Author Topic: African-American Gun Group Saw Membership Surge After George Floyd Killing  (Read 960 times)

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
Some good news.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/african-american-gun-group-saw-membership-surge-after-george-floyd-killing/amp/
African-American Gun Group Saw Membership Surge After George Floyd Killing

An African-American gun-rights group announced last Thursday it has seen unprecedented growth in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd.

The National African American Gun Association (NAAGA) saw thousands of new members join in the hours after the video emerged of Floyd's death at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer. That represents a new record in daily sign-ups for the group.

"2,000 people joined NAAGA in 36 hours after George Floyd," NAAGA founder Philip Smith said in a statement. "That broke our records. We're getting a ton of folks from all over."

Membership has surged in 2020, a trend beginning with the coronavirus outbreak that drove Americans to gun stores in record numbers. Black Americans have flocked to the group and its 112 chapters after Floyd's death. The single-day jump of 2,000 people accounted for nearly 20 percent of the more than 10,000 new members that have joined since January.

NAAGA boasts more than 40,000 members. Its membership is 90 percent African American, more than half of whom are women, and includes more than 1,000 law enforcement and military members. The group's scholarship fund helps African-American students in need of financial assistance. 10,000 new members that have joined since January.
The number of transactions between Ammo.com and NAAGA members increased 350 percent in the two weeks after Floyd's death. The company said the increased sales among NAAGA members were part of a record-breaking surge in ammunition sales seen across the country. The uptick has mainly been characterized by greater sales of self-defense ammunition, such as 9mm and .223 Remington.
"The right to self-defense is natural, color-blind, and enshrined in our Constitution," said Alex Horsman, marketing director at Ammo.com. "That is why in 2017, we selected the NAAGA Scholarship Fund as one of the several pro-freedom organizations to which we voluntarily donate 1 percent of our sales."

NAAGA boasts more than 40,000 members. Its membership is 90 percent African American, more than half of whom are women, and includes more than 1,000 law enforcement and military members. The group's scholarship fund helps African-American students in need of financial assistance.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
Watch out, ANTIFA.  The real anti-fascists are showing up.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3221046001
Black gun owners plan pro-Second Amendment walk in Oklahoma City on day of Trump rally

“As an African American, it’s important to send a message to the governor and president that we aren’t going to allow people to come into our communities and brutalize us,” Chatman said. “That goes for corrupt police officers, white supremacists and criminals. Criminals have no color. It doesn’t matter if you are a Black man, white man, Asian or Hispanic.

“If you come into our community, know we are armed.”

Many in attendance on Saturday are expected to be openly carrying firearms, which is legal. In Oklahoma, citizens age 21 or older can carry a firearm in public without a permit, and active duty military personnel or veterans age 18 or older are allowed to carry a firearm in public without a permit.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
I'm not the man to ask about offensive terms because it seems I don't know the correct answer and I don't want to offend anyone. But the math can't lie. Black people are ~13% of the population and holy crap would I love to have all of them on pro-gun policies.

Most of our "gun control" historically was targeted at minority communities and this was the racist invention of "may issue" gun permits.

This is why I volunteer for helping instruct women and the Pink Pistols (a gay gun organization). We don't care about your race, gender, or creed as long as you can be safe and have fun at the range. I want the most amount of Americans to be comfortable using a firearm whether that means self defense or just a fun range day. I actually consider it a safety requirement because America has more guns than people so knowing how to be safe when you find a gun is a big deal. The Eddie Eagle policy of "tell an adult" only works if the adult is competent. And we all should be. It's right up there with defensive driving and how to use a fire extinguisher.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
Democrats are losing their minds over this.  For years they've promoted and passed systemically racist laws stopping African Americans from owning firearms.  Now that AAs are pushing back on these efforts to make them defenseless, the Dems have been struggling to find a new position where they can salvage these new gun owners' votes while continuing to demonize gun owners in general. This racist video from the New York Times shows their latest attempt.

https://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2020/07/06/spread-this-irresponsible-divisive-and-racist-video-to-all-your-friends-of-color/#vid
Another example of the REAL RACISTS in America…