Author Topic: New Food Safety Bill  (Read 6363 times)

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
New Food Safety Bill
« on: June 29, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »
I just recieved this email a little bit ago. I am going to look up more information on it, but does anybody know of it right off hand? I recieved this email from my mom, and I am not sure where she got it from. I will have to ask her.

The email was as follows:

"-inside HR 2749, a "food safety" bill that is being rammed through Congress as fast as possible. It came out of draft on June 10, went into committee on June 17, passed immediately and is in hearings now. Fast enough to be suspicious? Meant to slip through unnoticed in the chaos of the single payer and cap and trade struggles?

Fast as it is moving, HR 2749 is stuffed with the worst of the other "food safety" bills (take over of all seed, NAIS, servitude for farmers, surveillance, no due process, warrantless entry, monitoring, taking of all records, and much more). HR (Hell Revealed) 2749 has added a new provision, stopping all movement of food supplies anywhere in the country by a simple declaration of "contamination" or "agroterrorism." It includes stopping all transportation as well stopping any vehicles that may ever have "held food." That's every car, truck, plane, train, with food used only as a cover for martial law."

sage0925

Re: New Food Safety Bill
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:04:05 PM »
I am about to go research it on Google. I saw this one coming, and ordered all my seeds for next year. And a Pump-n-Seal to keep them viable as long as possible.

*sigh* back to Congress.org.

sage0925

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
http://www.ftcldf.org/news/news-15june2009.htm

You can start off with that...brb...it's ugly.

sage0925

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »
http://www.infowars.com/hr-2749-totalitarian-control-of-the-food-supply/

This explains the rammifications a little better.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »
Good info. Thanks for the links. I am going to contact my clowns and tell them to shut this down.

sage0925

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 02:51:02 PM »
I already did...told them that Congress needs to stop micromanaging our lives, and that this crock was nothing less than an excuse for martial law.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 02:55:31 PM »
When Jack said people will go to war quickly over food...wait and see what this will do. Sometimes I feel like our government is trying to cause a civil war.

Angie

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 03:36:49 PM »
This along with the projected world food shortage is going to cause some really angry people.  China by the way and stopped reforestation because of projected food shortages.  They remember the famine of 1960s where millions died.

I've called and emailed by congressmen and senators for all the good it does.

Offline lonestar

• Survivor
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 12:16:05 PM »
It basically kills the whole organic farming concept along with farmers' markets.  Even goes into manure usage.  THis bill is a whole lot worse than HR 875.  Even more detailed and gets into a whole lot more specifics. 

A good source for info and updates on the food issues is:     http://www.ftcldf.org/

Offline Louisiana Suvivor

• Can't Spell His Own Name
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • I'm back! I miss you too.
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 12:27:49 PM »
even if they get it in place they couldn't stop all of us. we'll just go into a black market for food

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 02:40:29 PM »
even if they get it in place they couldn't stop all of us. we'll just go into a black market for food

Why not? After all, Congress has worked hard over the years to make a strong Black Market.

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 02:41:37 PM »
indeed +1

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 03:44:37 PM »
Assuming this bill passes and assuming its as evil as it appears, its just all the more reason we have to strive harder to plant more and more.
If this means massive guerrilla farming in National Forests, city parks, median strips, etc, infiltration of groups like National Arbor Day Foundation and move them more towards edibles, what ever it takes short of violence, to get people to see the need to be free of the big farm companies.

I was listening to an audio book today as I did my gardening.
One section of the book was talking about the power of bread in the hands of government. There were references to the French Revolution and to Rome.
But it got me thinking.
Jack has talked about there being one more bubble before the real collapse and I have believed that even before I found Jack's podcasts. I knew the governments of the world are creating a money bubble. Several people have talked about this.

But then a thought occurred to me.
Governments have had money bubbles and hyperinflation several times. Never on a global lever, but it happens.
So what do governments do when a money bubbles makes food too expensive for the huddled masses?
Governments simply take over the food production and begin distributing free bread (rice/corn/whatever) to the masses in the cities.
Then they have what you could call a bread bubble.
And according to what has happened in the past, the bread bubble is THE bubble.

they can't create their bread bubble if they don't control the food production

just a thought.

