-frequently-asked-questions/#6

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2020, 04:25:41 PM »
Hmmmm yea.
Well, I bought a car and sold another right during all that, and my auto deductions have been kinda screwed up lately. One was way low, last month.
So maybe I just haven't been notified.