Author Topic: Basic Kit for earthquake / wind storm?!  (Read 417 times)

Offline BearGrillz12

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Basic Kit for earthquake / wind storm?!
« on: July 28, 2020, 04:56:37 AM »
Hello,

i want to know, what is your medical kit in a case of a wind storm or earthquake? Do you have any recommandations how i can prepare for such cases?

Offline Fyrediver

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Basic Kit for earthquake / wind storm?!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 08:53:36 PM »
Medical kit doesn't vary based on the event which caused it.  Have a broadly based trauma kit and it should cover the injuries regardless of the cause.  You treat the wound not the situation which caused it. 

Other factors like having a gas shut off wrench available could be construed as "earthquake" preparation.  Having some basic lumber set aside for braces, shoring, window covers etc are other types of prep for events like wind or earthquakes. 

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Basic Kit for earthquake / wind storm?!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 11:41:01 AM »
Medical kit doesn't vary based on the event which caused it.  Have a broadly based trauma kit and it should cover the injuries regardless of the cause.  You treat the wound not the situation which caused it. 

yet there can be a difference on the duration of the treatment the kit offers.
In such situation one might consider having enough gauze pad and tape to change dressing in a wound.
or larger amount of ointments, etc etc.

i.e. since I travel for work to rural regions, i have set me up with a car med kit that will cover a week's needs in consumables. It ended up being twice the size of a regulation car kit

BearGrillz12,
An advice. Build your kit on your skills regarding composition first. Then define amounts.