Side note: the book was "The Political Thought of Étienne de La Boétie" by Murray Rothbard
You can download it at the link below. Its about an hour long. Just right click and hit "save target as"
http://mises.org/MultiMedia/mp3/audiobooks/Boetie/Boetie_Introduction.mp3

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
i like the idea of infiltrating various green groups that plant trees and just suggest growing 1/2 food and 1/2 trees. both do the same thing and one makes food. you can even say it's for the animals or something. instead of oaks plant pecans and apple trees. instead of reg. bushes plant black berry bushes. then slowly move to roots and tubers and corn wheat rye etc.

sage0925

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 08:30:04 PM »
Well, have fun with the manure thing...I'm a big fan of Humanure Compost...I live in the boonies...try and catch me. And I found a deal in the valley for 50 lb bags of wheat...double vacuum bagged...I asked the guy how long the grain would be viable...he shrugged, and said, "oh, 30 to 40 years". And CHEAP. Cut out as many middle men as you can.

I will have over 1500 lbs by the end of the year. Let 'em hand out bread. I won't be in the line.

Hare of Caerbannog

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 08:50:39 PM »
...I will have over 1500 lbs by the end of the year. Let 'em hand out bread. I won't be in the line.

The words of a free person.

Fred_47460

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »
When Jack said people will go to war quickly over food...wait and see what this will do. Sometimes I feel like our government is trying to cause a civil war.

Not to hijack the thread....but I've wondered if that is exactly what they are doing. Get some kind of half-assed "revolution" going so they can use that as an excuse to come collect everyone's firearms. Then they can do whatever they want when we're disarmed. An awful lot of what they're doing just doesn't make sense otherwise.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 05:04:45 PM »
Not to hijack the thread....but I've wondered if that is exactly what they are doing. Get some kind of half-assed "revolution" going so they can use that as an excuse to come collect everyone's firearms. Then they can do whatever they want when we're disarmed. An awful lot of what they're doing just doesn't make sense otherwise.
Actually, Fred, you are getting back on topic.  ;)

I thought of this possibility myself. If people are in a fuss because of lack of food & they can not grow their own food because of Federal Laws then you will see riots. I am not sure if they are intending it that way, but it certainly would seem that they would know better than this. Considering how many legislators and congress clowns out there are sheep as well, they probably don't see anything wrong with this, but most of us do. They seem to have packaged several bad things together into one bill, and one of those being the NAIS deal. I hope they are right and that they stop this thing in the Senate. I have tried telling as many people I know about this as I could. Hopefully some of them will contact their reps and have this thing shot down.

Too bad one of the companies that went down the tubes this year was not Monsanto. I think this whole bill wouldn't be here if it weren't for them and companies like them.

Offline longrifle

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »
Not only sounds like Monsanto, looks like it was written by them.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=21263

http://farmwars.info/?p=594

Can't believe how quiet it is about this. There was such an uproar about HR875 and this one seems even worse to me.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »
To my understanding they are trying to keep this on the down low so not too many people know about it. That was one of the reasons I decided to post it here and hopefully do what I could to give it as much exposure as I was capable of. I wouldn't have known about it if someone hadn't told me about it. I had known about the previous Bill because of the podcast. Politics is dirty and hardly ever honest. That is because you are largely dealing with corporations and businesses...the worst sort of cannibals alive...and yet they are the ones who usually introduce legislature. Don't get me wrong. I am all for capitalism, but the two should not be in each others pockets either. Kind of like separation of church and state, only this would be, separation of business and state. If that is even possible.

Here is some info about the NAIS side of this bill: http://www.dairygoatjournal.com/issues/84/84-2/Nathan_Griffith.html
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:46:42 AM by ColdHaven »

Offline The Sage of Monticello

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lover of Liberty
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »
In section 133 of the H.R. 2749 bill it is listed a Quarantine Authority for Foods.

"(1) AUTHORITY TO QUARANTINE- If the Secretary determines that there is credible evidence or information that an article of food presents a threat of serious adverse health consequences or death to humans or animals, the Secretary may quarantine any geographic area within the United States where the Secretary reasonably believes such food is located or from which such food originated. The authority to quarantine includes prohibiting or restricting the movement of food or of any vehicle being used or that has been used to transport or hold such food within the geographic area."

