Author Topic: Covid- 19 Staycation What have odd things have you run out of?  (Read 3636 times)

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
Re: Covid- 19 Staycation What have odd things have you run out of?
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2020, 01:13:16 PM »
Well, if animal control ever shows up in the sticks here, I'm doomed.  ;D ;D

Clippers. I don't trust the wife with those, let alone scissors. Last time, some years back, I didn't have any hair left. Nope, never again.

Offline Redman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2020, 04:33:54 PM »
Yuor wife was right....And I am telling this cos I know how it feels having not a haircut. My hair look like the guy's in your avatar but lot more fluffy... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Phoned my barber monday, the day salons are allowed to open over here, and he as already booked for 10 days.
Act fast...anyone offering services, ike seamstresses, will be drowned with clientele.

Well mine does too when it is shorter but I haven't had a haircut in 5 yrs. It is down to my shoulders and I keep it in a ponytail. It isn't getting any longer because it is falling out and breaking off every time I brush it.

And my avatar, that is Christopher Lloyd, a great character actor and some days I feel like the avatar looks. :rofl:

Offline Redman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »
Well, if animal control ever shows up in the sticks here, I'm doomed.  ;D ;D

Clippers. I don't trust the wife with those, let alone scissors. Last time, some years back, I didn't have any hair left. Nope, never again.

Oh I understand perfectly.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2020, 06:33:55 PM »

And my avatar, that is Christopher Lloyd, a great character actor and some days I feel like the avatar looks. :rofl:

Ok. So.......kinda like......ah......hmmm........well.............yeah.   ;D

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2020, 07:23:17 PM »
Some people have run out of temperament:
The man involved in a fight that led to the death of an elderly man is jailed Tuesday night on a homicide charge.
Online jail records show that Mr. X, 50, is in the County Jail on a charge of 1st Degree Reckless Homicide. He's currently being held without bond.
On May 1 Police officers were called to location for a fight between two men.
Police said the incident began after Mr X felt that 79-year-old Russell had parked too close to his vehicle. A verbal argument turned physical between the two men. Russell was injured in the confrontation.
He was taken to hospital where he later died.
Originally Mr. X was arrested on charges of substantial battery and disorderly conduct and released on a signature bond.
He was jailed Tuesday evening on the homicide charge.
UPDATE: A $100,000 cash bond was set for the man arrested on a homicide charge in the death of an elderly man in a fight last week.

:crazy:

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2020, 07:14:30 AM »
I'm running out of patience for celebrity PSAs. I'm sick and tired of being told all we need do is sit in our Malibu mansions as our servants bring us food and take care of our every need.

I'm normally the pro-wealth guy but if you don't have empathy for the young family struggling right now you have a very sick modality. TV isn't a substitute for food.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2020, 08:21:42 AM »
I'm running out of patience for celebrity PSAs. I'm sick and tired of being told all we need do is sit in our Malibu mansions as our servants bring us food and take care of our every need.

I'm normally the pro-wealth guy but if you don't have empathy for the young family struggling right now you have a very sick modality. TV isn't a substitute for food.

exactly - you need BREAD with your CIRCUSES ::)

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2020, 09:03:12 AM »
We have several "non-essential" businesses that have quietly opened up. It's a small town so the cops look the other way when they drive by. And what does "non-essential" mean? The marketplace determines that, not government. They certainly are essential to those who make their livelihood from them.

Those people doing sign language for the deaf are certainly getting a workout. Sort of talking in Tai-Chi; I didn't know that facial expressions were a part of sign language. I think it would be entertaining to see someone try to mime the press conferences.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2020, 09:20:00 AM »

Those people doing sign language for the deaf are certainly getting a workout. Sort of talking in Tai-Chi; I didn't know that facial expressions were a part of sign language. I think it would be entertaining to see someone try to mime the press conferences.

Saw one a couple weeks ago. Some guy with a fat type face really giving out the expressions. Was comical indeed.  ;D

Offline Redman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2020, 05:00:52 PM »

Yes. I worked with a guy for years that was deaf mute. Others not in direct contact didn't try much to communicate with him, one guy in daily contact did. That person had learned ASL or American Sign Language. Yes facial expressions are involved. Dummy and I, his name was Robert but he preferred to be known as Dummy, used a combination of writing, gestures and facial expressions.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2020, 08:38:39 PM »
Body language experts must love people who use their hands, arms, when they speak. Trump not only utilizes his hands but also facial expressions when he speaks. Might be a good reason why his tweets might not communicate the intended sentiment.
Facial expressions in signing must work the same way as in spoken word; to emphasize a point, and a good reason why we have facial icons to say what can't be said in words :).

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2020, 07:38:42 AM »

Wonder what they know about Pelosi's words, her wrist straight, hand and arm flashing around like swatting flies.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2020, 07:42:06 AM »

Wonder what they know about Pelosi's words, her wrist straight, hand and arm flashing around like swatting flies.

:zombie:

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2020, 07:46:30 AM »

:rofl:

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2020, 02:30:08 PM »
Weird stuff out of stock -- couldn't get any red wine vinegar on my last trip... I use a lot of it, because I make all my own salad dressing, so this is a needed item.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2020, 03:23:52 PM »
Still none of these at our local Walmart.
Rubbing alcohol
Anything in disinfectant wipes. Zero
Hydrogen peroxide has now disappeared.
Gardening items is disappearing. Hoses and such. Need another soaker hose or 2, and none in stock.
5' plastic tomato stake is 2.00 each now. I'll go back to making them from scrap wood.

Clorox is 6. and change for a gallon.

Offline ChEng

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Chief Engineer
Cash!?!?!?  :wtf:

The other day, I bought some cheap inverters and some 12Ga shells at my local Walmart. There was a sign above the debit/credit card reader saying (among a bunch of other stuff) "No cash back." I missed that, and when the machine asked if I wanted cash back, I asked for $40.00. The guy was a bit upset, and told me that the store is talking about giving the cashiers empty cash drawers, and not allowing any cash transactions at all - due to the cash (coins and bills) shortage from the mints being closed.

Several (nearly all) other stores, in our area, have signs asking for exact change, or card purchases only.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?

Haven't seen any of those cash/coin shortages here (MO) yet.