Author Topic: Roadside assistance  (Read 772 times)

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
Roadside assistance
« on: September 01, 2020, 06:16:33 PM »
So my son had an accident almost 2 years ago.  My insurance had an accident forgiveness thing.  Then just over a year ago, my wife had an accident and the car insurance went through the roof.  Just the other day my daughter got her license just last week.  I added her to the insurance and it was going to go up $400 a month.  That's without a car and is not acceptable.  So I started shopping for insurance.

My old insurance had roadside assistance and some of the other companies don't include that into their quotes.  I know I want roadside assistance, my son's at college and not overly mechanically inclined,  not to mention I don't want my wife or daughter stuck on the side of the road in the rain changing a flat.

So any of you have roadside assistance not from your insurance company?  Anyone have anything other than AAA?

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Roadside assistance
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 08:21:29 PM »
We've had triple A for 30 years. Has been excellent for us.   They are the big dog by far.  No matter where you are, there will be an AAA affiliated service provider. And their RV add-on is nearly equivalent to Good SAM Club's offering if that matters to you. Is there a reason you aren't interested in them?

Offline Oakie

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 12:28:15 PM »
I would ask for quotes with roadside added. They may offer it although they didn't quote it. Some companies cover it with all policies as a perk. These are all 'roadside' and will not come to home.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 04:53:42 PM »
Is there a reason you aren't interested in them?
Nope, just looking for options.

I would ask for quotes with roadside added.
Yep, I did that.  But I want to see what else is out there.  I'm seeing prices from about $10/driver to $30/driver.  I know that AAA is about that same price, so...

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 02:39:44 PM »
We've had USAA insurance forever... they are the best prices we have found and do have roadside assistance available. It used to be that only US military officers and their families could get it, but they have opened it up to many others now...

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 06:08:12 PM »
We've had USAA insurance forever... they are the best prices we have found and do have roadside assistance available. It used to be that only US military officers and their families could get it, but they have opened it up to many others now...
That's where I'm switching from.  The son and wife's accidents really screwed our rates.  We were really happy with their service, we just can't pay almost 2x what the next closest rate is.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 08:09:41 AM »

Ours is through our State Farm policy. State Farm has been decent on rates.

And they are returning 2B during the crisis!!!!!
We got a whopping big ol' 16.00 check!!!!  :o :o ;D