What I have problem with is how the Secretary has so much power in implementing a quarantine with a large enough scope to restrict and prohibit movement of any vehicle on the road in an area "reasonable believed" to be where the suspected bad food originated or located.

That is simply too much power. They need a process of checks and balances here to prevent abuse of power against farmers and the American people.  My 2 cents.

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 11:30:52 PM »
agreed. they wont get it. they don't even read the damn things remember?

Winchester32

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 01:42:25 AM »
Sometimes I feel like our government is trying to cause a civil war.

I believe they are.  None of the crap happening right now is by accident. 

Winchester32

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 01:52:29 AM »
"He who controls the food, controls the world" is a United Nations tenet.

http://www.orwelltoday.com/weather.shtml

Offline CFG

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 08:05:11 AM »
Thanks for posting, CH.

I'm going to go tear my clothes and put ashes on my head and sit on the steps of my rep's office until they take notice.  Okay, not really, but if I didn't have a brood to look after, I would seriously consider it.  We get one thing shot down, they pull something worse out of the hat.  My rep won't even respond to my calls/letters over the other bills.  I will not give up.

Thanks for all the info links.  I'd like to learn more about the codex if anyone wishes to reply.  The farmwars link longrifle posted I think deserves note:

Codex – A Tool of Global Governance by Corporate Command

If some variation of this batch of bad bills is passed into legislation, US citizens will find their laws considerably closer to becoming harmonized with Codex Alimentarius, a set of international food codes crafted by unaccountable and unelected bureaucrats in conjunction with vested industry and trade interests.  It’s important that the public learns more about Codex, because its “standards” will be enforced by the World Trade Organization to govern global trade practices of all its member nations.  Furthermore, this body of food codes will take legal precedence over national laws, like the 1994 Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA).

The US media are assiduously silent on the matter of Codex. Under the helpful cover of the media’s information blackout, Codex Alimentarius Commission meetings are regularly attended by officials from the Departments of Agriculture, Health and Human Services, State, Commerce, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Office of US Trade Representative, and the US Codex Office.  Non-governmental agencies in attendance at the meetings include the 49th Parallel Biotechnology Consortium, the Biotechnology Industry Organization, Consumers Union, Crop Life International, Dow Chemical, Dupont, the European Association of Bioindustries, the Grain and Feed Trade Association, the International Cooperative Alliance, the International Council of Beverages Associations, the International Council of Grocery Manufacturers Association, the Institute of Food Technologists, the International Glutamate Technical Committee and the International Life Sciences Institute, Monsanto, and Sygenta, among others –with the exception, that is, of any democratically elected and accountable representatives of citizens these food codes will affect.

The standards created by the Codex Alimentarius Commission are set to enable industry interests to dictate and control rules covering vitamins, minerals and nutrients, genetically modified plants and livestock, toxic residues, antibiotics, drugs, growth stimulants and other hormones in food and animals, organic foods, the irradiation of plants and animal food and nanotechnology.  Scott Tips, President of the National Health Federation, the only accredited health freedom organization allowed to participate at Codex meetings, projects that these standards are on tract to be implemented sometime between 2011 and 2013.

Codex committees — such as the Codex Committees on Food Additives and Contaminants (CCFAC), Pesticide Residues (CCPR), Residues of Veterinary Drugs in Foods (CCRVDF), Food Hygiene (CCFH), General Principles (CCGP), Food Labeling (CCFL), Nutrition and Food for Dietary Uses (CCNFDU), Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems (CCFICS) and Methods of Analysis an Sampling (CCMAS) – all employ the concept of risk management to determine the rules they recommend to the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC).

Codex standards are of critical importance to agribusiness, because they are acknowledged as the appropriate guidelines in the Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) and Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Agreements of the WTO Agreement.  While the WTO had provisions that allowed member states to create barriers to trade by citing national legislation to ensure food safety, those provisions would become void, thanks to the SPS and TBT agreements, if an international safety standard created by Codex determined otherwise.  So, thanks to the unelected and unaccountable private deal-makers who wrote these trade agreements, Codex rules will trump national law.

Offline CFG

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 08:36:11 AM »
It passed.  I got the email today.  :'(

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 04:52:52 PM »