Author Topic: When SHTF in Argentina  (Read 3153 times)

Offline ElyasWolff

• Survivor
When SHTF in Argentina
« on: October 26, 2008, 08:59:24 PM »
Things went south there bad in 2001.
Someone reposted this on AR15.com, and I think it was originally written by FerFal. He is a good guy like you or me living after the collapse. To be honest, their economic collapse has some mirrors on what is happening here and now.

This has four parts and is very interesting. It is posted all around the web, a quick google quote and search will find a mirror for these writings.
http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/10.08/tshtf1.html

This is FerFal's blog
http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

Here is a copy of part one:

Wednesday, 13 December 2006

For western countries such as the UK, the first major problems of Peak Oil, assuming there are no oil shocks, will not be the shortage of oil but the economic crises that will occur. Argentina is a recent example of a country that suffered a serious economic crisis, and although Argentina and the UK are not identical, anyone interested in how economic crises can affect individual lives will be very interested in the following vivid description of life for an Argentinian following the economic collapse.

"This post has been modified by Docwatmo to comply with DMCA Rules and Regulations".

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:26:07 AM by Docwatmo »

Offline ElyasWolff

• Survivor
Re: When SHTF in Argentina
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:00:03 PM »
<Too much for one post>

To me, spending 500 dollars on beauty products, and to make it worse, on a guy? That's simply not acceptable.

The way I see it, someone with that mentality can't survive a week without a credit card, no use in even considering a SHTF scenario. And this guy is a firearms instructor?... probably the kind of guy that will say that a handgun is only used to fight his way to his rifle... and his facial night cream...

"This post has been modified by Docwatmo to comply with DMCA Rules and Regulations".

Part two. You know the drill.
http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/10.08/tshtf2.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:28:06 AM by Docwatmo »

tash

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:11:04 PM »
+1 to what FerFal has to say. Definitely a good and informative read.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 07:42:54 PM »
A lot of hard learned lessons in that read.  I've read that once before but it's a good reminder.

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 09:24:59 PM »
(This thread has been selected as a “best of” thread by Heavy G.  You can search for “best of” threads by using that term in the search mode.  Everyone on the forum is encouraged to reply to a post they think is “best of” worthy so we can all search for them.  For more information on the “best of” thing, see http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=3423.0 )

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 12:09:28 PM »
I read this on SurvivalBlog when it was posted there a couple of years back, it was one of the primary reasons I got involved in a local no currency barter network. I also visited Argentina in early 2006 and I must say that while some areas have really rebounded, there are stretches of abandoned streets, lovely centuries-old architecture covered with signs of fire and vandalism, right in the middle of the capital. While I enjoyed the pleasures of a strong US dollar on holiday ($3 Porterhouse steaks! $2 bottles of fine vino! $1 cab rides!) I knew the reason why it was so cheap to enjoy the fruits of Argentina, economic collapse and political mismanagement.

Yes, I think that foul wind of disaster just blew north, may we be wiser.

Offline TJ

• Prepper
  • I Lead, Never Follow.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 04:52:38 PM »
I agree with that "Best of" nomination, lots of good info in those 4 sections.