Author Topic: Breeding bunnies, need some help  (Read 225 times)

Offline The Morgan Hill Homesteading Project

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
Breeding bunnies, need some help
« on: June 26, 2020, 09:32:20 PM »
I have had rabbits for about a month or so now. I have but the male in with the 2 female and never watch him do the deed. Is been 2 weeks since this happened.

Questions. What are some other signs of a rabbit being pregnant besides pulling fur? Will the buck not be interested in the female if she is Prego? By what date will a rabbit start pulling fur, after how many days should you rebreed?

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
Re: Breeding bunnies, need some help
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 07:27:12 AM »
I know nothing.  But I know that Cedar raised rabbits and gave a lot of advise on other threads.  Maybe do a search?

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 12:11:27 PM »
Living Traditions Homestead YT channel has quite a bit about breeding rabbits in their shows... I know that sometimes the females just aren't friendly until they get to know the buck. I believe they put the male cage near the female for a couple of days before putting them in together. I don't recall them ever putting a male with 2 females at the same time...

https://www.livingtraditionshomestead.com/rabbitry

Offline Fixit

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 12:06:11 PM »
Does tend to be territorial and stressed does tend not to breed. You separate cages or one large pen ,on the ground,for a colony style system. If using individual cages always put there in the buck's cage as does have been known to attack buck's put i  their cage.