Author Topic: Amazon Prime Fortitude  (Read 609 times)

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
Amazon Prime Fortitude
« on: July 18, 2020, 07:57:23 PM »
Fortitude is a bit odd. It's the story of a small island in the Arctic co-owned by Britain and Norway. I can't give away any plot points because it goes very odd and season 1 is much better than season 2.

It's really good from a preparedness view because the climate is the primary enemy and the second enemy is polar bears. And it will weird you out that almost everyone has to carry  a hunting rifle at all times for fear of bears.

Worth the watch for the first season. It will get odd but it pulls back with unreal writing.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Amazon Prime Fortitude
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 08:04:17 AM »
agree with your assessment. We've also been watching a couple of the Finnish series and enjoying them with subtitles. We are finding it fun to pick out and learn a few phrases of that language...

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 08:08:20 AM »
agree with your assessment. We've also been watching a couple of the Finnish series and enjoying them with subtitles. We are finding it fun to pick out and learn a few phrases of that language...

I met a Danish girl when I was studying in Florence.  She spoke near perfect English.  She said that her family would watch American tv shows in English with subtitles and then eventually moved to without subtitles.  And that is how she learned English.  I suspect she also took a class in school, but her accent, word choice, word order, inflections, etc were almost perfect.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 08:14:22 AM »
I met a Danish girl when I was studying in Florence.  She spoke near perfect English.  She said that her family would watch American tv shows in English with subtitles and then eventually moved to without subtitles.  And that is how she learned English.  I suspect she also took a class in school, but her accent, word choice, word order, inflections, etc were almost perfect.

We have friends in Holland that did the same thing. They also get a lot of German programs, so also do quite well in German.