Author Topic: Jim baker selling silver solution for coronavirus  (Read 611 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Jim baker selling silver solution for coronavirus
« on: March 04, 2020, 10:00:08 PM »

This has been on the TV attacking colloidal silver which has a long history of use as cure and which you can now easily find at every Whole Foods. The medical people who push anti depressants and create a massive epidemic are out there appearing to attack silver, although baker is probably selling it at an inflated price

https://www.newsweek.com/televangelist-show-guest-promotes-silver-solution-cure-coronavirus-1487069

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
Re: Jim baker selling silver solution for coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »
Sure, I'd buy a coronavirus cure from a convicted financial fraudster.  He says that "God created it in Heaven" and it also cures AIDS and all venereal diseases, so you know it must be good stuff.

The NY State Attorney General has issued a strongly-worded cease and desist order against Bakker.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 08:21:58 AM »

The NY State Attorney General has issued a strongly-worded cease and desist order against Bakker.

8) 8)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 05:22:47 PM »

I can’t find any heavy go to websites with a basic search that say that collidial silver doesn’t work. You can find it in all kinds of stores

The main criticism of it seems to be you can turn blue if you invest too much over time but that seems like it must be a high amount that most people would never do

Offline cmxterra

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Bugging out in style.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 05:23:59 PM »
Sure, I'd buy a coronavirus cure from a convicted financial fraudster.  He says that "God created it in Heaven" and it also cures AIDS and all venereal diseases, so you know it must be good stuff.

Never let a disaster go to waste.. fool money.. bla bla bla

Offline Adam Campbell

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Adam Kenneth Campbell Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 09:27:22 AM »
Damn. I ran out of money to buy colloidal silver from a convicted religious fraudster because I spent all my money on Alex Jones survival seed banks, snake oil, and big dick pills from the InfoWars store :-(

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 09:34:29 AM »
I always thought he would make a good snake oil salesman.

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 10:07:56 AM »
I can’t find any heavy go to websites with a basic search that say that collidial silver doesn’t work. You can find it in all kinds of stores

Surfie;
You have it backwards.  You are supposed to have less trust in health solutions if there are not heavy, independent from the seller, websites saying that it works.  A dearth of websites proving it doesn't work means little.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 11:33:55 AM »

The main criticism of it seems to be you can turn blue if you invest too much over time but that seems like it must be a high amount that most people would never do

I think you should just look into a few herbal remedies for symptom relief and immune support.  The biggest problem is this guy was trying to say colloidal silver is some cure for this disease, and it is not.  And, nothing is in that respect, although you can get help and relief, most likely, from various herbs, nobody should be claiming a "cure" or one special item !  Even as far as herbs, there are many herbs that would be helpful, usually what one does is figure out which ones are growing in your area, and other things to take care of yourself.  SOmeone making money off of one product is always a red flag.

That said, my household has had good results using coloidal silver topically, very good results.  Not a cure.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 01:54:46 AM »

This is an interesting article with many other details besides what I have copied

https://www.silver-colloids.com/history-silver/

The Greeks used silver vessels to keep water and other liquids fresh. The writings of Herodotus, the Greek philosopher, and historian, date the use of silver before the birth of Christ.
The Roman Empire stored wine in silver urns to prevent spoilage.
The use of silver is mentioned in ancient Egyptian writings.
In the Middle Ages, silverware protected the wealthy from the full brunt of the plague.
Before the advent of modern germicides and antibiotics, it was known that disease-causing pathogens could not survive in the presence of silver. Consequently, silver was used in dishware, drinking vessels, and eating utensils.
In particular, the wealthy stored and ate their food from silver vessels to keep bacteria from growing.
The Chinese emperors and their courts ate with silver chopsticks.
The Druids have left evidence of their use of silver.
Settlers in the Australian outback suspend silverware in their water tanks to retard spoilage.
Pioneers trekking across the American West found that if they placed silver or copper coins in their casks of drinking water, it kept the water safe from bacteria, algae, etc.
All along the frontier, silver dollars were put in milk to keep it fresh. Some of us remember our grandparents doing the same.
Silver leaf was used to combat infection in wounds sustained by troops during World War I.
Prior to the introduction of antibiotics, Colloidal Silver was used widely in hospitals and has been known as a bactericide for at least 1200 years.
In the early 1800s, doctors used silver sutures in surgical wounds with very successful results.
In Ayurvedic medicine, silver is used in small amounts as a tonic, elixir or rejuvenating agent for patients debilitated by age or disease.

According to experts, no microorganism ever tested has been able to stay alive for more than six minutes when exposed directly to colloidal silver.

Science Digest cites colloidal silver as “…a wonder of modern medicine,” and further states “Antibiotics kill perhaps a half dozen different disease organisms, but silver kills some 650. Resistant strains fail to develop. Moreover, silver is virtually non-toxic. Colloidal silver, used as an anti-microbial agent, will not create superbugs as antibiotics do.”

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 02:06:10 AM »

Quite a few articles do mention that microbes can’t coexist with silver

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/05/silver-turns-bacteria-deadly-zombies

The zombie apocalypse may be more than just a horror story for some bacteria. New research shows that when exposed to a microbe-slaying silver solution, the germs can “go zombie,” wiping out their living compatriots even after death. The results may explain silver's long-lasting antibacterial power and could improve the performance of medical products that keep us safe from harmful pathogens.

The use of silver in medicine dates back thousands of years, and scientists have long known that the metal is a potent antibacterial agent. Silver ions perform their deadly work by punching holes in bacterial membranes and wreaking havoc once inside. They bind to essential cell components like DNA, preventing the bacteria from performing even their most basic functions.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 02:17:27 AM »

Something on the blue skin phenomenon

https://www.healthline.com/health/argyria-cure#causes

You can develop argyria if you have far too much silver in your body, which generally results from prolonged exposure. When silver reaches your stomach, it prompts a chemical reaction. As the silver breaks down, it enters your bloodstream.

Within a week, most of the silver we consume leaves the body through our feces. Some goes out with urine.

But when you take in too much silver, your body has a tough time keeping up with it. Whatever silver isn’t discarded gets deposited in the skin and other tissues, where it continues to build up. When your skin is then exposed to light, it turns blue-gray.