Author Topic: Century Red Army Standard 9mm Luger Ammunition 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket 50 Ro  (Read 187 times)

Offline Matthewe Gordon

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
no, cheap ammo will not damage your gun. do not buy gun show reloads. factory reloaded ammo is normally fine.

EDIT: Spam link (and spammer) eliminated
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:08:50 AM by Mr. Bill »

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
no, cheap ammo will not damage your gun. do not buy gun show reloads. factory reloaded ammo is normally fine.

I agree, don't buy gun show reloads...I have had one issue with Red Army ammo and that was when they released some slightly corrosive primers in their ammo.  They posted the fact shortly after it happened (first started to import to US of A) that a batch of their Russian ammo was not marked correctly.  The store I bought it from offered to swap out the ammo.  The ammo was good to shoot, but you had to make sure that you cleaned the weapon after shooting. 

The ammo style was new manufactured 7.62×54mm Rimmed.  The surplus style of this ammo for this it is common to be corrosive.   I kept the ammo next to the one spam can I have and marked it as corrosive.   I literately bought the rifle as a mount over the fireplace artwork.

Cheap steel case ammo can have it's downside and should always be tested in the firearm it will be used in to verify functionality.   For people who do not reload, non-brass cases can be a real budget saver.  I think the CCI Blazer line has some of their ammo sold in aluminum cases.   This ammo has always worked for me.